smart phone apps

will.vend

What kind of apps do you find useful or fun? One app that I really like is called "chomp" it's a texting app that lets you customize the size of the font among other things. I use to have trouble reading my text because the type was so small but not anymore.

I use my radio.com app alot. I like listening to radio, but all the stations around town pretty much suck. I can plug my phone in to the aux jack of my car and play internet radio while I'm driving.

This isnt an app but I use pure-gas.org to find stations that sell no ethanol gas. I have increased my mileage by about 3-4 more miles per gallon. I also noticed if I fill up at half a tank instead of running all the way down it helps mileage too.

This isnt an app but I use pure-gas.org to find stations that sell no ethanol gas. I have increased my mileage by about 3-4 more miles per gallon. I also noticed if I fill up at half a tank instead of running all the way down it helps mileage too.

Ethanol (100%) is about 30% less effective then normal gas, but that is mostly because cars are not optimized for ethanol. But that means 10% ethanol should produce about a 3% reduction in mileage. This also means that you would want to pay at least 3% less per gallon.

Nebraska is big on ethanol, being a big corn state, but all the gas stations here offer both. The ethanol blend is more expensive, so I rarely get it. (One in a while for it's engine cleaning ability, and always durring the winter.)

Back to the apps, I have an iPhone (recent change) and have week calendar, which I have set up to display the week as an agenda, which I prefer. And recently I started using something called Epic Win. It is a to do list, but it has gamified it. You input your own quests, deciding on how many experience points you get, and to what attribute (strength, stamina, intellect, social, and spirit,) to apply the points. I like it, but see it as having so much more potential then they have designed it to have.

And recently I started using something called Epic Win. It is a to do list, but it has gamified it. You input your own quests, deciding on how many experience points you get, and to what attribute (strength, stamina, intellect, social, and spirit,) to apply the points. I like it, but see it as having so much more potential then they have designed it to have.

Sounds like way to much work to enter a todo list. My apps of choice are taskos and inkpad. Android Market all the way, baby! (sorry. watched some golpher vitale this afternoon. gag.)

Forum runner is a better alternative to Tapatalk. Unfortunately it isn't very popular with board owners.

Never heard of it but I'll look into it Bill.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Scratch that. I do remember looking into Forum Runner. They don't have a version compatible with our software. Sorry.:huh:

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Sounds like way to much work to enter a todo list. My apps of choice are taskos and inkpad. Android Market all the way, baby! (sorry. watched some golpher vitale this afternoon. gag.)

I never could get into a todo list until I tried the Epic Win app, and have to admit it did make me start using a todo list. I simply started by putting in just a couple of items here and there, and then kept adding to the list. The fact that I am building up the stats of a Dwarf fightrer at the same time, getting gold, and moving furter down a path makes it a little more fun, and motivating. Problem is that it could offer a little more then it does.

Another thing I repeatedly failed to use was one of those paper day planners. I have purchased, and built my own repeatedly. Switching to the calendar on my phone, and later to Week Calandar, did change that.

I think my biggest weakness was that I really wasn't good at remembering to take the planner with me all the time, but I rarely forget my phone.

I think I will eventually get tired of Epic Win, and hope by then to have built up some habits, and am trying to keep my eyes out for a solution that includes a decent calendar with a linked todo list.

running the gas all the way down is bad for ur fuel injectors

Archived