preparation to sell route

mainor5251

Besides making sure all months are recorded between now and then what else would you do in preparation to selling a route. I know burn up as much product as I can, less value sitting on shelf and including in package deal. Would you try and sell off extra equipment separately? Got a couple locs I think owners would buy out or would package as a whole lot to seem more attractive to a potential buyer? What else?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides making sure all months are recorded between now and then what else would you do in preparation to selling a route. I know burn up as much product as I can, less value sitting on shelf and including in package deal. Would you try and sell off extra equipment separately? Got a couple locs I think owners would buy out or would package as a whole lot to seem more attractive to a potential buyer? What else?

I know this is kinda a sensitive issue around here and Im not trying to stir up anything but I know you bought a bunch of the chicken machines, 5-6 months ago if I remember right, and were hitting it hard so I got to ask why are you selling? Are the sales not leaving enough room for profit? Are the machines paid off yet?

Im curious because Ive really been thinking about getting one, then the full size came out so I thought I might save for that.

If you piece it out I may be interested in one of yours if the cost is right.

I would try to sell as a complete unit at first. But stay flexible. I have no idea of the area you cover but you may make more money by dividing the business up into smaller units. That way you could market to people in each local area as a part time "cash cow" type thing.

The problem with bigger operators is that most of them already have a lot of equipment in storage (you never seem to have the right stuff lol) so a larger operator while interested in your route may try to really low ball any thing you have off route.  Most of your equipment is pretty new, dont hit the panic button and let anyone lowball  you.

Locations are always worth some money even with out equipment. But if you have some that are out of the way" those might be the best candidates for sale to the location owners. That way the route would look more attractive to a potential buyer.

Please feel free to pm with any questions.

I would try to sell as a complete unit at first. But stay flexible. I have no idea of the area you cover but you may make more money by dividing the business up into smaller units. That way you could market to people in each local area as a part time "cash cow" type thing.

The problem with bigger operators is that most of them already have a lot of equipment in storage (you never seem to have the right stuff lol) so a larger operator while interested in your route may try to really low ball any thing you have off route. Most of your equipment is pretty new, dont hit the panic button and let anyone lowball you.

Locations are always worth some money even with out equipment. But if you have some that are out of the way" those might be the best candidates for sale to the location owners. That way the route would look more attractive to a potential buyer.

Please feel free to pm with any questions.

From following some of his post he is not very spread out. Fl Craigslist seems to always be loaded up with routes for sale or equipment for that matter. Like Musser said at least you got newer equipment. Which is a huge plus. Best of luck either way man.

Hope things are going okay for you. Just a thought; Havending would be a great source to help price your used equipment and route. Heck he may even be interested! The best thing is with his great experience and ability to maximize location potential I am sure he would give top dollar and you both will win!!

Hope things are going okay for you. Just a thought; Havending would be a great source to help price your used equipment and route. Heck he may even be interested! The best thing is with his great experience and ability to maximize location potential I am sure he would give top dollar and you both will win!!

I have talked to him about his business and about what he plans to do. If it's in the cards for me to buy it I will. But if not I have already told him that I will atleast get the chickens. In fact heading down in a couple weeks. I have prime locations waiting on chickens. In fact I need more in TN they have really taken off in Chattanooga. And would like a few for Huntsville, AL.

• 2 weeks later...

Well gonna continue in bulk but did get rid of the chickens and getting rid of cranes. Wanting to focus more on selling led novelties during spring break and at a couple of events from a trailer. Have to say I still believe in ebv's but gonna wait till I have a larger foundation in racks to support the financing of the more expensive equipment next time. Also will focus on better quality machines next time. I have had chickens and cranes make me 250 a month before but if they stay out of order more then not they don't have a chance to pay for themselves.

Well gonna continue in bulk but did get rid of the chickens and getting rid of cranes. Wanting to focus more on selling led novelties during spring break and at a couple of events from a trailer. Have to say I still believe in ebv's but gonna wait till I have a larger foundation in racks to support the financing of the more expensive equipment next time. Also will focus on better quality machines next time. I have had chickens and cranes make me 250 a month before but if they stay out of order more then not they don't have a chance to pay for themselves.

What do u have in terms of cranes? Still got my #?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

. Also will focus on better quality machines next time. I have had chickens and cranes make me 250 a month before but if they stay out of order more then not they don't have a chance to pay for themselves.

So are you saying that your experience with the chickens was not totally positive, care to elaborate for the benefit of the membership?

What problems did you have with All American Chicken machines? What brand of cranes did you have? What problems did you have with the cranes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about about your circumstances.

But, you gave expansion a shot...there's nothing wrong with that.

Had you done nothing, you'd still be sitting around wondering "What if?".

Best of luck unloading those machines.

There are plenty of vendors around here experienced in cranes -- they should be able to help you get those machines in the right order to get top dollar for them.

As far as getting the AAC machines in order, I was told plenty of folks have upwards of 40+ AAC machines on their route. I'm surprised none of them are bringing up break-downs they may be experiencing.

Either way, report problems you are having and maybe we can help on those too.

I havve cranes that have broke a dozen times and some that are still going after a few yrs with zero issues same maker and version . I suspect now and then u get bad production runs and so on, can be especially challenging dealing with used equipment I have a toy taxi I bought off another member here I think it has worked right maybe 3 consecutive weeks since I've had it and he had a bunch of probs with it as well I ended up parting it out buy my other 2 toy taxis work pretty much fine

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Archived