Chicken craze finally hits Georgia...

will.vend

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have decided to invest in the "All American Chicken" 

I will report my true earnings after my first months collections. 

Looking forward to your earnings report, will.vend.  As well as Billnuts and others.

I am not anti-Chicken.  But I am skeptical about the numbers as well as sustaining those numbers after the novelty wears off.  So I guess I am from Missouri on this one, in other words, "Show Me".

Someone else once said this even better. "Trust but verify", Ronald Reagan (when dealing with the Soviets).

Oh  no, I hope I didn't stir things up with the pro-chicken crowd and the unions!

• 2 weeks later...

well I got my first chicken machine located today. I will report my earnings in a month. but I would like to thank all of those that made this possible. first I would like to thank the egg if it werent for the egg then well you know...next I would like to thank the chicken (I was torn on who to thank first but I believe the egg came first) the chicken is equally as important though! 

I would like to thank all my sponsors... nos energy drink, pigs (I love pork) as much or more than chicken! shhhh! UGA and their poultry science department (keep sending the hot chicks for field trips) and last but not least the Rooster! Thanks for banging the chicken and making more eggs!

what the heck is a hen?

do they really slam racks?

Maybe that's what they have done to me before.  I've had them put those golpher 5 way's with Victors in accounts that I've had nearly full of machines.  I thought they just had an excellent salesman.  No, them golphers slammed on me!

I would like to thank all my sponsors... nos energy drink, pigs (I love pork) as much or more than chicken! shhhh! UGA and their poultry science department (keep sending the hot chicks for field trips) and last but not least the Rooster! Thanks for banging the chicken and making more eggs!

what the heck is a hen?

Don't forget the Buffalo Chicken!

• 1 month later...

I have had my chickens out for about 6 weeks now and this past week was a full month on 2 of them. I am very pleased with the results and will say that they both collected just under 300.00 each for a month. In both locations none of my other equipment had a decline in sales. I will buy more chickens from Frank and appreciate all the support both he and his staff have provided.

I have had my chickens out for about 6 weeks now and this past week was a full month on 2 of them. I am very pleased with the results and will say that they both collected just under 300.00 each for a month. In both locations none of my other equipment had a decline in sales. I will buy more chickens from Frank and appreciate all the support both he and his staff have provided.

Great job will I'm glad to hear how well you are doing with the chickens. In GA with the near outlaw of redemption and cranes its important to be able to offer other types of machines. Locations are hungry for machines beyond regular bulk racks and I'm confident that you can use chickens as a wedge to earn more accounts ESP accounts that may have lost cranes in the recent past. We have found that sales have improved over time as kids get used to the chicken. Kids just are not used to seeing it so as they adapt they become repete customers. "No loss of sales on the other machines". How powerful is that statement?

"No loss of sales on the other machines". How powerful is that statement?

Haha sound like a pastor over there Have lol. But Nice Numbers and glad it's going so good for ya.

Whats this, yet another respected member posting positive results with the chicken. Got 8 more coming next week, all already located and if meeting goes well tomorrow gonna need more.

First, congrats on locating so many of these. I have a question on how you expand. I have just been doing cash advances on credit cards but you ordering 8 is like $15k plus freight right? How do you grow so fast, do you just have good cash reserves or do you finance though SBA or something?

Not all debt is bad. Nothing wrong with debt as long as you use it to create wealth. Debt to pay for things that will never create income for you is bad.

Debt is a bad road. Avoid it as much as you can.

I do agree with you. Unfortunately for me I had limited funds so it was either debt. or no route. I have done cash advances. It costs me around $75 to put out a bulk machine filled on location plus my finance charges. I have been getting them paid of in usually 90 days, sometimes less. So far I have built a route of 84 locations and about 2/3 is paid for so its working for me.

Not all debt is bad. Nothing wrong with debt as long as you use it to create wealth. Debt to pay for things that will never create income for you is bad.

great comment! I am debt free and try to stay that way. I like Dave Ramsey but imo you have to be more flexible than he teachs. Debt is basically what keeps the economy turning. Manage your money wisely and you will succeed in anything!

All debt is bad. We are not out of debt but have not added any new debt in a long time. If we cant pay cash we don't buy it. Like it of not if you are carrying notes on equipment that gets booted things will get tight in a hurry. I would advise everyone to grow as your cash flow allows. Just my 2 cents.

Mike

I respect your opinion Mike but have to disagree. Saying "all" debt is bad is a bit extreme.

Other than my mortgage, I am completely debt free but not by choice. I am forced to live debt free because of bad decisions I made in the past. I would not recommend living a debt free life to anyone. It is a quite miserable and sometimes frightening existence.

My point is, debt is usually not what is bad. The decisions one makes with that debt is what could be bad. People shouldn't blame debt for their bad decisions. I don't. I blame me.

I look forward to living a life with debt again one day. I know that my decisions about how I use it will be drastically different.

All debt is bad. We are not out of debt but have not added any new debt in a long time. If we cant pay cash we don't buy it. Like it of not if you are carrying notes on equipment that gets booted things will get tight in a hurry. I would advise everyone to grow as your cash flow allows. Just my 2 cents.

Mike

I agree with Steve it's not the debt it's way it is used . If all business owners took the no debt approach you would be hard pressed to find a gas station, fast food place, Chinese buffet all of these places are owned by business men and almost all of them built with debt. With no debt private and business we would be a third world country. Is there bad debt of course there is. When I was 21 living like a millionaire that was all bad debt my father had to bail me out to the tune of about 70 grand and I paid him back every cent and learned some great life lesions.

My point is, debt it usually not what is bad. The decisions one makes with that debt is what could be bad.

This is why many vendors stress the importance of a short ROI when purchasing the AAC or any other equipment via financing.

The truth is, even favorable financing terms eventually come due.

The equipment HAS to be paid off.

If the machine isn't paying for itself every month, or earning it's total purchase price by the end of your financing terms, you had better be prepared for that.

Just to toy with a quote from one of my favorite movies, Goodfellas:

Lost the equipment in a fire?

"F-you, pay me".

Got the equipment kicked out of a gravy spot and can't relocate it right away?

"F-you, pay me".

The machine got stolen?

"F-you, pay me".

Having trouble getting the machine out from a locked building?

"F-you, pay me".

B)

I agree with Steve it's not the debt it's way it is used . If all business owners took the no debt approach you would be hard pressed to find a gas station, fast food place, Chinese buffet all of these places are owned by business men and almost all of them built with debt. With no debt private and business we would be a third world country.

I agree 100%. Debt is essential to nearly every business.

However, bulk/amusement vending is one of the few businesses an owner can actually build up slowly in order to create a full-time income without incurring debt.

That benefit is very useful...and it's wise for most owners to follow.

Gas stations, fast food places, and Chinese buffets are incapable of building a piece at a time, so debt is unavoidable if that's the business you wish to pursue.

Coincidentally, half of those businesses fail....many in the first year.

Why? Finances.

Thankfully, bulk vendors are not forced into the tricky minefield of debt (thank God) if they choose to build step-by-step.

Judging by some of the ROI's that some owners are experiencing on their vending route, for them financing/debt would be a TERRIBLE decision.

Archived