Moral?

orsd

Do you consider it right to get sales figure from a competitors machine to determine if an account is worth going after?

How would you get the sales figures from a competitor's machine?  You'd have to break in access the control board.

If it's a commission account and the location tells you what the numbers are then you'll get the same treatment down the road if you secure the account.

It's a coke owned machine in a supermarket

They never change the code for the secret menu

The code is 4231, but you have to get to the mode button on the control board to access it.

So is it right?

I can't see why not but my experience with several super market accounts was not good - the only machine that really did well was out front and got vandalized once a month

I was able to do the same thing with the bottle machine in break room at work, was able to see what each individual slot sold in sales. I thought it was strange the machine let me get there. It is a Coke machine.

The machines have to have a configuration code set properly for external meter reading.  Coke does this so the driver can inventory the machine without opening it.

The machines have to have a configuration code set properly for external meter reading.  Coke does this so the driver can inventory the machine without opening it.

I have done this many times before and I dont really see a problem with it. I also wouldn't be offended if it was used against me on my machines if I forgot to disable the external menu(cone in the con area). The difference between me and the other vendors in my area is I treat all accounts the same, big or small, by giving them great service and fast response time. The only difference between a small account and big for us is the equipment in it.

Archived