5th annual TVF cookout

caserri

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doggone it, missed another TVF cookout. Thought it was happening this weekend. Guess I will have to wait until next year.

Wait a minute. You weren't there? Then who brought the goat?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

• 7 months later...

Would that be the famous Cajun dish "Stuffed Gator with Nutra Rat filling" ?

Just fried gator and smother Nutria. No rat, it is clean, just eat grass and such.

Now a Turducky is duck stuffed into a turkey, not quite the same.

How about grilled blue point grabs! MMMMMMM good!

Just fried gator and smother Nutria. No rat, it is clean, just eat grass and such.

Now a Turducky is duck stuffed into a turkey, not quite the same.

How about grilled blue point grabs! MMMMMMM good!

That all sounds good Mike.  Nutrias are actually Brazilian Beavers - some guy tried to start a pelt farm on an island just off shore about a hundred years ago and the Nutrias just swam away. Duh.

We had a similar problem here in California about the same time.  Some Frenchman (not Cajun) decided to start an Escargot farm in the Central Valley and somehow the snails escaped.  Some people say they tunneled out and others will tell you they all rushed the gate one night and overpowered the guards.  At any rate, unleashing a bunch of snails in the Central Valley - which feeds about half the world - went over like a led balloon and the Frenchman ended up taking the midnight train to Georgia.  In the end, the only winners were Snairoll and the possums (who just love snails and slugs by the way).

That all sounds good Mike.  Nutrias are actually Brazilian Beavers - some guy tried to start a pelt farm on an island just off shore about a hundred years ago and the Nutrias just swam away. Duh.

We had a similar problem here in California about the same time.  Some Frenchman (not Cajun) decided to start an Escargot farm in the Central Valley and somehow the snails escaped.  Some people say they tunneled out and others will tell you they all rushed the gate one night and overpowered the guards.  At any rate, unleashing a bunch of snails in the Central Valley - which feeds about half the world - went over like a led balloon and the Frenchman ended up taking the midnight train to Georgia.  In the end, the only winners were Snairoll and the possums (who just love snails and slugs by the way).

Around here its feral hogs but they taste a heck of a lot better then snails or swamp rats on the BBQ.

Around here its feral hogs but they taste a heck of a lot better then snails or swamp rats on the BBQ.

Come on Mission you would love the taste of a nutria. We have our own problem with those smelly pigs, even if they taste good on the pit!

That island is call Avery Island, where I was raised up at, it was the Mc. Ilhenny's who brought those pesky nutria's here to raise for the pelts for the fur trade long time ago, they manage to escape their cages and so begin the great nutria problem we have now. The North burnt down the plantation on the island and raided the salt mine of it salt, but left behind the pepper plants we all know now as Tabasco pepper sauce. My mothers daddy worked the swamps cutting down the cypress trees for the Mc.Ihenny's back in the day long ago!

Enough of the history lesson.

Grilled redfish on the pit is great to!

Dupuy's resturant in Abbeville,LA. has the best seafood.

Wheel Inn has the coldest beer in Lydia,LA. Bar room been open for 55 years.

Heberts in Nunez,LA. has the best steaks!  Don't blink you will miss the whole commity!

mike

That island is call Avery Island, where I was raised up at, it was the Mc. Ilhenny's who brought those pesky nutria's here to raise for the pelts for the fur trade long time ago, they manage to escape their cages and so begin the great nutria problem we have now. The North burnt down the plantation on the island and raided the salt mine of it salt, but left behind the pepper plants we all know now as Tabasco pepper sauce. My mothers daddy worked the swamps cutting down the cypress trees for the Mc.Ihenny's back in the day long ago!

Enough of the history lesson.

Grilled redfish on the pit is great to!

Dupuy's resturant in Abbeville,LA. has the best seafood.

Wheel Inn has the coldest beer in Lydia,LA. Bar room been open for 55 years.

Heberts in Nunez,LA. has the best steaks!  Don't blink you will miss the whole commity!

mike

I always thought it was in the Gulf - now I see how they escaped so easy.

All this talk is great but it doesn't address the question of when and where we are having it this year.

I'm leaning towards the Wheel Inn as I'm a sucker for cold beer

I'm leaning towards the Wheel Inn as I'm a sucker for cold beer

I vote for that spot to!

That way I can get rich off all my friends off this forum!

Chip, Hot Nut on counter, and bulk candy next to my chip machine!

That way I can take all the money shooting pool!

Then everybody can meet all my Cajun friends!

mike

Archived