How would you feel about this situation? And what would you do.

bulkvendingwizard

I hired a locator on 1/17/2012 and paid him 475.00 with the agreement that he would locate 30 locations for me.

The locator stated that he could get 5-7 locations secured each week for me until the 30 were completed.

He sent me thusfar 4 locations that were placeable total.

Last week he sent me 9 locations about 35 minutes from my house. I went to all 9 locations and they stated that either they didn't have room or they told the locator no on the phone.

After contacting him about this he stated that has never happened before and would make things right.

Here it is now 36 days after i paid him the money and still only 4 locations!

The locator agreed to place 5-7 locations a week not 4 locations in 36 days.

I requested a refund and he stated to me that " that was out of the question".

At this point i want to go to my bank and get a dispute going and get my money back because it is obvious that he ripped me off.

What are your thoughts on this.....?

Personally I would talk to him and tell him if he can not produce some real result quick I would like my money back or I am going to file a claim against you. The fact that he sent you to a ton of places that said they did not OK a machine would make me feel weird about the whole deal.

Ive given him multiple chances to try and fix things. I spoke with him last sunday and he apologized and stated he would fix things and get me some locations. here it is thursday and nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with doing bank disputes?

I love how these locators can rip people off.

Im a single parent and that locator new that and he still denied giving me my money back and stated it was out of the question.

Id like to get everyones feedback on this situation.................

Ive given him multiple chances to try and fix things. I spoke with him last sunday and he apologized and stated he would fix things and get me some locations. here it is thursday and nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with doing bank disputes?

I love how these locators can rip people off.

Im a single parent and that locator new that and he still denied giving me my money back and stated it was out of the question.

Id like to get everyones feedback on this situation.................

I am going to ask my boss if I can give you his contact info. He has done his fair share of disputes due to his line of work. He can probably give you some solid advice.

edit: I talked to my boss, hit me up in the live chat or txt me u have my number.

I hired a locator on 1/17/2012 and paid him 475.00 with the agreement that he would locate 30 locations for me.

The locator stated that he could get 5-7 locations secured each week for me until the 30 were completed.

He sent me thusfar 4 locations that were placeable total.

Last week he sent me 9 locations about 35 minutes from my house. I went to all 9 locations and they stated that either they didn't have room or they told the locator no on the phone.

After contacting him about this he stated that has never happened before and would make things right.

Here it is now 36 days after i paid him the money and still only 4 locations!

The locator agreed to place 5-7 locations a week not 4 locations in 36 days.

I requested a refund and he stated to me that " that was out of the question".

At this point i want to go to my bank and get a dispute going and get my money back because it is obvious that he ripped me off.

What are your thoughts on this.....?

I hate to hear about situations like this.

They pop up too often between vendors and locators.

Sad part is that usually the way to fix the problem is relatively easy if people were a little more honorable

In this case, it sounds like the locator made promises to you before accepting your money or while accepting your money on the order.

If he/she didn't live up to those promises -- the proper thing to do is refund your money for any locations he/she didn't get for you.

Frankly, the locator was not very wise to promise you a set number of locations within certain time-frames.

It didn't take me long to learn while self-locating that you can NOT predict how/when you'll score locations.

So much of locating is out of your control...and I'm sure that's true whether you are locating for yourself or for a client.

What a shame.

Im a bit more aggressive than others due to being taken in the past so i may be biased

bank disputes are not to bad to do you have to go inside and sit down at thier desks

but their is time-frame limits you may have already past them

i would go for the money back and you get paid when the job is done. just like any construction or repair work.

25% down and the rest when your done escrow if needed.

I always pay with a credit card.. a real one not the bankcard ones.. a credit card will reverse the charges faster than 3 seconds

bank issued credit cards debit/credit still go thru your banks appeal process.

plus dont use your bank debit/credit for online use. if it is hacked they can drain your accounts and you have to wait weeks for the bank to fix

or if you have a dispute with a purchase the bank will not have your back so to speak.

where if you call a normal credit card company they dispute and you do not owe the amount.

If you go to the bank and its too late

then your going to have to fight it out with the locator

many things you can do is

1: request a refund or placements within 10 business days.

2: Small claims court filing is a pain but worth it.

3: BBB is useless and does not do a thing to help anyone

4: If he fails to do anything go with the next few steps but only if he deserves these actions

5: If its a larger locator with website, business address etc..

www.ripoffreport.com if you post there anyone who uses a search engine aka google

his web site will come up and so will ripoffreport right next to it.

Another way is to send him a cert letter detailing that he owes xx dollars back in services never rendered

with a 30 day pay window..

if he opens or accepts turn it into a credit collection agency... nothing gets things done faster than a collector calling and a tink in the old credit rating.

