Route purchase

sweetstop

If all goes well in the next couple weeks I will be the owner of a bulk route with just over 300 machines and about 50 more to locate and add that the the dozen or so I have on route now. all in my neck of the woods, I will live smack dab in the middle of them all spanning about 60 miles south and north of me

Working on the financials with my credit union this week.

Its been in place for about 10 years so most are pretty solid locations, we'll see how each one performs.

Gross is about 40K/yr

Wish me luck!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all goes well in the next couple weeks I will be the owner of a bulk route with just over 300 machines and about 50 more to locate and add that the the dozen or so I have on route now. all in my neck of the woods, I will live smack dab in the middle of them all spanning about 60 miles south and north of me

Its been in place for about 10 years so most are pretty solid locations, we'll see how each one performs.

Gross is about 40K/yr

Wish me luck!

I DO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK, ILL PRAY FOR THE BEST FOR YOU AS WELL, IT SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD WORK

Gross is about 40K/yr

Wish me luck!

Good luck Frank; seems 300 machines placed should do more than 40K/yr. Maybe they need a product update?

They are all triples,

almost all are an older machine called evervend.

similar to the vendstar but have all metal coin mechs

because of his lack of documentation I have got him down to 20K, thats like $57 per machine not accounting for the locations of which 300 are located.

I am sure I will have to pull some when I start but plan on an aggressive placement of as many of the extra ones as I can.

I am nervous as heck but think its a pretty good deal.

Thanks to all

I dont post too often but read just about everything on here so I feel pretty educated. I am not new to the biz but 300 machines is going to be alot different then 30!

I know good labels wont be an issue, haha

They are all triples,

almost all are an older machine called evervend.

similar to the vendstar but have all metal coin mechs

because of his lack of documentation I have got him down to 20K, thats like $57 per machine not accounting for the locations of which 300 are located.

I am sure I will have to pull some when I start but plan on an aggressive placement of as many of the extra ones as I can.

I am nervous as heck but think its a pretty good deal.

Thanks to all

I dont post too often but read just about everything on here so I feel pretty educated. I am not new to the biz but 300 machines is going to be alot different then 30!

I know good labels wont be an issue, haha

Man ur going in head first I wish you luck 20k is alot. I say try to 15k

At one point he was asking over 50K then came down to 30K a talked him down from there.

I think he realized without proper documentation history like tax returns etc. he was asking way to high.

Once I get the go ahead from my CU I am going to try to get him down a little more and basically use the "I need to buy them at face value" because of the lack of history.

The other thing is depending on when I would take it over he is not doing a final collection, which could leave me a potential of a couple grand in the machines.

his dad is doing the route now but cant invest the time thats needed to keep it going.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my financing and getting ready to take the plunge !!

Has anyone used or have a purchase and sales agreement that pertains to bulk vending.

I was curious about the wording etc.

I searched the forum but did not find anything.

Also any advice on the terms prior to purchase?

It has over 300 locs so it not really feasible to visit each one to verify.

Also what about seeing the list of locations and income for each, he has been reluctant until we reach a final deal.

any thoughts?

Frank, when I purchased a large route the only thing I did was check out a couple of location. But the price was right. We kept the paper work simple, X number of machines on X number of locations, for X price. After the purchase a number of things were not as stated by the seller.

Brand of machines, not all were as stated.

Route had not been serviced in years.

Many closed locations.

Lost a percentage because of the lack of service.

Had some that actually throw them away.

But the price was right even with these issues.

Do your due diligence and thing will work out fine.

Wish you the best.

• 2 weeks later...

As a former Business Broker - I would suggest that you include a description of what you are buying in the Purchase Agreement.

That is: A route consisting of some 300 locations (with address of each).

The brand of each machine at each location.

Seller to warrant the ALL machines are in proper operating condition at the time of closing.

Now you will have some teeth for the possibility of a further reduced price for the package.

A "Right of Offset" clause, stating the Seller agrees to reimburse Buyer $XX for each location or machine not in operation.

It would not be unusual for you to require that 1/3 or 1/2 of your purchase money be held in Escrow until all factors above have been proven to your satisfaction.

You would have to give a "reasonable" period for this inspection

CYA!

Good Luck!

wow thats crazy.......300 locations.......thats super awsome but i would be nervous as heck too about purchasing such a big route.........i bought a route of 7 uturns on location and the sales didnt even do 1/3 of what the guy said........i really hope this is not your case..........please keep us updated on if your pulls are on par with the sales he said

You should have a lot of opportunity for growth in many of those 300 accounts. Singles could go to doubles, triples could go to racks, 2" capsule machines could be added to 1" machine locations. 25c Mechs could be changed to 50c mechs.

Good luck and please let us know how it is going once you have a couple of minutes.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived