Old pepsi machine wont vend

Hey guys i got 2 older machines :Dncb 276m/162-6 pe2369 is the model number for one and i can't read the other one but they're pretty similar. Is there a way to test vend these types of machines? I can't seem to figure it out or find a button to do it. I've tried putting money in the machines to test it as well and i'm not getting anything for both machines. Any help is greatly appreciated. Both are single price machines

The only way to test vend a single price machine is to hold down a sold out paddle, put money in and press that selection button.  If you don't have 10-15 coins in each coin tube, or the nickle tube at least, you won't be able to test the bill validator.   You can also remove the motor cover and lift the short motor switch arm out of a motor cam which should start one vend cycle of that motor.  You can repeat for all the motors to ensure they run and don't coast past their stopping point.  Keep in mind though, that this won't test the coin mech or validator.

Hey guys i got 2 older machines :Dncb 276m/162-6 pe2369 is the model number for one and i can't read the other one but they're pretty similar. Is there a way to test vend these types of machines? I can't seem to figure it out or find a button to do it. I've tried putting money in the machines to test it as well and i'm not getting anything for both machines. Any help is greatly appreciated. Both are single price machines

Do you have product in the machine?

John

The only way to test vend a single price machine is to hold down a sold out paddle, put money in and press that selection button. If you don't have 10-15 coins in each coin tube, or the nickle tube at least, you won't be able to test the bill validator. You can also remove the motor cover and lift the short motor switch arm out of a motor cam which should start one vend cycle of that motor. You can repeat for all the motors to ensure they run and don't coast past their stopping point. Keep in mind though, that this won't test the coin mech or validator.

Coin mech and validator work fine. I just can't seem to get any of them to rotate. I'll try removing the motor cover and try it that way and let you know

Do you have product in the machine?

John

No i just pushed down the levera so the machine thinks there's product in it

There could be a single item causing the whole machine to not work but some troubleshooting must be performed to find it.  Does the machine take money and then not vend at all?  Do you then have to turn the machine off and on for it to accept money again?  Do you hear the credit relay set the credit?  Does it hold the credit and reject further money or does the machine take money endlessly with nothing else happening? 

The one motor not working on the other machine could be a loose connection, bad select or motor switch, a broken wire or simply a bad motor. 

That is old. Don't know the names for the parts so bare with me.  ;D The motor switch is activated by pushing the black lever towards the cam. What you want to look for is wobble in the cam. Pull out on the green cam and see if it is loose. then follow the rod down to where it connects (there are 3 holes and one screw) pull on it and see if it is loose. If either are loose it will get missed align and jam. I have seen these worn out on a few occasions. My fix was to get some super glue and put on the shaft.

When loading these machines make sure on double column to start cans on top of bar and stagger them as you fill it. It takes about 6 cans to get to the soldout paddle. If you don't it will jam on first vend and then you will have to unload the entire column and start over.

The best way to test any single price vendor is with a cheater cord. You will eliminate the coin mech right from the start.

AZ posted a diagram the other day on how to make one. #1 tool when working with single price machines.

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/f82b2b5f8fe737f385256bbf00699a4a/4be027be4de9623885256bcd0057343b/$FILE/tb203.pdf

There could be a single item causing the whole machine to not work but some troubleshooting must be performed to find it. Does the machine take money and then not vend at all? Do you then have to turn the machine off and on for it to accept money again? Do you hear the credit relay set the credit? Does it hold the credit and reject further money or does the machine take money endlessly with nothing else happening?

The one motor not working on the other machine could be a loose connection, bad select or motor switch, a broken wire or simply a bad motor.

It keeps taking the money without anything else happening. And on the other machine it's making the noise like it's rotating but the circle piece doesn't rotate

It keeps taking the money without anything else happening. And on the other machine it's making the noise like it's rotating but the circle piece doesn't rotate

Your picture is of a Vendo... Not D/N 

The one taking money and nothing happening is it the D/N? If so first look for a jammed column. Look for the cluster switch in the valley on one of the columns. If there isn't any many times when people pull the motor cover off they will pinch wires under motors and short one. Or not unplug vendor and and hit one of the switches with the cover putting it back on shorting the cluster switch. 

Try to take a picture of that one. Especially of the motors cams and wiring at the bottom. 

The one with the pic as I mentioned above in the other post.

If what my finger's on is what you are referring to then none of them worked.

That is the proper lever to manually start a vend in one of those columns.  You might also have to hold down the sold out paddle when pressing that lever.  If you can't start any motor that way whether you are holding down a sold out paddle or not, then you have no voltage to the motors.  This is most likely a bad harness connection.  Follow the harnesses as they leave the motor area and look for a 2 wire connector at the bottom of the cabinet.  There is a 110V connection from the main machine harness into the motor harness.  Also follow the harnesses into the door and make sure they are all connected all the way to the coin mech and selection panel area. 

