Machine rotates cans when the door opens

57thTom

The Vendo coke machine will rotate continuously dropping cans three at a time when the door is opened. The repair guy said he had never seen that before. He called Vendo and they told him to tweak one of the contacts the last time, and it seemed to work, but the machine started it again today. Has anybody seen that before?

The plate says basic unit V480P and the model is 511CCD.......

You have bad switches on that motor.  When you open and close the door the machine polls all of your motors and any it thinks are not at home will be "homed."  In this case the logic board isn't seeing that motor at home even when the motor is run by the board so the switches are bad.  Not a very experienced or good repair guy if he can't deduce that.  Maybe it's my 32 years of experience that allow me to know what's wrong and your guy is still too green.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need the switches.

PS:  He also got a piss-poor answer from Vendo but that happens how as the manufacturers have retired so many senior techs.  And they work hard to not support any of their older machines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My boss called the repair guy and he showed up acting pissed. He tried to tell me that the reason the motor ran was because 'something was touching it.' he did nothing. Now I shoot a video every time I open the door of the machine. This isn't very good, but you should get the idea.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134058325@N08/31218772844/in/dateposted-public/

I'll get a better video Wednesday.

That's good because that video doesn't show anything about the motor.  From the looks of the underside of the rotors you really need to give this machine a bath.  You've had years of broken, leaking or exploding cans in it and it's a mess.  Your motors and switches may be in the same condition.  I still think you need new motor switches but if the motor brake is gummed up from all this spilled soda you may just want to replace the motor assembly.  I can send you a complete good working motor with switches if needed or just the switches if the motor isn't gummy.  Rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

There's a contract. The contract is about to be reviewed. I would if I could, but I'm not wealthy enough to pay for repairs on my employers equipment.

Nobody here cares and my boss thinks I care too much for the money I'm getting paid....but I can't help it. I want all nine choices with the best seller vending from two columns like the machine was designed to do. 

This machine sold 1,026 cans of soda in December and should be taken care of.

No videos needed.  Empty it, take out the mech, validator and cover any electronics.  Take it outside and hose it out thoroughly.  You're concentrating on the vend motors, the rotors, the columns and the delivery chute and inner cabinet.  You'll probably want to hose out the inside of the door as well so protect the electronics.  The machine is outdoor rated so after you're done then put a couple of fans on it to dry it out for a few days.  Then bring it back in, reassemble it and load it up.  Prime the columns and you're back in business.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, CajunCandy said:

From the looks of everything!

All switches needs changing along with cleaning up brakes with  warm water.

As AZ said

My bosses don't take this problem seriously. Now the next column (4) needs a new sold out switch.

If the machine weren't under contract I would take on this project. Sad to watch such a potentially reliable machine ignored.

Archived