Businesses closing and not contacting you to pick up your machine

onecent@atime

This dealership is the third business this week that is closing or has closed and has not contacted us about picking up our machine luckily they're still in the process of packing everything up and we went ahead and got the missing from them the other 2 businesses we have to pull the registration with the state to send mail directly to the owners listed home address. For those who service more than 60 days out, how often do you run into this ?

It happens, but not as often as one would think considering how volatile the business world can be.

I never blame the business owners/managers, even though it can be a pain in the butt to get machines back.

Unless it's an obvious theft on the part of the location manager/owner (which has never happened to me), I usually just consider their not calling me the result of having a million things to do to tie up the loose ends involved with a business closure.

This happened to me twice two on my route two weeks ago. I have contact info for one place and they have moved but still have my machine for me. The other place the machines are still inside and I have tried calling the owners at home with no luck any one have any suggestions.

It is not as often now as it was 08 to 11. In 09 we were picking up a few per month. My wife is my tracker and she has it down to a science. This one guy would never let us in to get a rack. But we found out that he was trying to sell the ice machine so she called him up and acted like she wanted to buy it. Made an appt and picked up the rack.

It is not as often now as it was 08 to 11. In 09 we were picking up a few per month. My wife is my tracker and she has it down to a science. This one guy would never let us in to get a rack. But we found out that he was trying to sell the ice machine so she called him up and acted like she wanted to buy it. Made an appt and picked up the rack.

A real charmer eh? Glad you got your stuff back H&A.

Get used to it. I have literally pulled up to where a location was and the building was gone. The best one was a new Subway where my old location was! Talked to the guys at the gas station across the street they told me they didnt even know the old place was for sale! A bunch of trucks and an excavator showed up took everything in a day, contractors came preped a foundation and with in TWO Weeks a prefab building came on a truck and bingo a new Subway. We get no resoect lol.

Get used to it. I have literally pulled up to where a location was and the building was gone. The best one was a new Subway where my old location was! Talked to the guys at the gas station across the street they told me they didnt even know the old place was for sale! A bunch of trucks and an excavator showed up took everything in a day, contractors came preped a foundation and with in TWO Weeks a prefab building came on a truck and bingo a new Subway. We get no resoect lol.

guess thats what insurance is for

I like your wife. Ummm, that didn't come out right. I mean I like her way of thinking - glad you got it back!

Archived