I'm going to say here, just for the record, that this is a Vendo lowering shelf machine and no vendor should ever have any of them.  They are too old and will be nothing but trouble.  The problems they have are in the vend mechanism and it begins with one can in one position not dropping properly.  There is no good adjustments that will solve the problem because the vend mechanisms are so worn out that if you make an adjustment to the mechanism it will move the problem to the other side of the column.  Vending problems in these machines mean you will end up leaving a column empty due to the trouble it causes.

The only Vendos worth buying must have rotors in the bottoms of all the columns.  My advice is to walk away from any that don't have all rotors.  You will be much happier.

This is a pic of the machine that's not doing anything.

Looks to be a vendo 280.......... Very septiable to power surges like a can jam........ When this happens the motor switches will overheat and loose their spring........ Remove the switches from left to right and see if you hear them click.......... If you find 1 that doesn't click replace them all. They all have been damaged and will fail one right after the other. Today tomorrow or next week. It will drive you crazy.  

There could be a single item causing the whole machine to not work but some troubleshooting must be performed to find it. Does the machine take money and then not vend at all? Do you then have to turn the machine off and on for it to accept money again? Do you hear the credit relay set the credit? Does it hold the credit and reject further money or does the machine take money endlessly with nothing else happening?

Okay so i've gotten the machine with one not rotating fixed as i just switched a part from another machine so they all rotate now. Now it's just taking the money and not dispensing anything or trying to. What's the problem now? Lol

Tongue in cheek, I'm going to say the problem is they are old Vendos.  This is the machine in which none of the motors would run before?  What did you change on it that fixed it?  The problem now could be a coin mech, vend relay, open circuit in the selection panel, bad motor switch, etc. 

Tongue in cheek, I'm going to say the problem is they are old Vendos. This is the machine in which none of the motors would run before? What did you change on it that fixed it? The problem now could be a coin mech, vend relay, open circuit in the selection panel, bad motor switch, etc.

No this is the dixie narco that only one motor didn't work. Coin mech and validator work fine. Just once i put the money in and make my selection nothing else happens

Are you able to then put more money in and start the process again? Or do you have to either unplug the coin mech or unplug the machine to cancel the credit before the machine will again accept money and not vend?  Do you hear or feel the credit relay set the credit and then hold the credit, or if you watch the relay at the moment you put the last coin in, do you see the relay set then immediately release the credit?

No this is the dixie narco that only one motor didn't work. Coin mech and validator work fine. Just once i put the money in and make my selection nothing else happens

Put all the motor switches in the Valley or notch. Deposit coins in coin mech. Each motor will run starting with #1 thru the last one. If #1 #2 #3 etc run and then #4 won't you either have a bad cluster switch on #3 or #4. If all of them run then make sure all the wires on the select panel switches are in place starting with the bottom buttons common wire. If you have a multimeter you could check continuity from bottom common to top common. With vendor unplugged. If all checks good change credit relay.

When you changed that motor did you make sure you got the cluster switch plugged in correctly? Make sure the red connector is plugged in on the common. Sometimes it is missed and looks to be plugged in. Check to make sure no wires have been pinched under a motor or none of the switches have burn marks where someone put motor cover on and hit one with machine plugged in.

This is a 5 minute diagnostic job with the right tools any vendor or service tech can do.

Cheater cord #1 Phillips #2 screwdriver #2 and a good multimeter #3. Should be in your tool box. Electrical tape, white lithium grease for T-Handle, nut drivers good wire strippers, assortment of butt connectors and a good crimper. Not one of those auto crimpers. Water pump pliers, assortment of cherry switches. LOL this is the only thing a old Royal vendor is good for in my opinion. They have a butt load of good cherry switches that have no actuating arms. With practice you can take a switch from most vendors and remove the arm and then split the Royals with care not to open it all the way and put the arm in it.  ;D  Now you only have to have 1 switch that is universal.

By doing this you will save that little bit of profit for yourself instead of me. ;D  

T  

Looks to be a vendo 280.......... Very septiable to power surges like a can jam........ When this happens the motor switches will overheat and loose their spring........ Remove the switches from left to right and see if you hear them click.......... If you find 1 that doesn't click replace them all. They all have been damaged and will fail one right after the other. Today tomorrow or next week. It will drive you crazy.  

I'm quite certain it's a DN 276.  The 276 was thin with 6 selections.  I believe it has the same footprint as the 276-e but the 276 was a single-price can machine just like the 368.

Check for a ground pin on the power cord as sometimes they are broken off.  There should be ground wires from the coin mech door to the main door, the inner door to the main door, the wiring harness in the bottom of the door to the bottom edge of the door (top edge of the lower welded panel below the delivery port), and from the wiring harness down in the lower left corner to the cabinet.  If all of those are intact then you will need a multimeter to begin checking for shorts to ground from various components in the machine.  Also unplug the power in to the light ballast as they can short out internally and ground to the door through the mounting screws. 

Okay so I tried putting money into the coin mech last night to see if they would vend and they did! Well.. I tried selections 1-4 and 2&4 worked 1&3 didn't. Took a pic to see if that's help with anything. This is for the vendo. And for a dixie narco i had a bad cooling unit so i took that one out and replaced it with one that worked in one of my other machines and now the bottom part doesn't cool for it. Any ifeas for either of these?

Archived