Gum Industry Finding Itself Stuck

mission vending

That is an ainteresting article, mission. Thanks for sharing.

It would have been nice to see what the three leading manufacturers of gumballs had to say though. Kraft is not a gumball manufacturer. They do chewing gum. Concord, Oak Leaf and Ford was never mentioned. They interviewed someone from Gumballs.com which is a reseller. But I don't expect a reporter to know the difference between gumballs and chewing gum. :rolleyes:

I can see where the article would want to speak to Wrigley, Kraft, etc because full-line vendors use their gum products in their machines.

As far as the section on gumballs is concerned, I agree with Bacho.

They didn't pick the best sources for info on the piece.

Gumball.com?

I would guess very few (if any) professional vendors are using them as their source of gum.

And, American Gumball Machine Company? Really?

I'm sure most of their machine sales are not going to professional vendors either.

Maybe both of those companies and their customers are experiencing a decline in sales for a reason.

Though this article could have used better sources from the vending side (NBVA, A&A, etc.), it's still an interesting article.

My favorite part is when it said "Many gum ball machines aren't even being used for gum balls anymore."

"Williams said that about 45% of the gum ball machines operated by his clients now dispense small toys. Only about 27% dole out gum balls, with the rest stocked with candy and other items."

Go figure. So it's only a diatribe in the gumball (and gum) industry... not the vending industry.

I can see where the article would want to speak to Wrigley, Kraft, etc because full-line vendors use their gum products in their machines.

As far as the section on gumballs is concerned, I agree with Bacho.

They didn't pick the best sources for info on the piece.

Gumball.com?

I would guess very few (if any) professional vendors are using them as their source of gum.

And, American Gumball Machine Company? Really?

I'm sure most of their machine sales are not going to professional vendors either.

Maybe both of those companies and their customers are experiencing a decline in sales for a reason.

Though this article could have used better sources from the vending side (NBVA, A&A, etc.), it's still an interesting article.

This illustrates exactly why the news media is unworthy of our trust.

Very good your learning. Finally..

I thought i knew better. Now im open and am opening up my mind. The reason i wasn't selling GB well before had more to due with the location that the product. I think my dad convinced me not to do GB a while ago because I put one at his work office and people were only eating PMM and almonds, he recommended me to forget about GB. But now Im reevaluating, and Im finding that in pizza, mexican, places with kids, GB can do well. The other times when my GB failed it was because i was using a u turn competing against other gumball machines.

Archived