Slow Sales in July

newheart53

Has anybody else seen a real noticeable drop in sales this month?

I had to renew my tax stamps so spent 900.00 and went on my route to service and affix stamps, only to find out that my sales went from 300. to 400 all the way down to 140. the first week and 400. down to 160. this week. Really nervous about collecting next week, but have to get those darn stamps affixed by end of month.

Yes Ok. requires tax stamps for bulk machines at 5.00 for single mech. .25 or 15 bucks for multi head .50 plus machines.

Can only service about 15 machines a day for one day a week.

I know this is the "bulk" section but the need for stamps is throwing me off....are you referring to bulk equipment or amusement/redemption?

Do you require tax stamps in OK for bulk?

Many states and locals require tax stickers on bulk so I get that. The weekly thing is I think that he breaks it down to service a few a week.

Has anybody else seen a real noticeable drop in sales this month?

Its kinda funny this is my busiest time of the year but the big increase is in drinks. My snack sales actually historically have dropped a little in the summer. I guess people tend not to eat as much when they are hot, I know that I don't eat lunch very often in the summer.

Yes Ok. requires tax stamps for bulk machines at 5.00 for single mech. .25 or 15 bucks for multi head .50 plus machines.

Many states and locals require tax stickers on bulk so I get that.

Good to know....but, sad....darn regulations!

My July is down a bit so far.  I just finished my mid month collection (I break my route into north mid month and south end of the month) and it seems lack luster for summer.  My biggest client just went through an ownership change and name change so their sales have been off.  

Its kinda funny this is my busiest time of the year but the big increase is in drinks. My snack sales actually historically have dropped a little in the summer. I guess people tend not to eat as much when they are hot, I know that I don't eat lunch very often in the summer.

In my second full year of full line vending I have notice it, as you mission, snacks dropped off and drinks increased a bunch. I'm also starting to have my cold drink machines freezing up the evap. core as in low in freon due to a leak, only two so far.

Yep,  my soda sales are up 50% over this time last year and double what they were three months ago.  I did add a couple of machines to the warehouse areas of existing accounts but otherwise I haven't grown much.

Snacks always drop off in the summer but they sure help to offset that drop in soda sales come winter.

Moondog,

We experience exactly the same here, huge drink sales in summer and and the opposite in winter. Although this year everyone I know in vending including other states and all forms of vending are suffering badly theres a real slow down in the economy here and all machines are experiencing a downturn in sales.

Moondog,

We experience exactly the same here, huge drink sales in summer and and the opposite in winter. Although this year everyone I know in vending including other states and all forms of vending are suffering badly theres a real slow down in the economy here and all machines are experiencing a downturn in sales.

I got a number of locations that I have monthly sales records for 12-15years. When comparing year to year numbers I felt the worst effects of the recession in 09 and 10 since then its been a slow climb back and some are still not back to their prerecession numbers.

Archived