NV-2020 ICT validator help!

19th

Hey all, I'm new to vending / have worked on arcades and pins very amature hobby but a quick learner. I've read to stay away from these combos but this was practically gifted to me so I'm trying to get it running...

So I fire it up and it seems to cycle through init complete.. the changer and the validator make noise. There are no error messages on the coin changer, while the ict bill validator blinks twice in the back showing me an incorrect dip switch error message, and the front LEDs are not lighting. The front screen of the machine cycles and reads coin mech no bill mech no. 

Is there a board that I need to replace? Or is something not connected or properly set? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

MDB, most excellent. See if you can find a used MEI VN2512u3m, or any MEI brand MDB bill acceptor. A Conlux CV1012u5m would be another good choice.

Awesome thank you. Are these sure fire fixes for my issue? Do you think the coin changer has problems going on as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are multiple things that could be going on. You need to explain what the coin mech is or is not doing.  You could have a bad coin mech, bad validator, bad board, bad ground, or a combination. 

There are multiple things that could be going on. You need to explain what the coin mech is or is not doing.  You could have a bad coin mech, bad validator, bad board, bad ground, or a combination. 

I load the coin mech and put it back in and both lights are on indicating it's working with no errors, so I read. I try to put a coin in and it goes straight through to the return.

I don't get any reaction from the touch pad, it only responds in service mode

One major problem is that most of us have little or no experience with those machines.  The problem sounds reminiscent to a door switch problem though.

First, when you say you get no reaction from the touchpad, are you referring to the keypad on the outside? 

Secondly,  assuming the keypad is what you were referring to, have you tried operating everything with the door closed?

Thirdly,  is there a door switch?

In the 'sales' menu, you want to reset bin qty if it is enabled in the setup menu, and do what Chris said.

I've run through the sales setup and manage menus. Reset everything and all.

If pressing cancel several times (as the manual says) doesn't get you into sales mode and you cannot make any press any buttons, and the machine obviously won't take coins or bills, then it sounds very likely that the board is bad.

If pressing cancel several times (as the manual says) doesn't get you into sales mode and you cannot make any press any buttons, and the machine obviously won't take coins or bills, then it sounds very likely that the board is bad.

Is there a way to test the board w a multimeter?

My default for any machine that I am unfamiliar with and is having coin/note problems is basically to start from scratch.

1. Remove the note reader from the equation completely by plugging the coin mech directly into the machine harness/motherboard. If either the harness or mech have both male and female mdb connectors use the male on the mech to the female on the machine. If both have both connections DO NOT connect both sets of plugs/sockets.

2. Turn on machine and check if the coin mech has power and you can make purchases with coins.

3. If you can make purchases <goto 6>

4. If you cannot make purchases check you have prices set in the machine and that all wiring connections are made correctly. [turn off machine and unplug/replug each connector several times to ensure and dirt is not interfering with the connectors.

5. If you have prices set and the coin mech has power, try another mdb coin mech (any other working mdb mech will do)

6. If you can make purchases with coins make several dummy purchases to enter coins into coin tubes and or use the tube fill (load for your machine) to ensure that both the mech and the machine know there is enough change in the mech. [mdb should communicate this from the mech to the machine on startup/reset/door close]

7. Once machine is working with coins, power down the machine again and connect the note reader between the machine harness and the con mech. Coin mech will plug into the short non wrapped plug on the ict, male plug from ict (2 wires in each pin) will plug into machine harness or board.

8. At this point check the 30 pin connector on the ICT is fully home (pulling on the cord can cause one end to lift away and not make contact, yet allow the note reader to have power)

9. Power machine back up and see if it will accept notes (or if it refuses notes, but says 'use exact change', in which case <go back to 6.>)

If still no joy, try to ring someone who works on this brand of machine.

Good luck.

Only if you know what the outputs are supposed to be and you understand digital circuits.  There is nothing on the board itself you can test.

Ah true I guess there are no schematics in this manual.

Do y'all know of replacement boards or would you need a photo of the board?

Is that Bill Acceptor easily swapped with the ones listed above?

If the machine has an MDB mech and validator, you would be money ahead to pull those, scrap the machine, and get something else, or sell the parts. You have this problem now, imagine what it would be like if you had this on location. 

Archived