Locked out of forum for a while

Firetad4

Hey I got this message

Account Limited

This account has exceeded predefined resource usage limits and has been temporarily limited to ensure shared hosting stability. Please contact IPS support for further information.

and was locked out right in the middle of session. What's was this?

Okay, I think I have it down- I can browse 5 topics, and then the site locks me out. I'm not sure exactly how long, but I just got back in. I have no idea why either. Mr. Casseri doesn't seem like the blackmailing type, but I did donate if that's the case. Who knows, who cares! I just want my TVF!

The outages have nothing to do with donations. Unfortunately, we are experiencing heavier than normal traffic from unscrupulous search engines from China. As a result, they are sucking up the sites available resources. We only get so much and once the limit is exceeded, we are temporarily disabled. The resource usage is metered by the hour so each hour the meter resets. If you experience and outage, check back at the top of the hour.

I am working to implement some suggested measures to combat the search engine attacks.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

The outages have nothing to do with donations. Unfortunately, we are experiencing heavier than normal traffic from unscrupulous search engines from China. As a result, they are sucking up the sites available resources. We only get so much and once the limit is exceeded, we are temporarily disabled. The resource usage is metered by the hour so each hour the meter resets. If you experience and outage, check back at the top of the hour.

I am working to implement some suggested measures to combat the search engine attacks.

All kinds of nasty stuff out there on the internet.

Good to know! Thanks for the post Mr. Casseri, and good luck!

I've noticed that we've been using up all of our resources for the hour in about 42 to 48 minutes leaving us locked out for the remainder of the hour. I've implemented some preventative measures to combat this problem.We'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

I am assuming you are updating you robot.txt file and you may or may not be blocking chinese IP's, if not you might think about it, here is some basic info on how to do it if case you need. It also has some info at the bottom for Russian and Nigeria traffic if you ever need it.

Yup. That is what I've done along with a few other things. We will see how that works out for us.

just happened again, 5:15 PM Pacific until 5:25 PM Pacific.....don't know if this info helps or not...

I dont think it does. If you read Caserri's post he already knows what is causing it, but it does not look like its going to be an easy fix.

didn't know if the times it happened helped any.....I will just fade back into my corner now

I'm not too concerned about the times but I would appreciate it if you guys would post here and let me know it happened.

I am trying several things and I'm not sure what will work. If you notice an outage, post it here that way ill know the last thing I tried didn't work.

The last thing I tried was disabling the search function for guests. That was about 11:00am est this morning. Let me know if there have been any outages since then.

Archived