Oak and A & A Compatibility?

bulkjake

Do the Oak 1" toy heads work properly with the A & A 1" metal bases and the A & A .50 cent coin mechanisms (newer style mechanisms/heavy duty)? The A & A bases do not seem to line up properly with the Oak heads. The heads will sit on top and they do vend however, the brushes/gears just don't seem to mesh well. I ran several quarters through and it was vending... And I tried 4 different heads with 4 different bases and 3 different brand new .50 cent coin mechs...

No they don't interchange well.

Oak hoppers are to tight on AA body

The AA hd coin mech doesn't work on any oak bodies or most of the AA bodies that are more than 10 years old without grinding .

Oak has a new coin sweep that eliminates the pile up in their .50 mechs and it works well.

A&A machines are usually about 15% less expensive than the quality Oak and Northwestern machines which they copied. We'd gotten caught in the "savings" when we initially begun vending 1/1/1985, and we purchased from them a wide variety of small, bulk venders, and a number of the A&A copies of the NW80s. Over-all, we've regretted every cent that we spent on A&A machines. We've learned that for the money, the Oak Vista Cabinet machine is the best versatile small bulk vender and that it is the least damaged of all small bulk venders due to it's design. The A&A copies of the NW80s, proved to be a poor investment as not only it the lid more cheaply made, the panels are thinner, engineering is less, and the heart of the machine (the coin mechanism) is not long lasting as that of the Northwestern 80. We'd purchased 30 of those poor quality A&A 2' Capsule Venders, and within less than 2 years their A&A coin mechanisms started falling apart; since, we've replaced all of their junk mechanisms with the long lasting, quality Northwestern 80 mechanisms. ... If we had just known the differences in buying quality from the start, we'd saved ourselves from much grief, and saved a lot of money in the long haul!

We've not totally quit buying from A&A, as "it is foolish to cut your nose off to spite your face", but we do not buy their machines, nor their parts. There's not much that we like about A&A, except for their wider variety of superballs. Even then, Cardinal and Rhode Island Novelty, and occasionally Blue Bar, are our first "go to" companies. For machines, our choice is the Oak Vista Cabinet for bulk venders, the Northwestern 80 for 2' Capsule and 49mm superball vending, and the Northwestern 80 Sticker / Temp. Tattoo Machine for our Flat Vending.

I have AA machines that we have had since day one and still work and make money every day. Folks knock AA for not building in the us but in the 80s when you bought your first AA was making much more of their parts here state side. I'm a big fan of the pm supreme and the newer mech. The base is heavy and thick plastic panels are durable. The only issue I ever had with an AA mech I had replaced with a new one. Now don't get me wrong AA is not perfect their shipping dept could use some work. The Advance sticker machine is the best out there. It is built like a tank. AA has upset me in the past but if there in going to be innovation in our industry they will play a big part of it. The other companies are not being creative to bring new things

if there in going to be innovation in our industry they will play a big part of it. The other companies are not being creative to bring new things

what?! everything they build is a copy of someone elses work

All I was really saying is that even though they have built copies over the years. But they have been willing to invest over the years and IMO is the only company strong enough to adapt to our future growth for standard bulk and the changing environment we have. Who is stronger than AA as a bulk supplier?

All I was really saying is that even though they have built copies over the years. But they have been willing to invest over the years and IMO is the only company strong enough to adapt to our future growth for standard bulk and the changing environment we have. Who is stronger than AA as a bulk supplier?

I agree. I have been very impressed with their sticker machines as well as their 2 inch. Likewise they are constantly investing money into new toy products/bulk supplies to keep our industry fresh! There employee's are of the nicest I have talked to as well. Can't say that for Oak as I have talked to the rudest and laziest employee at Oak over the phone. Which lost Oak 1,000.00 of equipment and !! 1000.00 order.

Who else is able to invest in newer stuff ESP once we get back to electronic bulk

Who did they copy for

Spin center

The EBV

Zipper

Northwestern

Beaver, Wizard, Okmfg, and many others

Jan Olofsson, unidynamics, Rowe intl, Northestern, Oak, and many others

BTW, The A&A sticker machine was bought from Advance, which was Don Lempke, a very nice guy and real inovator.

I am not knocking everything A&A but give credit where credit is due.

Northwestern

Beaver, Wizard, Okmfg, and many others

Jan Olofsson, unidynamics, Rowe intl, Northestern, Oak, and many others

BTW, The A&A sticker machine was bought from Advance, which was Don Lempke, a very nice guy and real inovator.

I am not knocking everything A&A but give credit where credit is due.

I bought advance machines from don about 6 years back when his non compete with AA expired. He used oaks warehouse to distribute.

I just don't feel those companies are as strong as u do. Primarily because they mostly build machines and one has a route. People are not buying machines like they used to and that hurts the income of those companies and their future. Beaver is only open 4 days a week now Is that a sign of a strong company?

I bought advance machines from don about 6 years back when his non compete with AA expired. He used oaks warehouse to distribute.

I just don't feel those companies are as strong as u do. Primarily because they mostly build machines and one has a route. People are not buying machines like they used to and that hurts the income of those companies and their future. Beaver is only open 4 days a week now Is that a sign of a strong company?

Not to get off topic but Beaver is closed Till sometime in August for "annual summer shut down" That is annoying..

That's kind of ironic since you have an A&A machine in your avatar.

True, and I have a bunch of A&As on my route as well as Eagles and Oak 450s. They're not bad machines but I prefer Oak because of the reasons I stated and I think they are better quality for the price paid.

I have aa machines both 2 inch and 1 inch that have been on location for over 10 years with normal wear and tear. I like oak but would most likely not buy them because I can have machines from aa added to my bulk order and save on shipping because of pallet.

But back to op question...older aa 1 inch machines were interchangeable with oak with no problem. But about 5 years or so ago aa changed whoever was making their machines and the specs have been off ever since. I have used a

dremel more times than I want to on newer aa 1 inch machines.

Aa accepts this with never really acknowledging there is a problem.

I have aa machines both 2 inch and 1 inch that have been on location for over 10 years with normal wear and tear. I like oak but would most likely not buy them because I can have machines from aa added to my bulk order and save on shipping because of pallet.

But back to op question...older aa 1 inch machines were interchangeable with oak with no problem. But about 5 years or so ago aa changed whoever was making their machines and the specs have been off ever since. I have used a

dremel more times than I want to on newer aa 1 inch machines.

Aa accepts this with never really acknowledging there is a problem.

They may have made new molds back then and the molds may be off some.

what?! everything they build is a copy of someone elses work

No they didn't copy the Advance sticker machine or Komet or Victor.  They just bought the companies.

No they didn't copy the Advance sticker machine or Komet or Victor.  They just bought the companies.

You are correct. And it is a good thing that they did because they have all the parts for these machines. had A&A not bought them the parts would be unavailable.

• 3 weeks later...

This machine is offered for $100 in my area...

I'm starting to weed out my U-turns for these types of machines...

thoughts?

01010_cOfucM0DD2R_600x450.jpg

I probably should have mentioned it's listed as a vintage Oak candy/nut machine... no model number or specs...

Archived