Soda Machine Geniuses "Please Help" This Is Weird*****

marzvending

ok i have a vendo single price soda machine it has 8 selections and it placed at a business well i have a friend who works there and he texted me saying my machine was vending 2 drinks at the same time today, OK fine, well as i was servicing the machine i noticed that when i filled the seventh selection with drinks (the one that was vending 2 at a time) and i put a dollar into the bill mech or 75 cents it vends the soda but also if i were to press any of the other selections it would vend another 3 drinks for free. ok i so emptied the seventh selection and tried to vend a soda well everything works fine it doesn't vend 3 extra free drinks, its only when i fill that selection up is when its vending 4 drinks for 75 cents... i noticed this when i filled the seventh selection up and put a dollar in, then i pressed the 7 selection, a drink came out plus my change which was a quarter well i wanted to see if 2 drinks were coming out like they said so i put another dollar (to check it again) in and the bill mechanism wouldn't take the dollar. so i was thinking why?? that's when i pressed a selection and it vended me a free coke i pressed different selection it also vended my a free coke i then pressed another selection it also gave me free a soda, i pressed it again an nothing it stopped and that's when the bill mechanism accepted another dollar?? its like the seventh column selection is set up to 25 cents cause its giving me 3 free drinks the coin mechanism is supposedly set up right, i have 123456 on the coin mech 1234 are switched up the 56 are pressed down... but its only when the seventh selection is filled that it will vend 3 free cokes after the 1st purchase, if the seventh selection column is empty everything works perfectly fine? so right now the seventh selection is empty of course but im really confused on what it could be. has anyone had this problem before, what do you think it may be?? please help!!!

A single price machine is a very basic unit and there is not a whole lot to go wrong with them. That being said when you have a strange problem like this it usually doesn't make sense. I am leaning towards a bad switch on the motor causing feedback into the mech/vend relay. You could try spraying the switches on that motor with WD40 in case there is moisture in the switches but I don't think this will really do much but....The other way would be to swap the switches from motor 7 to another motor like 5 and see if 7 works correctly and 6 causes you issues. A sticky vend relay usually causes multivend issues in a single price machine but it is usually not selection dependent so I think we could rule that out for now.

If 2 or more cans are dispensed with one press of a button then the brake on that motor is the problem.

If it vends a can and fails to cancel the credit the switch on that motor is bad.

You may have both problems at the same time.

Walta

• 6 months later...

If 2 or more cans are dispensed with one press of a button then the brake on that motor is the problem.

If it vends a can and fails to cancel the credit the switch on that motor is bad.

No walta, right now i have the selection empty, because if i were to fill it for some odd reason when the latch goes down to tell the machine the selection is full the machine will vend 2 cokes but with 2 presses... they wont come out at the same time...i could put a dollar in press any selection itll vend a soda, well it wont take another dollar cause the machine wants to vend a free one i dont know why...so i press any selection to vend then it will vend a free one....when that certain selection is empty everything works fine...i dont think its the switches like technvend said cause when that selection is full it will vend anything a free soda i dont have to specifically press that selection...right now the selection thats messing things up is diet coke...when the diet coke is full i can put a dollar vend a sprite and it wont take another dollar cause i could vend a another free soda.. when the diet coke is empty everything works fine...in other words i dont have to first press diet coke to vend a free soda...when the machine knows it has diet coke it some how wants to vend a free coke no matter what

Walta

Walta

What Walta said.

A single price machine is a very basic unit and there is not a whole lot to go wrong with them. That being said when you have a strange problem like this it usually doesn't make sense. I am leaning towards a bad switch on the motor causing feedback into the mech/vend relay. You could try spraying the switches on that motor with WD40 in case there is moisture in the switches but I don't think this will really do much but....The other way would be to swap the switches from motor 7 to another motor like 5 and see if 7 works correctly and 6 causes you issues. A sticky vend relay usually causes multivend issues in a single price machine but it is usually not selection dependent so I think we could rule that out for now.

Thanks Technivend i sprayed the switches with wd40 today and everything worked perfect no extra vends...i tested it like 4-6 yimes and not one single time did it give a free vend..my question should i leave it like that or should i replace the switch?? Thanks

I think you destroyed every switch you oiled and will need to each and every one of them in the end.

The oil will dry out and gum up inside your switches.

The only thing WD40 is good for is cleaning plastic.

Walta

Archived