A&A Stands

Big Mike

A&A stands come in 24" and 30". Wendi & I like the 24"

Pros

1) Very sturdy. Base,Pipe,and Flange screw together tight.

2) Finish. You can buy what is called silver vein. It is a black and sliver hammered finish. Very tough!  Dust does not show.

3) Base. There are 4 small bumps on the bottom of the stand that are under the finish. This keeps the base off the floor. ZERO change of a rust ring.

Cons

1) Price? 36.00 last time I checked.

2) When you get them they have an oily film all over them. No biggie just have to rub them down with a shop towel.

Mike

I had no idea there were 24" and 30" stands.  I have a bunch of stands from A&A.  When I ordered, I just said stand without a size.  I am gonna check.  I think I have 30".  They are very sturdy though.  And mine are silver vein.

Mike, do you have any Northwestern stands? I have some and they seem to be very similar to the A & A stands you're describing (except for the silver vein) so I was wondering if you had both what the differences are.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks Big Mike, I just bought a handful of the 24" A&A stands to try out and was worried about how they will perform, your critique above makes me feel a lot more confident in my purchase till they get here and I can see for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my AA stands and I have to say they are great. Seems heavier than the normal stands I get, the bottom plate has skid feet, and the couplings are solid and tight. Best of all they were cheaper, new, than the ones I used to get new.

I just got my AA stands and I have to say they are great. Seems heavier than the normal stands I get, the bottom plate has skid feet, and the couplings are solid and tight. Best of all they were cheaper, new, than the ones I used to get new.

they come with 6 plastic inserts...4 are for the feet and 2 of them go on the back of the uprights. I never put the 2 in the uprights, I save them for when they are needed on the feet. after a while they will push up into the base and either be un level or scratch up the floor.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

only complaint with the racks I just got from A&A is that I would appreciate the hardware in a more sturdy bag so it does not get torn open and hardware every where and missing pieces

It's amazing to me that you post this today.

I just received a shipment from A&A.

Included in the shipment were a couple of rack stands.

These are my first from A&A as I usually buy my rack stands through someone else.

Anyway, as I moved one box containing the rack stand I heard the hardware rolling and banging around loose inside the box.

I thought "what the...".

So I move the 2nd rack stand box and get the same racket.

I decided to wait until daylight tomorrow to open the boxes as I'm guessing I'll wind up with hardware all over the shop when I open the darned things.

Reading your post...I'm sure I'm a victim of those crappy hardware bags, too.

they come with 6 plastic inserts...4 are for the feet and 2 of them go on the back of the uprights. I never put the 2 in the uprights, I save them for when they are needed on the feet. after a while they will push up into the base and either be un level or scratch up the floor.

Andy, Do you remove them to put a new one in (if so how please) or do you just push in farther with the new one?

Andy, Do you remove them to put a new one in (if so how please) or do you just push in farther with the new one?

I dont remove them I just use a flatblade screwdriver and push them deeper, then the new one pops right in place.

Archived