Plus posting his name and business and location on every forum does help warn others.

but the steps above are last ditch efforts and only used when needed

bill

I agree with Bill about his process suggestion but I normally try and have a leverage conversation with the business first, it's a lot faster if he can be convinced to do the honorable thing. In this case I would make sure to tell him you are a professional in this business with a large network of fellow professionals. Mention this post about the issue and give him the link to it, and that you have been nice enough to not mention his name or his company...yet! Let him know you will be reporting him to the BBB, yes not great but if he is a member he will get a hit against his membership, let him know there are a ton of watchdog sites out there for service based consumers and reporting your experience to all of them is free. Mention you're thinking of writing a free whitepaper on 'how to use locator services' and you will be sure to mention this experience and his company as a 'what not to do'. Bottom line is if I have to waste my time jumping through hoops to get reimbursed for poor service, I am willing to waste a little more of my time destroying their brand and reputation, plus warning others against them. I have had great success in using this technique and have never had to use a CC backcharge or collection agency to make things right.

I am going to talk to this locator via on the phone. He is clamining refund is not an option.... I really dont want the refund i want the locations.

FOR ALL OTHER VENDORS AND FUTURE VENDORS NEVER PAY FOR YOUR LOCATIONS FIRST. ALWAYS USE A POST PAY SERVICE. EVEN THE MOST REPUTIBLE FOURM LOCATORS ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF THESE DAYS AND MOVING ON IE: MIDWEST, BARGIN LOCATORS, AND I COULD NAME A FEW MORE..... JUST SOME FYI DONT EVER PAY FOR YOUR LOCATIONS FIRST. WHAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION WAS A SALE THIS LOCATOR WAS OFFERING BASICALLY 25.00 A LOCATION. DONT PAY FOR YOUR LOCATIONS UP FRONT!

PM ME I KNOW 3 GOOD POST PAY LOCATORS.......................

Im a bit more aggressive than others due to being taken in the past so i may be biased

bank disputes are not to bad to do you have to go inside and sit down at thier desks

but their is time-frame limits you may have already past them

i would go for the money back and you get paid when the job is done. just like any construction or repair work.

25% down and the rest when your done escrow if needed.

I always pay with a credit card.. a real one not the bankcard ones.. a credit card will reverse the charges faster than 3 seconds

bank issued credit cards debit/credit still go thru your banks appeal process.

plus dont use your bank debit/credit for online use. if it is hacked they can drain your accounts and you have to wait weeks for the bank to fix

or if you have a dispute with a purchase the bank will not have your back so to speak.

where if you call a normal credit card company they dispute and you do not owe the amount.

If you go to the bank and its too late

then your going to have to fight it out with the locator

many things you can do is

1: request a refund or placements within 10 business days.

2: Small claims court filing is a pain but worth it.

3: BBB is useless and does not do a thing to help anyone

4: If he fails to do anything go with the next few steps but only if he deserves these actions

5: If its a larger locator with website, business address etc..

www.ripoffreport.com if you post there anyone who uses a search engine aka google

his web site will come up and so will ripoffreport right next to it.

Another way is to send him a cert letter detailing that he owes xx dollars back in services never rendered

with a 30 day pay window..

if he opens or accepts turn it into a credit collection agency... nothing gets things done faster than a collector calling and a tink in the old credit rating.

Plus posting his name and business and location on every forum does help warn others.

but the steps above are last ditch efforts and only used when needed

bill

just wanted to mention this, i do not suport the ripoffreport it is a scam much like the BBB they extort money from

businesses to remove negative ads. They demanded my former employer pay them $200,000 to remove negative

comments and something like $10,000 a month to keep anyone from posting additional comments.

Wizard....can you share the name of this locator? Everyone should probably try to avoid this guy regardless of the outcome. I have been burned over the years by unscrupulous locators and it is frustrating. Now, if I ever use a locator, I will only ask for 3 to 5 locations at a time to reduce my financial risk. Some of these locators are just freelance sales people who get in over their heads thinking it will be easy to find locations. They get your money up front, spend it before getting you all of the locations, then they seem to have a hard time motivating themselves to get the job done without that financial carrot dangling in front of them. Usually the ones who don't give refunds are not hardened criminals but are just broke because they are lousy salesman/businessmen. Therein lies the problem in suing one of these guys.......many times they have no money and no assets so even if you win in small claims you rarely get your money back. There will be a judgement placed on their credit report but odds are their credit is already a disaster so it really doesn't affect them. Good luck getting you $$ back or locations.

Archived