It Has Begun! 5 hour energy

I have been waiting for this day for months

I knew this day would come eventually

I don't understand that people invest in the vending business models... without doing such simple MATH!!

The whole business is full of get rich quick scams.

5 hour energy drink machines   the stand alones are appearing on craigslist USED  now..

craigslist ad in Michigan

5 Hour vending Machines - $2000

I have six 5 hour vending machines. Each machine holds 120 shots and you set pricing on machine. It is a stand alone or can be mounted on a wall. Machines come with 7 cases of product and are 2000.00 dollars each. Please call 23192070xx for more info and pics. Will deliver machines within 200 miles.

Ok  I did a quick search of sams club  5 hour energy   

5 hour energy  wholesale  $37.00- $40.00 for 24 bottles.. machine holds 120 bottles.

that's  $1.54 each wholesale to $2.00 a bottle wholesale

$3.00 for 1  or 2 bottles  for $5.00 is the standard vend from these machines

figure standard commission of 25% for the spot     

$3.00 per bottle     $.75 to the house... $1.54 =  $2.29    

your take = $,71 cents  minus gas and expenditures

2 for  $5.00         $3.08 cost...     25% commission..  $1.25   = $4.33 cost       you make  $ .67 cents.. minus gas.. expenditures

you make less selling two bottles..    the only ones making anything is the location and 5 hour energy

I see them for less than $300 soon...

And people falling for a get rich quick scam yet again.. 

poor guy invested $15,000- $20,000 in five hour energy machines..

bill

Yeah I have seen them for as little as $500 - $700 in my area. Same thing deterred me. They are neat and I do believe they will sell, but low profit margin and in Maryland anything more than .25 requires a sticker that I believe costs $50.

Same example with the royal vendors red bull machines, neat fad but no profit margin.

I have been waiting for this day for months

I knew this day would come eventually

I don't understand that people invest in the vending business models... without doing such simple MATH!!

The whole business is full of get rich quick scams.

5 hour energy drink machines   the stand alones are appearing on craigslist USED  now..

craigslist ad in Michigan

5 Hour vending Machines - $2000

I have six 5 hour vending machines. Each machine holds 120 shots and you set pricing on machine. It is a stand alone or can be mounted on a wall. Machines come with 7 cases of product and are 2000.00 dollars each. Please call 23192070xx for more info and pics. Will deliver machines within 200 miles.

Ok  I did a quick search of sams club  5 hour energy   

5 hour energy  wholesale  $37.00- $40.00 for 24 bottles.. machine holds 120 bottles.

that's  $1.54 each wholesale to $2.00 a bottle wholesale

$3.00 for 1  or 2 bottles  for $5.00 is the standard vend from these machines

figure standard commission of 25% for the spot     

$3.00 per bottle     $.75 to the house... $1.54 =  $2.29    

your take = $,71 cents  minus gas and expenditures

2 for  $5.00         $3.08 cost...     25% commission..  $1.25   = $4.33 cost       you make  $ .67 cents.. minus gas.. expenditures

you make less selling two bottles..    the only ones making anything is the location and 5 hour energy

I see them for less than $300 soon...

And people falling for a get rich quick scam yet again.. 

poor guy invested $15,000- $20,000 in five hour energy machines..

bill

And to top it off,  5 hour energy is starting to go the way of Redbull - straight to oblivion.  There are a lot of people out there right now that are retrofitting their Redbulls machines so they can use them for something as nobody's buying Redbull anymore.

• 1 month later...

I thought it would be cool to vend energy shots from my Savamco machine, so I did all the work to get 'em to vend well. They just don't move. First, I tried the Costco Energy Shot, and I still have almost  a case of them. The feedback I got was that they didn't taste great and didn't provide enough energy. So, I got the 5 hour shots and I maybe sell 2-3 per month. Definitely one of those things that seemed like a natural fit for vending and just didn't materialize for me.

Reading this thread the only thing that would make sense is to use it to curry the favor of customers at a location. My company sometimes puts coffee vending machines at a location and, even though it generates only $20 per service and you have to clean them every time, the customers are happier with them. However, we never place just a coffee machine without also placing a water filtration system, snack machine, soda machine, office coffee service, or some combination thereof. Car dealerships and other locations with high energy workers or those who need to work long hours sometimes request these kinds of products (5 hour energy) and it's really difficult to get them to vend in a normal AP snack machine. Overall though, I agree with everyone else that they won't profit much as a standalone machine.

• 2 years later...

I bought one of these 5 hour energy machines on eBay for $200. Putting it on the wall at my work where I just installed a snack and soda machine. For only $200 I guess it was worth the risk. I'll let you guys know how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Biz-Op bites the dust I see. I saw a couple 5 hour machines for sale on CL recently under similar conditions- "Works great, get rich quick, but I'm too busy, etc./etc." so it's only just begun. Always sad to see some people got suckered into bad deals, but not much any of us can do about that now. I assume these things will be just as valuable as those mini-pringle machines from a few years ago- with nothing that really fits that's profitable, they'll all probably wind up in some scrap yard... granted there's enough metal in them to warrant a trip to the scrapper to begin with.

Might make a good boat anchor too. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2013 at 10:46 PM, Uv77mc said:

I thought it would be cool to vend energy shots from my Savamco machine, so I did all the work to get 'em to vend well. They just don't move. First, I tried the Costco Energy Shot, and I still have almost  a case of them. The feedback I got was that they didn't taste great and didn't provide enough energy. So, I got the 5 hour shots and I maybe sell 2-3 per month. Definitely one of those things that seemed like a natural fit for vending and just didn't materialize for me.

I don't know if you'll see this It's been a long time since your last post. How did you get the energy shots to vend properly in your Savamco machine? My staff loves them but I can't seem to get them to vend properly. I have a snackshop 6000.

Archived