Ice Cream Vending

FrCorey

The unit is built by FAST CORP. and they have a really technical operation. The arm uses a vacuum to pick up the ice cream products without damaging them. It's a fun little show for sure.

As for cones, these are typically loaded with Drumsticks (or Champs, for you Blue Bunny People) or those really popular Snickers mini-cones, all of which are prepackaged. Unless it's prepackaged, the machine can't vend it.

They have some serious drawbacks- they are ridiculously expensive for starters, and they need a location that has a consistent demand for ice cream. I see these at hotels and big resorts, but that's about it really. Ask some of the full line guys, they can give you a better idea of what to expect if you try this sort of thing.

Good luck!

The unit is built by FAST CORP. and they have a really technical operation. The arm uses a vacuum to pick up the ice cream products without damaging them. It's a fun little show for sure.

As for cones, these are typically loaded with Drumsticks (or Champs, for you Blue Bunny People) or those really popular Snickers mini-cones, all of which are prepackaged. Unless it's prepackaged, the machine can't vend it.

They have some serious drawbacks- they are ridiculously expensive for starters, and they need a location that has a consistent demand for ice cream. I see these at hotels and big resorts, but that's about it really. Ask some of the full line guys, they can give you a better idea of what to expect if you try this sort of thing.

Good luck!

Got one. The vacuum motor is really strong and the tip is a soft rubber so once it makes contact with packaging it will form a seal, kind of like your hand on a vacuum cleaner nozzle. Just have to load the drumsticks with the tops alternating (facing opposite) so that it remains fairly level.

Got one. The vacuum motor is really strong and the tip is a soft rubber so once it makes contact with packaging it will form a seal, kind of like your hand on a vacuum cleaner nozzle. Just have to load the drumsticks with the tops alternating (facing opposite) so that it remains fairly level.

gentle? yeah, try vending live hamsters.

in a vacuum, no one can hear them scream...

I just saw one at the Marriott we stayed at in Minneapolis last weekend. The kids got some ice cream out of it. Strange how it vends frozen deli goodies like double charbroil hamburgers. There are no microwaves but in the lobby breakfast area. Grab a sandwich and go down 5 floors to cook it. You would think they would have a tiny microwave that would just handle the size of a sandwich. It could easily fit in the huge machine. You could make it so the microwave only operates for up to five minutes after a sale. Don't want those popcorn free riders using up the microwave life cycle. Unless of course you sell popcorn ;)

If you use the idea, just send royalty checks to greatdane@usa.net :)

Greatdane

I just saw one at the Marriott we stayed at in Minneapolis last weekend. The kids got some ice cream out of it. Strange how it vends frozen deli goodies like double charbroil hamburgers. There are no microwaves but in the lobby breakfast area. Grab a sandwich and go down 5 floors to cook it. You would think they would have a tiny microwave that would just handle the size of a sandwich. It could easily fit in the huge machine. You could make it so the microwave only operates for up to five minutes after a sale. Don't want those popcorn free riders using up the microwave life cycle. Unless of course you sell popcorn ;)

If you use the idea, just send royalty checks to greatdane@usa.net :)

Greatdane

With all the great ideas you come up with, it's too bad you aren't a machine manufacturer! You'd revolutionize the whole business!

• 2 years later...

I have a few old mechanical snack machines with a micro on a paid timer  .25 cents for 5 minuets of micro time and it gets used by popcorn people and I have a vac ice cream machine side by side         like I always say if you want your workers to work harder and more efficiently give them the tools they need to do the job SO... if you want people to buy frozen/micro food give them a micro to use... in other words make things easy for people and they will do it more often

• 6 months later...

amen to that I have always used that as my motto: if you want someone to do something make it easy for them to do it I also have an ice cream machine and the same micro set up you have and I am shocked everytime I empty the quarters from the micro part it is just like the old saying if you build it they will come if you provide it they will use it       I guess great minds think alike

amen to that I have always used that as my motto: if you want someone to do something make it easy for them to do it I also have an ice cream machine and the same micro set up you have and I am shocked everytime I empty the quarters from the micro part it is just like the old saying if you build it they will come if you provide it they will use it       I guess great minds think alike

Just you just AMEN to your own post from March?  Do you realize it was you?

Archived