Snack/soda vending machines

Billy121168

I am thinking of buying Futura Snack/soda combo machines.Does anyone have any comments about that brand.I have spent the last 8 hours reading all the comments on all types of vending machines, as well as all of the other great advice and ideas.Thank you.I havent seen one pertaining to this one machine.Other than capacity which seems good compared to others in this class what specifically would stop you from purchasing.

A quick search of the domain registration yielded:

Registrant:

Outlook Management Services, LLC

8040 University Blvd.

Des Moines, IA 50325

US

Domain Name: EVENDING.COM

That is also the headquarters address of the Wittern Group manufacturer of USI, FSI, Perfect Break Systems and a few other brands. As a manufacturer of equipment they are not bad, as others have said the Chevy of equipment manufacturers. This is a new model I am not familiar with so I have no opinion on it other than in general combos are not recommended by experienced vendors. New ones even more so due to the cost and long ROI.

They are selling on the site for 3625/each. Costco is selling for 4000/each. I can get them for 2000/each on used vending.com. Should I consider for the price. I am starting a new company.I had done vending about ten years ago with 10 mechanical snack/soda combos.I did good for what i was looking for and enjoyed it alot.I learned and did everything myself.great experience. I am 44 and will be retiring at 48.I would like to do vending part time/full time. These machines I am looking at seem to fit my needs but haven't found any comments bad or good.I know I am small potatos compared to people here,but am willing to take any advice,ideas or tips to improve on my future endeavor.

They are selling on the site for 3625/each. Costco is selling for 4000/each. I can get them for 2000/each on used vending.com. Should I consider for the price. I am starting a new company.I had done vending about ten years ago with 10 mechanical snack/soda combos.I did good for what i was looking for and enjoyed it alot.I learned and did everything myself.great experience. I am 44 and will be retiring at 48.I would like to do vending part time/full time. These machines I am looking at seem to fit my needs but haven't found any comments bad or good.I know I am small potatos compared to people here,but am willing to take any advice,ideas or tips to improve on my future endeavor.

The reason we don't like combo machines is that they require too many service trips to make any money. Obviously they won't hold as much product as the full size machines most of us use and therefore can't produce as much income.

You'd be very lucky to get any combo machine to gross $300 per month ($150 net). Even at the $2,000 price level you mentioned, that's a pretty weak ROI.

For that same $2,000 you can easily get a very nice soda machine (multi-priced) and a full size snack machine, service them half as often and make twice as much.

Combo machines are best suited for satellite locations where you have larger machines elsewhere on the property.

Check your local Craigslist for machines and run them by us first since you've been out of the loop for awhile

Thanks for the respose and advice moondog.I will take under advisement.I am now somewhat conflicted as to what to do.

Billy,

We've got a guy around here trying to sell that exact same machine on Craigslist - he's been at it for about a year. He started at $2,000 and last I checked he was down to $800 OBO, which should give you a pretty good idea how popular that model is.

Here's the lineup you need to focus on; Soda Machines (multipriced) Dixie, Royal and Vendo; Sack Machines, AP, AMS and National. These are the ones the pros use and they often cost about the same used as the lower end brands.

Thanks for the respose and advice moondog.I will take under advisement.I am now somewhat conflicted as to what to do.

My first suggestion is to decide what you want out vending. Are you looking to build a business or will it be more of a hobby that happens to make a few bucks? If it is to build a business then combos are certainly not the way to go. To help explain why, read the cost to service thread pinned at the top of this section. If you are sure that this will remain a hobby and are looking for something to do that makes a few bucks then combos are something to consider (I am not recommending this), and not at that price.

Thank you moondog and mission vending for taking the time to comment.I understand what u are saying.At this time undecided which way to go.I would however at least like to hear or read more about the machine I had looked at.Again I do hear and read what the suggestions are, I will continue to scan and read throughout this site to gain more info and knowledge to help guide me in the process.Thanks again all info and tips appreciated.

I have two of these machines in service. They are perfect machines for the locations. Neither place can fit a full sized machine. So size was the determining factor in using the Futura combo. I have had each machine for 1 1/2 years. They work well. They snack slots are not adjustable, thus limiting the package size of each snack selection. I like the high capacity can drawer and I double up on some of the other soda selections for the volume.

With that being said... The ROI stinks. If I had to do it all over again, I would pass on these locations. These accounts are just not worth the time. Fortunately, my other accounts pick up the slack to help pay for these machines.

Good machines, too expensive and limited sales.

Good luck with your venture!

Anyone reading this I have been encourage to not go with combo machines.Please list machines you have, locations and how many people at those locations.Then an estimate of what u are making a week ,and month.I am trying to get an Idea if I change up and buy Full size what kind of locations and # of people at those locations I need.Any other info,details or tips in regard to this request would be helpful and appreciated.

Anyone reading this I have been encourage to not go with combo machines.Please list machines you have, locations and how many people at those locations.Then an estimate of what u are making a week ,and month.I am trying to get an Idea if I change up and buy Full size what kind of locations and # of people at those locations I need.Any other info,details or tips in regard to this request would be helpful and appreciated.

Billy,

I focus on accounts that gross between $500 and $1,000 per month and generally have 50 to 80 people there. I service them every other week and prefer secure locations. These are called "hamburger accounts" as they're reasonably profitable but fall just below the radar of the larger vendors.

For machines I prefer the Royal Merlin IV 768 soda and the AP7600 or 113 snack machines. All of these machines are rock solid and VE (Vendors Exchange) is now offering the Revision Door for the AP machines which includes a vend sensor and an upgraded control board capable of adding a credit card reader and Dex. The Merlin already has a vend sensor.

In addition, I am gradually moving to two standard bill acceptors and coin mechs so I can have a spare with me if one goes bad (saves a trip and extra downtime). I prefer the Mei VN2511 and VN2512 bill acceptors (120v and 34v repectively) as well as the Mei TRC 6000 and 6152 coin mechs.

Congratulations on deciding against combos - there are numerous threads on this forum where people bought them first and then asked questions.

Archived