Machines to AVOID at all costs!

NorthTXVending

Beaver has top of the line material the only thing plastic on the Beaver is the base.

I hate that about Beaver.

Plastic is plastic...so the plastic body becomes the weakest link in the chain.

But the plastic still ranks lower than the rounded globe on the list of "cons" regarding the Beaver machines.

Round Beaver machines are rock solid machines. I have a bunch of them on my route. I never had had a problem with the plastic bodies. I have had to replace the round globes on a few of the machines that had globes crack. Otherwise, they're excellent machines.

Instead of putting in live displays in the round Beavers, I print out photo displays from JPEG files that I get from my suppliers.

I don't like the plastic bodies either. They do make Square Beaver machines if you don't like the round globes.

Yup.

squareBeaver.jpg

Except, i didn't actually have a choice when I got my beaver machines.

They were obtained via route purchases and all have round globes.

They were already on location, so I just work with them as-is.

I'd put Beaver behind Northwestern, Oak, and A&A in equipment preference, so I'm not looking to invest in the Beavers I have on my route...I'll just replace them with my preferred make/model of equipment if ever one of them needs fixing/replacing.

Not sure why people are fans of eagle. They are cheap copies of oak vistas. Anyone that runs both oak and Eagle or has had both should tell you oak is better.  I cant think of ANY benefits eagle has over oak or newer AA machines. They make a bigger cab back and that's about it. 

I buy them for cheap to use the parts on the Oaks.  The back part of the mech will screw right on an Oak front plate. But yes, the Oak is made better. I throw the plastic panels away.

• Like 1

I buy them for cheap to use the parts on the Oaks.  The back part of the mech will screw right on an Oak front plate. But yes, the Oak is made better. I throw the plastic panels away.

I have bookoo brand new front oak plates for Vista mechs. Is that a part people would be interested in buying? I really need to go thru my sheds and inventory the stuff I will probably never use. One really cool thing I picked up when a big company was going under is a cast template for working on vista mechs. The template has a couple ears with holes so you can bolt it to a workbench. It is recessed so the handle fits down in the template and recessed so the front plate fits in the template so the mech will sit flat for you to work on/replace/install all the back springs, pawls and such. Anyone else have one of these? I think it may be a one of a kind custom casting or it came from Oak.

I have bookoo brand new front oak plates for Vista mechs. Is that a part people would be interested in buying? I really need to go thru my sheds and inventory the stuff I will probably never use. One really cool thing I picked up when a big company was going under is a cast template for working on vista mechs. The template has a couple ears with holes so you can bolt it to a workbench. It is recessed so the handle fits down in the template and recessed so the front plate fits in the template so the mech will sit flat for you to work on/replace/install all the back springs, pawls and such. Anyone else have one of these? I think it may be a one of a kind custom casting or it came from Oak.

Yeah, if the front plates are cheap enough I would be interested in a dozen or so.  I'd like to see a picture of that jig if you could post.

• 6 months later...

Even though I do agree....vendstars are bad..even the locks break..I think they're made of plastic...I have (cross my fingers) have not had any major problems..I like them because product is so easy to change..just remove the canister and there u go..but they are completely inferior to oaks and a&a. I have to say they are not my favorite..(northwestern is) I do own a lot of them..so I have to say some positive things about that!!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever used machines maufactured by Rhino?

Yes, bought 2 used ones from someone *they didnt seem that old.

I have had them for one year and have had to repair the coin mechs on both of them. I also don-t like the vending options, meaning, the graduation of the candies to be vended isnt as precise as other machines which can cut profits.

I really wouldn't hate seeing some company start using QUALITY "plastic",  some kind of polymer to build their machines, QUALITY machines.   Say what you want, but the firearms industry has been making a LARGE movement towards "plastic" framed automatic pistols for decades now and I seen something about an AR-15 lower reciever made of polymer not long ago...... If "plastic" is good enough to handle .45 ACP I think it's more than adequate to use in a vending machine.... Perhaps Oak, Beaver, AA and all the other big time machine manufacturers will make that movement in the future, complete polymer construction with perhaps the exception of the coin mech. Lower cost and will outlast steel 10 times over.     Go ahead and google "Glock torture test" if you believe that "plastic"  can't be tough.    That said, these plastic machines I dream of would have to be made with quality in mind, not the cheap "craftmanship" that is Vendstar machines.

I really wouldn't hate seeing some company start using QUALITY "plastic",  some kind of polymer to build their machines, QUALITY machines.   Say what you want, but the firearms industry has been making a LARGE movement towards "plastic" framed automatic pistols for decades now and I seen something about an AR-15 lower reciever made of polymer not long ago...... If "plastic" is good enough to handle .45 ACP I think it's more than adequate to use in a vending machine.... Perhaps Oak, Beaver, AA and all the other big time machine manufacturers will make that movement in the future, complete polymer construction with perhaps the exception of the coin mech. Lower cost and will outlast steel 10 times over.     Go ahead and google "Glock torture test" if you believe that "plastic"  can't be tough.    That said, these plastic machines I dream of would have to be made with quality in mind, not the cheap "craftmanship" that is Vendstar machines.

Beaver already has plastic lower half that is lined top and bottom with metal. 

I have been using beaver machines for over 10 years and only had one body Crack on me.

I'm not the biggest fan of Beaver machines but my experience has been similar.

Actually, I've had more cracking/breaking issues with Beaver's glass globes than with their plastic bodies.

I'm not the biggest fan of Beaver machines but my experience has been similar.

Actually, I've had more cracking/breaking issues with Beaver's glass globes than with their plastic bodies.

so, which ones do you suggest  sherlock?

so, which ones do you suggest  sherlock?

Here's what I posted earlier in this thread. And I stick by it.

My list of preferences is in no particular order, by the way....

I'd put Beaver behind Northwestern, Oak, and A&A in equipment preference, so I'm not looking to invest in the Beavers I have on my route...I'll just replace them with my preferred make/model of equipment if ever one of them needs fixing/replacing.

My goto machine now is the Oak Vista panel.

PROS

Body and mech is all metal.

Globe has four panels so if one gets broke just slide in new panel instead of replacing globe.

Clear panels can be replaced with opaque panels to block sun.

Panels can be replaced by cab back extension for higher volume locations or to extend service intervals.

Machine is priced well @ $50

CONS

The only thing I dont like is you have to pull body to dump coins unlike a NW60 which you can scoop or cash n dash. Not enough to keep me from buying Oak though.

• Like 1

My goto machine now is the Oak Vista panel.

PROS

Body and mech is all metal.

Globe has four panels so if one gets broke just slide in new panel instead of replacing globe.

Clear panels can be replaced with opaque panels to block sun.

Panels can be replaced by cab back extension for higher volume locations or to extend service intervals.

Machine is priced well @ $50

CONS

The only thing I dont like is you have to pull body to dump coins unlike a NW60 which you can scoop or cash n dash. Not enough to keep me from buying Oak though.

Just so your aware: Oak now has a QUICK COLLECT BASE!!!!!!! The con is it's 12.95! LOL!  I'm interested in the opaque panel though! 

So if you have a rack in an entry way that has the sun on it in the later half of the day, would that keep from ruining the product? I have a location that wants me to put the rack in the breezeway and I didn't think you could do it. Can you without ruining the equipment and product? Just toys and gumballs.