Stealing from my snack machine

Pdm422

I have a small Whittan snack machine that I am having an issue with someone shacking the machine, to get free product out of the machine. I am bothered as it is in a busy retail location. I was going to remove the machine. But am thinking to maybe try an L bracket on top of the machine and bolted to the wall. What do you guys think?

If you bolt it to the wall you will need long lag bolts to go through the bracket into wooden studs or if the wall is concrete slab or block, you will need either Redhead bolts or lag bolts into lag shields.  You will then run multiple self tapping screws through the bracket into the top of your cabinet, or preferably some carriage bolts. 

If they are rocking the machine back and forth a simple and cheap  solution is to attach a piece of wood to the back of the machine at the top, say a 2x4 and then push the machine right back to the wall so the wood is touching the wall. This will stop them from rocking the machine, yes it does work!.

I have also lifted a machine up off the floor placed sikaflex under the legs of the machine then placed it back on the floor and it sticks really well and that solved a problem I had at the time with lifting the machine up and dropping it trying to get products out for free.

Another solution I use  is getting a metal strap made about 2 inches wide and wrap this around the machine and attached it to the cement floor, this works as well. 

The best solution I've found is bags of construction sand - stick about 4 to 5 bags down there (50 lbs each) at $3 a bag and that should stop the shaking.

The main problem with people shaking the machine is not the stuff they're stealing but the havoc it creates with the rest of the machine - items half in and half out of the coils causing misvends.

Yes I end up with product laying on top of coils and under. This is a small machine and is really light for a snack machine.

I think I am going to bolt it to the wall

We've bolted 4-5 full size machines together and they still move them. Whenever possible attach a snack to a soda, that makes.for almost 1500lbs of "I aint budging" and workes pretty good. I have a 113 in a highschool and I had to bolt it it to a concrete wall in 4 different places to keep it from moving.

I have taken two 2 by 6's laid on the floor pick vendor up and set it on top of the 2 by's. Mark the legs and then using a hole saw drill out 4 holes where the legs are. 

Then use lags for concrete in the floor holding the 2 by's in place. Set the vendor back in the holes. 

Make sure the back of the vendor is against the wall when marking the holes

Archived