Fresh-O-Matic 3 selection drink machine

Found someone local selling (3) Fresh-O-Matic drink machines.  They are for cans, 3 selections only countertop models.  No bill validator, change only.  $250 each.  Is that a decent price for used older machines like these?

Found someone local selling (3) Fresh-O-Matic drink machines.  They are for cans, 3 selections only countertop models.  No bill validator, change only.  $250 each.  Is that a decent price for used older machines like these?

I can't speak to the availability of machines in your area,  but that seems extraordinarily high for such a limited use machine.  Even at a more reasonable price, I can't see how you would make much money with these.

Around here you can find single price machines that take bills and will hold 400 cans with 8 selections in the $400 range.  The multipriced machines start at $600.  

While they do cost bit more but you can make a lot more profit with far fewer service trips.

An additional issue would be the availability of parts for these older machines.

I have never heard of a Fresh-O-Matic machine before.  When I did a search for that I only found a company out of Canada that is a biz-op outfit selling Seaga machines under the Fresh-O-Matic name.  I have never seen a 3 selection Seaga machine so I have no idea where it's from, but I'd bet it's made in China with no tech or parts support.  Seaga is a company to stay away from as they build sub-standard machines that they offer paltry tech and parts support for and any foreign made machine is a red flag as well.  Please don't pay even $50 for something that has never been seen on the market before.  Spend your money on good used American made machines please.

Below is a photo, he says they're 9 years old and are in good working order.attachicon.gifFresh o Matic.jpg

Looks like a serpentine vend machine.  The first thing to go will be one of the door ejector mechanisms - they're always made out of plastic.

I can't see why you'd want to buy something like this,

OMG!!!! This is another of the Coinco CT48 machines that have been spoken about on this forum in the last 2 days!  They are 20+ years old and there are no parts for them.  I can't believe some fly-by-night outfit is trying to pass them off as "9 years old."  Okay....I can believe it.  It's like these machines are Cicadas coming out of the ground every 17 years.

OP:  run away from this!

PS:  I wouldn't buy any machine from someone who takes a photo of a machine they want to sell that isn't in location-ready condition.  It still has tape stuck to it and it looks like they wiped it off with a filthy rag.  On top of that it's sitting on the floor in the corner behind the door like an afterthought.  It should at least be displayed on a countertop where it will actually sit when working.

OMG!!!! This is another of the Coinco CT48 machines that have been spoken about on this forum in the last 2 days!  They are 20+ years old and there are no parts for them.  I can't believe some fly-by-night outfit is trying to pass them off as "9 years old."  Okay....I can believe it.  It's like these machines are Cicadas coming out of the ground every 17 years.

There have been more discussions about the CT48 in the last couple weeks than I have seen since I've been a member here. Did we go through some kind of time warp?

Archived