full line locators

spdydre

Ok so in my quest to hit some serious goals this year I have decided to try out a locator or two to add as an additional weapon to my current locating I do to pick up some extra business. I had a sales guy I was working with but he quit last year due to the area being too saturated. Anyone with full line locator experience post it in here so I can get feedback. So far I have one locator I am working with so I will post that experience and see what happens. Thanks

Ok so in my quest to hit some serious goals this year I have decided to try out a locator or two to add as an additional weapon to my current locating I do to pick up some extra business. I had a sales guy I was working with but he quit last year due to the area being too saturated. Anyone with full line locator experience post it in here so I can get feedback. So far I have one locator I am working with so I will post that experience and see what happens. Thanks

I tried a couple of locators here in So Cal a couple of years ago - I've since dumped those accounts as the locations were marginal at best. The respected locator around here is Blue Moose and I believe they're also in Kentucky and Ohio. The only other one I know of is RJT and he's in North Carolina.

Good Luck

I tried a couple of locators here in So Cal a couple of years ago - I've since dumped those accounts as the locations were marginal at best. The respected locator around here is Blue Moose and I believe they're also in Kentucky and Ohio. The only other one I know of is RJT and he's in North Carolina.

Good Luck

RJT is not a locator, he will teach YOU how to locate.

Yes RJT told me he does not locate. I do not think Blue Moose does smaller accounts for a smaller vendor like myself I do not remember. So far I contacted american locators but he has since disconnected his phone number. I talked to Chad Edwards from the board and had a good conversation with him about a month ago and sent him some leads also but since I have not heard back since on any updates. So far I have gotten two new accounts this past month myself but still a bit behind of my monthly goal! I did contact space city locators he has a ten account minimum at $300 per account so he would need 3k upfront to fly to Houston and locate for me. I told him I would get back to him I am not ready to spend that kind of money for a locator+machines that would need to be set up.

i talked to chad as well nice guy but never got back to me either.

i just placed two new snack machines today, your best locator is YOU, i solicit all my accounts after hours and schedule follow ups slow and steady work but it pays off.

Well due to the city being so spread out I utilize the internet all day and send emails to do my locating or call potential locations I see when I am driving around. Just got another location today a refinery but I will have to take a look at it. Seems promising. The only reason I am using a locator is to get an extra location or two a month

Well due to the city being so spread out I utilize the internet all day and send emails to do my locating or call potential locations I see when I am driving around. Just got another location today a refinery but I will have to take a look at it. Seems promising. The only reason I am using a locator is to get an extra location or two a month

i cover about 50mi service area , i do most stuff over the phone if i can help it, or i will drop off a pamphlet after hours and follow up with a phone call the next day. If someone asks why you are calling the DM its much easier to get through by saying you are "calling to follow up on a business proposition"

I dont really do the pamphlet thing untl I find a cheap way to do printouts. I have binders with all my information in them and pictures but those cost too much to make hundreds of those haha. I just use those specifically for appointments I have. I also have large and small flyers I can drop off but those have not worked to well. good job on placing two machines in one day! As far as the location I got today it is not in the best area so I decided against it. I did hear back from Chad today no updates on locations yet though

I dont really do the pamphlet thing untl I find a cheap way to do printouts. I have binders with all my information in them and pictures but those cost too much to make hundreds of those haha. I just use those specifically for appointments I have. I also have large and small flyers I can drop off but those have not worked to well. good job on placing two machines in one day! As far as the location I got today it is not in the best area so I decided against it. I did hear back from Chad today no updates on locations yet though

i use office depot, cost me 30 c a piece for my pamphlets, double sided trifold but i fold myself, doesnt look perfect but looks good.

What do you mean you drop them off after hours?

i mean if you work 9-5 , pitch places that are open odd hours like laundromats , hotels , etc... and drop the pamphlets off when u can,after work. owner may not be there but leave it for them with the maanger or who ever can accept sales material for the owner. then during biz hours call to follow up, make sure to note who you spoke to. the other thing you can do if u get the owner or GM's name, send a fedex to them with ur sales material. then call to follow up on the package you sent them. just say " i sent him a fedex the other day with some important info, i need to follow up" they will put you through. dont mention vending just use your name

dont try to close them over the phone just try to get an appointment with them

Yes you get the best results when you locate on your own I am just using them as an extra weapon to grow a bit faster. I actually had a good in person locator here in town but he quit because he said the city had become too saturated so he was retiring. He knew every location that just about every vendor had in the city and had been locationg since the 80's.

It must be hard to be a locator. Just do it yourself it is hard and sometimes a bit impossible but when u do secure a place it feels great to know you saved $400. That's a single price machine right there. The hardest part for me is I'm lazy when it comes to locating. I'll have a full day and go for an hour. The other problem is getting the decision maker to hear you out.

But seriously they are just people.

Just see it as your doing then a favor. If they say no just think to urself sucks for you.

Yes RJT told me he does not locate. I do not think Blue Moose does smaller accounts for a smaller vendor like myself I do not remember. So far I contacted american locators but he has since disconnected his phone number. I talked to Chad Edwards from the board and had a good conversation with him about a month ago and sent him some leads also but since I have not heard back since on any updates. So far I have gotten two new accounts this past month myself but still a bit behind of my monthly goal! I did contact space city locators he has a ten account minimum at $300 per account so he would need 3k upfront to fly to Houston and locate for me. I told him I would get back to him I am not ready to spend that kind of money for a locator+machines that would need to be set up.

At Blue Moose we also say we do not locate, we are a Vending Management Group. In saying that we do get a lot of business that would fit for the small to medium size vending businesses. We don't advertise simply because there is such a need we would be swamped. But if you are in Southern California, have full size machines (not just drink machines) you may want to get on our eblast list. We send a email list out weekly describing what is available. If you are interested you give us a call and we go from there working with you. But you must call first. Our number is 909-583-9068. LA County to Palm Springs to San Diego.

It is difficult but like anything you just need to know what your vending company is wanting to do, where they want to do it and what they can offer the accounts. Then you get to work trying to pull all of the pieces together. We do some Houston work from time to time. Since we don't have anyone on foot in Houston it would all need to be lots of research stuff and cold contact.

What area do you work in and are you all cans? I notice you have coffee listed, is it office coffee or machine.

Archived