Have you ever had a four-way?

Profits

I have quite a few doubles and triples all having 2" machines on top, but I don't have any 4 ways.. I do have 1-5 way and 3 more in the works.But to be completely honest, I don't think I have any locations that need 4 1" machines.

Have I ever had a four way? Heck ya but wife gets pissed. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The step stand as shown is great because you can always add wings.

To either add two inch machines, one inch or even flat.

Those machines are nice

I will never buy anything else other that a beaver or a NW the prices on NW are great and they will last you forever.

I don't see it that way. You can order four AA pm elites with Chrome top and .50 meck for 61.

When I last called nw it was 86. Stand at AA 50 and freight 40. For total of 344. Or you can make it a 6 way using same rack for about 430. Using small panel heads. Profits paid what 476.

I just LOVE beaver's chrome 4 head J stand. I highly reccomend.

a friendly competitor of mine works with a lot of those j-stands and I was able to take a long look at a few of his in storage once.

You are right to love them.

They look great and are much more stable than one would initially believe.

Plus they are built like a tank.

The only drawbacks:

Cost...I can get two long-lasting step stands for the price of one J.

And, I don't know why, but I thought they looked awkward with anything larger than a 2-column flat vend on top.

with that size rack I always put one 2 inch and one 1 inch machine on top shelf and two 1 inch machines on bottom shelf, I feel a 2 inch machine on top makes this a much more versatile set up. It doesnt limit you to 50 cent pricepoints whereas the 1 inch configuration does.

with that size rack I always put one 2 inch and one 1 inch machine on top shelf and two 1 inch machines on bottom shelf, I feel a 2 inch machine on top makes this a much more versatile set up. It doesnt limit you to 50 cent pricepoints whereas the 1 inch configuration does.

Yea, I too want diversity on the racks. You can even do a 2-col sticker and 1-inch on the top and a small (19 inch) 2-inch and a 1-inch on the bottom. It's a tight fit on the bottom, but it fits if you use the upper set of holes to bolt on the top shelf. But always check this setup before going to the location since the older stands may not fit this on the bottom shelf properly and you may need to drill some new holes on the top of the rail to move the upper shelf up a few inches. As stated before, the "rail" style stand allows for a wing to be added later on - then those second set of holes (on the newer stands) come in real handy since you don't have to unbolt the top shelf to add the wing.

Now if you get the "rail-less" LYPC stands, you can mount both the 2-col sticker and 2-inch on the top and two 1-inch on the bottom. The top machines hang over the sides of the top shelf a little bit, but it is not a problem. The rail-less setup saves the most space and a good choice when space is tight or a "concern" by the location owner. Of course the wing is not an option here. Always pros and cons with any setup.

And just to stir things up....

I never buy chrome stands! They will rust and corrode faster than you realize. 5 years from now you will regret buying chrome stands. I have had 5 rack stands given to me for free from other vendors. Why? Because they were chrome stands and were rusted badly and they wanted to trash them. But I know a guy that does sand blasting and power coating for a reasonable price. So the cost of reconditioning them was still cheaper than buying them new with shipping costs. They are now painted black and look great and will last much longer with the powder coating. Simply put, chrome is over priced and over rated IMHO (and that includes both rack stands and web browsers (ha ha ha). No offense for those with chrome stands (or Microsoft-haters), you may hate me for saying it now but just wait a few years for that silver to turn to orange-brown!

Got a feeling I am about to get warned or banned, but sometimes I can't resist! At least I did not play a top-40 song!

just to clarify, the rack profits is showing will accept a 2 inch and a 1 inch machine on the top shelf without having to add the wing, this size rack doesnt do well with the wing, it will work but it looks lopsided and off center, it also looks like it would fall over, the wings imo are better suited for the 5, 7 and 9 way step stands.

I agree with jax on the 2 column tattoo machine I was just to lazy to mention it, now Ive spent more energy going back and agreeing! lipsrsealed.gif

and yes dont buy chrome stands they will rust for sure, I bought old rusty ones for next to nothing and with some elbow grease and hammered gray paint they look better than new.

and yes dont buy chrome stands they will rust for sure, I bought old rusty ones for next to nothing and with some elbow grease and hammered gray paint they look better than new.

Why don't you just get Hillbilly's kids to scrape off that rust for you? They need something to do in the summer when they are not shoveling snow or raking leaves (see Golpher Hole post)!!! Gotta luv that free labor! From one evil capitalist to another of course.

Why don't you just get Hillbilly's kids to scrape off that rust for you? They need something to do in the summer when they are not shoveling snow or raking leaves (see Golpher Hole post)!!! Gotta luv that free labor! From one evil capitalist to another of course.

good idea! maybe they can teach me how to make moonshine too! grin.gif

just to clarify, the rack profits is showing will accept a 2 inch and a 1 inch machine on the top shelf without having to add the wing, this size rack doesnt do well with the wing, it will work but it looks lopsided and off center, it also looks like it would fall over, the wings imo are better suited for the 5, 7 and 9 way step stands.

Isn't this assuming I'd wing it with a single wing instead of 2? You know from a purely aesthetic standpoint, symmetry is considered much more attractive to the human eye...

Anyway... I'd be curious to know how symmetrical displays do compared to asymmetrical displays. My bet is that symmetry will win every time... and by a larger margin than you'd think.

I agree with ya Profits. Service Vending sets up a few of those lopsided 4 way racks in smaller locations and they do look golpher IMO.

I must admit that a wing on a 4 way does look a bit funny and I would never start out that way. If I want more heads to start with, then I would go with the next size up for another $5 bucks. For me, the wing is an evolution and not an initial plan. Sometimes you want to add just one more head and not disrupt/disturb the location by installing a larger rack or the vendor wants to save some time by just adding a wing. It's convienent to have the wing as an option IMO. But they do cost about $16, so use them wisely.

Archived