Advice for Purchasing Drink Machine Online

I am new to this forumn, but I have been following this website since I started my vending business in May 2013.  I started out with candy machines to try out the vending business, and I am now ready to purchase a drink machine for a new client.  I have searched my local craigslist and surrounding cities but I have not found anything that I liked.  I am looking for something such as a dixie narco 276e or 501e.  Have any of you guys purchased used / refurbished drink machines from online websites such as usedvending, vendingworld, or other vending websites?  Please provide recommendations on purchasing machines from online websites.

Welcome to the forums! What area or major city are you in? Do you have any used equipment dealers in town or a large vendor that might sell their idle machines? A couple of the online sources you mentioned are not rcommended choices to buy from. If you have to go to an online source, Vending World is worth checking out if you're on the west coast. If in the south you can try A&M. If in the northeast try Automated Services or Betson. If you're centrally located then D&S Vending or Vendors Exchage are good choices.

These are all sources of REAL vending machines and they will all ship across the country. My best recommendation is Vendors Exchange as they have an enormous inventory of machines and they do a good job of refurbishing. I would really recommend you look a little harder in your local area so you can save on what will be substantial freight charges. Don't be afraid to call other vendors to find who might have what you need. If you don't want a local vendor to deliver a machine you get from them, then line up your own delivery.

post-8103-0-91996700-1389208466_thumb.png

Ok guys, I found a drink machine that is an hour away from where I stay on craigslist.  However, the owner is recovering from surgery for a few weeks and is unable to show the machine and he is not sure of the make and model of machine.  With this in mind, can you help me identify the machine in the attachment.  I think it is a Dixie Narco 276e due to the size and owner states that it will vend both bottles and cans. Let me know what you think.  He is asking $500 for the drink machine, and states that it is in great condition. 

attachicon.gifDrink Machine on Craigslist.png

Ok guys, I found a drink machine that is an hour away from where I stay on craigslist.  However, the owner is recovering from surgery for a few weeks and is unable to show the machine and he is not sure of the make and model of machine.  With this in mind, can you help me identify the machine in the attachment.  I think it is a Dixie Narco 276e due to the size and owner states that it will vend both bottles and cans. Let me know what you think.  He is asking $500 for the drink machine, and states that it is in great condition. 

The Dixie 276e is a great little machine and $500 is a great price. The key element here is little, this machine is very popular because of it's small footprint - that said, is it big enough for your intended location?  You don't want to install a machine that requires too much servicing (otherwise you'd just open a C-store ;D if you're going to be there all the time)

Moondog, thanks for the info.  So you are agreeing with me that this is a dixie narco 276e? The account where I am trying to place the machine requested a small machine due to space and it is a small business. 

It's the best small machine you can get - they never seem to be available when you need one.

attachicon.gifDrink Machine on Craigslist.png

That's a good find it everything works. To answer you original question about buying online. Out of the companies mentioned I have only purchased a machine from Vendors Exchange and I was quite pleased with the machine, it was everything they said it was and was not oversold. FWIW, most of the better online refurbishers have several grades of machines you cann buy. Usually something like, as is, guaranteed working and fully refurbished.

Archived