Spring Equinox

will.vend

Ok, so Im watching tv tonight and my daughter comes in and asked me if I have ever seen a broom stand on it's on...of course I have not...not until tonight that is...she took the broom and in the center of the room the broom balanced itself without help.

I googled it and it has to do with the spring equinox and the planets aligning just right. seems kinda creepy to me. try it...

Myth.

Folklore also states you can stand an egg on it's end the same day.

If a broom (or an egg) can stand on the spring equinox, it can stand on any other day too....provided the floor and broom are in the same condition.

The hours of the day don't change the laws of physics and aligning planets have nothing to do with an equinox.

Sorry -- don't mean to burst bubbles.

But, let your kids believe it...it's good to have children believe in all kinds of wonders.

Myth.

If a broom (or an egg) can stand on the spring equinox, it can stand on any other day too....provided the floor and broom are in the same condition.

The hours of the day don't change the laws of physics and aligning planets have nothing to do with an equinox.

But, let your kids believe it...it's good to have children believe in all kinds of wonders.

Sherlock, you beat me to it about the planets. However, I've been balancing brooms during the vernal and autumnal equinoxes since 2009 and have been unable to do so any other time of year.

YMMV ^_^

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Ok, so Im watching tv tonight and my daughter comes in and asked me if I have ever seen a broom stand on it's on...of course I have not...not until tonight that is...she took the broom and in the center of the room the broom balanced itself without help.

I googled it and it has to do with the spring equinox and the planets aligning just right. seems kinda creepy to me. try it...

Well will,vend, maybe these words can help describe it. Bet ya don't remember which "dimension" this one is...

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Well will,vend, maybe these words can help describe it. Bet ya don't remember which "dimension" this one is...

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

5th dimension! i bust this song out at random quite often, and up up and away too. lol

5th dimension! i bust this song out at random quite often, and up up and away too. lol

I played that CD recently while traveling. That song was in my head on a recent trip up north to a stoned soul picnic!

Jax, Mrs c will give you a run for your money when it comes the song lyrics.

Cool. There always seems to be a lyric for many situations in life.

Let's start a fantasy lyrics league!

Myth.

Not so fast there Sherlock. One of my ex-wives used to ride one. :rolleyes:

I played that CD recently while traveling. That song was in my head on a recent trip up north to a stoned soul picnic!

Cool. There always seems to be a lyric for many situations in life.

Let's start a fantasy lyrics league!

omg! that is the best idea EVER!!! i blurt out relevant lyrics during so many conversations, it's ridiculous. unfortunately, sometimes they're so obscure no one even catches them. :huh:

omg! that is the best idea EVER!!! i blurt out relevant lyrics during so many conversations, it's ridiculous. unfortunately, sometimes they're so obscure no one even catches them. :huh:

Well don't be to hard on them if they don't catch on.

All that "Jive Talkin'" must make them "Dazed and Confused"!!!!

But if we did form a league, one ground rule would be that all conversations would have to be in lyrics. But it would be OK to substitute some words to fit the theme as long as the basic lyrics are in tact. For example, you could substitute "troll" for "soul" when singing "Soul Man". Ha Ha (Couldn't resist that one).

What do ya think? "Feelin' Groovy"?

Archived