Why do bill validators jam?

I have a snack machine with a Conlux bill validator (model NBM-3140).

This thing jams about every 1-2 weeks. It is costing me a lot of time to go out there and remove the jammed bill, and my client is beginning to get irritated.

I am going to replace the bill validator, but I would like to know what is causing the jam? Maybe it's an easy fix?

I also have another bill validator at home that jams on the 2nd bill.

I just want to know what causes a crisp clean bill to jam?

Dirt!!!! currency is one the most dirtest things on this planet...  That's why when you service your route and collect your hands become so dirty and black dirty looking.    What you can do for your validator problem is take the validator apart and clean the sensors in the validator with clear rubbing alcohol.  There is also rubber bands looking things in the validator that turn these little wheel that spin except the bill there either white or clear.   Take and run your finger nail over then and you get the crap off almost looks like gum on it.  you use alcohol on those wheels as well.  You may need to replace the bands if all else fails.    Good luck  

a piece of emery cloth on the belts works pretty well. Rough them up a little.

Take some 90% alcohol that a true drug store like walgreens carries and soak a dollar bill in it.

then run it thru the validator until the alcohol dissipates.

That and the emery cloth is all I carry and it works most of the time.

like 90%, get it 90% alcohol works 90% of the time get it, I made a funny

Validators will, over time, get dirty and worn enough to require replacement - it's just the nature of the beast.  Conlux validators are not state of the art and are fairly inferior to Mars and Coinco.  When they begin to cause acceptance problems or bill jams it is time to replace them.  I wouldn't rebuild them unless you are in love with Conlux.  If you don't have a source for replacements you may PM me for prices on exchanges using Coinco or Mars in place of your Conlux and move on to more reliable bill validators. 

Coninco are notorious for jamming. Don't use them much anymore. I use cleaning cards and have had great success. I use the lucky stripe ones.

They are designed to pull the card all the way in and they will clean the belts really good. 

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Stripe-Acceptor-Cleaning-Miracle/dp/B005NX4ECO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385031368&sr=8-1&keywords=bill+acceptor+cleaning+cards

Do these things really work? Or is it better taking the lens cartridge and clean with a wipe

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271309701343?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Don't know I always use the magic stripe because it simulates a dollar and pulls the card all the way in. All others I have used will only pull the card in a little ways and won't clean all the belts.

Coninco are notorious for jamming. Don't use them much anymore. I use cleaning cards and have had great success. I use the lucky stripe ones.

They are designed to pull the card all the way in and they will clean the belts really good. 

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Stripe-Acceptor-Cleaning-Miracle/dp/B005NX4ECO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385031368&sr=8-1&keywords=bill+acceptor+cleaning+cards

I use the same lucky stripe cleaning cards, I find they work good for cleaning the belts and sensors on dba's

Use MEI bill acceptors...they rarely jam up! Just do it please! Do it for your business!

Of all the machines I own I have just three coinco dba's and if i could put mars dba's I would. I learned how good they are with my single price machines, not a single jam in one machine!

mike

I have a snack machine with a Conlux bill validator (model NBM-3140).

This thing jams about every 1-2 weeks. It is costing me a lot of time to go out there and remove the jammed bill, and my client is beginning to get irritated.

I am going to replace the bill validator, but I would like to know what is causing the jam? Maybe it's an easy fix?

I also have another bill validator at home that jams on the 2nd bill.

I just want to know what causes a crisp clean bill to jam?

Try upgrading to Mars (MEI) validators. I found Conlux to be ineffective.

Archived