DILEMA with crane 945 coffee machine-not a problem!

chris in bc

I have a coffee machine 945 lose ground-new machine. Works great! It is very quiet -except to a few people in this lunch room. The blower fan which feeds air to the mixing bowls makes a normal sound-which is too loud for a few people. The customer has asked  that I install a switch to shut off the fan during lunch breaks. Any suggestions?

No, because that is the exhaust fan that pulls moisture off the top of the mixing bowls so that the steam from the vends won't clog the canister spouts.  Check your screen on the exhaust fan to see if it might be clogged already.  If not, you might ask Crane for a warranty fan motor, but if you think it sounds normal, then there is nothing you can do.  It has to always be running.  Are they running seances during the lunch hour?

If the customer were to place a power bar with an on/off switch behind the machine and shut it off for 15-25 minutes max during there morning meeting-do you think there would be a problem?

For a few minutes probably not a problem.......but....... I will guarantee you that if its something that the customers will have to "remember" to do that it won't get done and that will cause you problems with the machine and they will blame you when the machine malfunctions

Remember these machines are not designed to be turned off and on daily

I agree with Mission, you will get complaints of the mach not working, not to mention the lost sales when it stays off and gets cold - just turning it back on won't instantly heat the water. In addition, a power strip can cause its own problems like tripping when the 1500 watt heater comes on.

We sold a food machine to the vendor that that installed it in Coin Co head quarters lunch room.

He was losing loads of food every week. I came out and read the power loss time and date from the machines memory. I ask what is happening every Tuesday at 9:00 AM. The answer is that when we have a big meeting in the lunch room.

Of course they unplugged it but without the evidence no one would admit.

I think you should take another look at the fan normally the fan would be so quiet no one would be complaining.

Walta

It was a cold food not frozen. Once likely suspects understood the machine monitored and recorded power outages and it was clearly someone there doing it the problem went away.

Walta

Archived