What Would You Do With $8,000

marzvending

metalcraftindustries.net but must buy 100 to get a good price and shipping rate.

btw, 8K can buy you 114 singles with stands & gum if you work for it, forget the rest there is no immediate future in it, maybe in a couple of years but the trend for rack vending is not good right now, independent retail with traffic is becoming too scarce to build a solid route.

metalcraftindustries.net but must buy 100 to get a good price and shipping rate.

btw, 8K can buy you 114 singles with stands & gum if you work for it, forget the rest there is no immediate future in it, maybe in a couple of years but the trend for rack vending is not good right now, independent retail with traffic is becoming too scarce to build a solid route.

I agree with musser newbies should not start out with racks buy single machines (not triples) and build your route, those same singles can be added to racks later if you stick with it.

footnote: I say buy singles and not triples, if you have already bought triples then let it be a lesson learned, in the future buy singles.

I agree with musser newbies should not start out with racks buy single machines (not triples) and build your route, those same singles can be added to racks later if you stick with it.

footnote: I say buy singles and not triples, if you have already bought triples then let it be a lesson learned, in the future buy singles.

What would you vend from these singles?

I'm about to buy my first machines.

I did start with triples because that Is what I mostly saw walking around. After I found what I could by singles and do singles and doubles that is what I am doing now. In my area there are not a lot of racks so I do have a bit of a chance with them in the future not rushing out unless I have a spot locked up but keeping an eye open where to place one.

I like the idea of doubles one head with 850ct gumballs and another with a 1"mix maybe something cheap like some self vend 1" from A&A.

27mm bouncy balls. Top Notch Toys sells a good mix for less than $10 a bag for 250. Add your 50 cent mech to the Bouncy Ball head, then profit. You will be hard-pressed to find a more consistently profitable toy than bouncy balls. Good luck!

Do you really need to move to 50 cents for BB? At $.04 per it seems like you could gross more by keeping it at 25 cents.

I'd like to hear people's experiences who've tried both $.25 and $.50.

Do you really need to move to 50 cents for BB? At $.04 per it seems like you could gross more by keeping it at 25 cents.

I have! ;D Here's how it works as originally told to me by one of the veterans of vending around here (I think it was either Hillbilly or Will.Vend, but don't quote me on that). A 25 cent bouncy ball sells more balls, but a 50 cent bouncy ball machine makes more money. I didn't believe him/them until I tried it. You make money either way, but with one you are making much more money. Bouncy Balls, unlike candy/gum never go bad, so selling out "before it spoils" isn't an issue.

I have a a couple 25 cent bouncy ball machines where it undercuts another 50 cent bouncy ball machine. But, where I can, I go up to 50 because I want that extra 25 cents. They pay it- I didn't think they would but they did and still do.

If you want to sell bouncy balls for a quarter, there isn't anything wrong with that, but I'd encourage you to try it both ways- find out which one you prefer. Good luck!

I have! ;D Here's how it works as originally told to me by one of the veterans of vending around here (I think it was either Hillbilly or Will.Vend, but don't quote me on that). A 25 cent bouncy ball sells more balls, but a 50 cent bouncy ball machine makes more money. I didn't believe him/them until I tried it. You make money either way, but with one you are making much more money. Bouncy Balls, unlike candy/gum never go bad, so selling out "before it spoils" isn't an issue.

I have a a couple 25 cent bouncy ball machines where it undercuts another 50 cent bouncy ball machine. But, where I can, I go up to 50 because I want that extra 25 cents. They pay it- I didn't think they would but they did and still do.

If you want to sell bouncy balls for a quarter, there isn't anything wrong with that, but I'd encourage you to try it both ways- find out which one you prefer. Good luck!

bb's (27mm or 32mm) do not sell well for me at either price point in a traditional style vending machine. Now, I can use a shootin hoops or sportyball or any other interactive style machine and they do great at 50 cents.

I think you need to experiment with each location to see what works there. Obviously if there not selling at 50 cents you need to drop the price point. Like you said at either price point the profit margin is good.

Archived