Good Buy or Good Bye?

bo0tsy1

The soda machines might be worthwhile to get. 

The one on the left is a DN 8 column machine with a Coinco BA30 validator.  This machine might be two or three cans deep and you will see that, because it's a Coke machine, you only have 7 selections since button one is tied to two columns permanently. 

The soda on the right is a Royal, but there's no way to tell which model it is.  That machine appears to have an old Coinco CBA validator in it which must be upgraded.  Both sodas are 79" which is what I believe RJT was trying to point out.  They are taller than standard 72" machines, but they hold a little more product.  Not really an issue for most vendors.

The snack machine is one you should stay away from.  It is an old AP 435 with an aftermarket board in it to help it run better and it has an old Mars VFM validator.  The machine itself predates the AP4000 line and was built in the late 80's.  They are very problematic.

00r0r_1RjUYClyFuV_600x450.jpg00z0z_9hcy0EPzTEv_600x450.jpg

The seller is asking $500 for one, $800 for a pair or $1200 for the pack. Seller claims all working. Is the snack a Rowe and the drinks Vendos?

I'd definitely get the big Royal, if it's a GIII, it will hold 804 cans - great for a large account.  At that point you might consider the Dixie as well for $300 more but I'd pass on the dinosaur snack machine at any price.

00r0r_1RjUYClyFuV_600x450.jpg00z0z_9hcy0EPzTEv_600x450.jpg

The seller is asking $500 for one, $800 for a pair or $1200 for the pack. Seller claims all working. Is the snack a Rowe and the drinks Vendos?

Personally I wouldn't get any of them. The snack machine is a dinosaur and the 79 inch "tall boy" sodas are a PITA to move and unless its outside many locations don't like them in breakrooms bacause they are so big they dominate the room,

ap 7600 Rebuilt coin mech, bill validator, mother board, and new Tuff Fronts. $500.00

Slap this with one of the Royals, after a cashless upgrades? I'm looking at D&S, but what are some other places to look.

If this machine is as good as they say then it's a screaming deal.  I would bet it's simply a used AP7600 that sometime had a tuffront kit put on and maybe the logic board also replaced.  If it has a Mars VFM you will want to upgrade to a Mars 2501, but if the machine works don't skip it.

01111_hFtDVRZeUeX_600x450.jpg

Then venture into OCS with a $600, "This AP 203 Hot Beverage coffee Machine in Excellent used condition, works like new. Comes with USA validator and Mars 5000 mech." Saw somewhere refurbs commanding a hefty markup.

There are a bunch of warning flags about this machine.  First off you will want to junk the USA validator and MC5000 coin mech - they are two of the worst out there.  Second, this machine was originally a bean grinder machine but they have blocked off the bean display and covered up the top coffee selection line on the selection panel as well as one other line on the right side.  I would ask specifically about this issue before putting dime one into this machine.  PS: this isn't OCS as it's a full size machine.  OCS uses countertop manual brewers generally.

He's at $500, would that be more reasonable or knowledgable?

Just because the price is higher than the RV804 for $250 doesn't mean this machine is any better or worse.  I wouldn't worry too much about the 804 for $250 unless Coke says it's theirs. 

Thanks AZ and All for responding. I'm still learning the terminology about coffee and then I saw a most excellent thread explaining issues with the 203 and had a little poster regret. Interesting info about the grinder being removed. So how bout I redeem myself, For $800 bucks, a National 633?00H0H_6brYeZYC272_600x450.jpg

Looks like he's in the game and is getting rid of it.

The National 633 is a very good machine.  One thing to remember about coffee machines is that they are "wet" machines.  You always have to be on the lookout for water where you don't expect it to be.  Any water leaks of any kind must be addressed immediately or you can cause damage to other parts of the machine. 

Always inspect any coffee machine before you buy it.  Unless you are buying one you know you have to rebuild, any machine you get needs to be rebuilt before installing it because you have to know the machine is 100% before putting it on location.  The machine you buy should look pristine inside, not used and dirty/smelly. 

So, $800 is a good price if it's rebuilt, but not if it needs to be rebuilt, unless you are prepared to pay for that to be done.  You can expect to pay around $1200+ for one of these from someone who regularly sells rebuilt machines.

Interesting Target sign on this one.  The DN522 was a different animal from DN but still a good machine, however I don't believe this is a DN522 as the 522 was a six select machine with six wide columns only.  It was designed for bottle vending. 

I think this might really be a Royal 552 which is a good multiprice machine.  Again, if it's complete and working it's worth investing $350 in, just plan on putting a new sign in it and perhaps having to replace the coin mech or validator.

How bout this mini Royal, at $350. 00g0g_aramL7jVv2L_600x450.jpg

I shudder to ask upgrade?

This is a model of Royal I wasn't aware they ever made.  The smallest I've ever seen was an RV376 but this RV200 is very close to the DN180 as it's only 5 selections.  I do like that this Royal has a control board which will give you a credit display, but there's really no point in a multi-price machine this small.  $350 is a little too high for the usability of the machine and the fact that it still has an old Rowe CBA validator in it.  If you get it you'll want to upgrade the validator.

Archived