Trying to break into the business and I have a million questions. How do I go about getting my first spots to put the machines in? Does anyone have a stardardized contract I could edit and use once I reach and agreement with a business? Whats the best place to get machines from? When I'm starting out with a couple machines should I just get my drinks/snacks from costco/sams club? Any other suggestions you throw my way would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting out in the birmingham area. Just looking for advice from those who have been there before. 

Thanks for any advice

Trying to break into the business and I have a million questions. How do I go about getting my first spots to put the machines in? Does anyone have a stardardized contract I could edit and use once I reach and agreement with a business? Whats the best place to get machines from? When I'm starting out with a couple machines should I just get my drinks/snacks from costco/sams club? Any other suggestions you throw my way would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting out in the birmingham area. Just looking for advice from those who have been there before. 

Thanks for any advice

Start with a good soda machine in an auto body shop or something similar that has at least ten employees - soda vending is very simple as you only have ten products max and most of them will have a ten month shelf life.  You'll find your best deals on Craigs List - I prefer Royals but Dixies are good too,  Vendo if you must.  Don't consider anything else.  I buy my sodas at Costco.

To do snacks profitably you'd need to have at least five machines running for proper product distribution - chips will often only have a two month shelf life.  This can be an expensive transition unless you buy somebody's route with several snack machines placed.  I buy half my snacks at Sam's and the rest from independent distributors. 

Your best bet right now is to read the Full Line forum all the way back.  This is the most complete coverage of Full Line vending you'll find anywhere.  Another good source is RJT's book which is available in ebook form.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about contracts.  Those are more commonly used for very large accounts and aren't very effective anyway in my view.

I would recommend contacting The Vending Center thevendingcenter.com they are very helpful parts, equipment, and advice plus their in Birmingham, Alabama. Sams is the way to go on drinks or snacks. As for as account contact people in your area with 30-50 employes and as for chips yes they have a two month shelf life buy multipacks this will help you with just one or two machines.

Archived