Plastic bumper things

dapoopta

Where can you buy something like that? And also, with the bill validators, how often do you clean those and do you use a certain brand of cleaners or is something like this acceptable : http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Vending-Machine-Bill-Acceptor-Bill-Validator-Cleaning-Cards-/281013622715?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D150933382184%26ps%3D54

i use the bill cleaners about once a month or more depending on the traffic at the location, idk if they really

do anything, ive heard some people say they can be detrimental to the validator

i ONLY USE THEM ON MY DOLLAR CHANGERS,ALL THE OTHERS COINCO AND MARS i DON'T CLEAN WITH THOSE.

JOHN

Bill validator cleaning cards have been around for 20+ years and 90% of vendors don't use them. I ran 300 machines and never used cleaning cards. My experience was that the validators when new would run 5+ years before needing any repairs and then you just repaired them as needed. This is something that was useful in the bill transports of bill changers that got a ton of use. Those methods of bill validation aren't around much anymore. The cleaning cards are one of those things that make some people feel better about their machines as a personal preference but don't really need to be used. I'm not aware of any large regional firms using them and Coinco and Mars will tell you they don't help.

Bill validator cleaning cards have been around for 20+ years and 90% of vendors don't use them. I ran 300 machines and never used cleaning cards. My experience was that the validators when new would run 5+ years before needing any repairs and then you just repaired them as needed. This is something that was useful in the bill transports of bill changers that got a ton of use. Those methods of bill validation aren't around much anymore. The cleaning cards are one of those things that make some people feel better about their machines as a personal preference but don't really need to be used. I'm not aware of any large regional firms using them and Coinco and Mars will tell you they don't help.

Yep,

I bought a box of those back when I first got started. I found, through trial and error, that you're better off popping open the sensor section and cleaning it manually with alcohol and a soft rag when the BA gets balky. To me, the cleaning cards are just a placebo.

Archived