Supplier pricing

havending

I was looking at TJ king tonight as I normally do.  Often they will have the newer stuff on line faster than suppliers will.   Looking at their prices and taking into account over head, freight to IL, payroll ETC. My best guess is that they are buying from the suppliers at a deep discount of around 30%  I even saw them selling a few items less than what the supplier would charge many operators.  The topic of a co-op has been talked about  here before but there was never any real interest.   So before you place your next order shop around you may get a better price from a reseller.  Heck maybe I will become a reseller and that would enable me to buy at an even lower cost for my own route I always thought we needed a supplier in the south.    

When I first got started in Bulk Vending TJ King was my sole supplier and I must say for being a resseller their prices are not so bad.I havent orderd from them in a while but they are very helpful and nice people to deal with, I actually got the chance to pay them a visit when I was down in Chicago on vacation,it was a great experience they give you a shopping cart and you could walk around and shop like if you was in a supermarket shopping for groceries, by the way their also a beverage dist.

What happened to kid zone in Chicago?

They were part of TNJ for a long time. Then it was merged into one.

When I first got started in Bulk Vending TJ King was my sole supplier and I must say for being a resseller their prices are not so bad.I havent orderd from them in a while but they are very helpful and nice people to deal with, I actually got the chance to pay them a visit when I was down in Chicago on vacation,it was a great experience they give you a shopping cart and you could walk around and shop like if you was in a supermarket shopping for groceries, by the way their also a beverage dist.

I have gotten one inch from them in a pinch and the freight was cheap like 20 for 12 bags. How much inventory did they seem to have of each item?

I buy about 50% of my product from TJ King. If I order Gold Chains from Cardinel @ 18.50 plus shipping from east coast to Chicago. or I buy at TJ for $20 and pay 10% tax. So $22 is less expensive for me, but I can pick up items at TJ. In 2" Icky Sticky, which is very heavy to ship, the numbers are TJ $41.08, CDC is 34 plus shipping.  

I was looking at TJ king tonight as I normally do.  Often they will have the newer stuff on line faster than suppliers will.   Looking at their prices and taking into account over head, freight to IL, payroll ETC. My best guess is that they are buying from the suppliers at a deep discount of around 30%  I even saw them selling a few items less than what the supplier would charge many operators.  The topic of a co-op has been talked about  here before but there was never any real interest.   So before you place your next order shop around you may get a better price from a reseller.  Heck maybe I will become a reseller and that would enable me to buy at an even lower cost for my own route I always thought we needed a supplier in the south.    

Let's discuss a co-op.  I'm haven't looked at the final numbers in a couple years but I probably spend 8-10 k in product cost every year.  If we could get a few of us together and spend 100k a year on product or something that may work out or at the least maybe a bunch of us go in on a big order of something.  I don't know...........wishful thinking.    Why don't everyione post where they are from?:huh:??:huh:  It would make it easier to try to do deals with one another and help one another out as long as we're not direct competitors.

Let's discuss a co-op. I'm haven't looked at the final numbers in a couple years but I probably spend 8-10 k in product cost every year. If we could get a few of us together and spend 100k a year on product or something that may work out or at the least maybe a bunch of us go in on a big order of something. I don't know...........wishful thinking. Why don't everyione post where they are from?:huh:??:huh: It would make it easier to try to do deals with one another and help one another out as long as we're not direct competitors.

Rachel called me with a new program that will benifet many of us. Maybe she will chime in and share the details but it will help freight cost.

We just launched an east coast freight program for orders over $1500. (you can all go in on an order together if that works for you logistically) Order would need to ship to one destination. (this does not apply to UPS or Fed Ex orders)

Your $1500+ order would ship from our warehouse in CA , however, you would only be charged freight as if your order shipped from the east coast.

This would offset your margins quite a bit and allow more of you to be able to afford to order from us out here in CA.

Feel free to email or call me for more details.

my direct # 669-800-6564

or Rachel@tntvend.com

thanks!

We just launched an east coast freight program for orders over $1500. (you can all go in on an order together if that works for you logistically) Order would need to ship to one destination. (this does not apply to UPS or Fed Ex orders)

Your $1500+ order would ship from our warehouse in CA , however, you would only be charged freight as if your order shipped from the east coast.

This would offset your margins quite a bit and allow more of you to be able to afford to order from us out here in CA.

Feel free to email or call me for more details.

my direct # 669-800-6564

or Rachel@tntvend.com

thanks!

So how much for freight if I order $1500.00 worth of stuff and have it delivered to residental no lift gate required in North LA?

btw -- H&A and others,count me in for any co-op program , i dont see how it matters where we are located at,it would be stupid if ur paying less for product to lower prices or raise commissions u just be cutting ur own throat IMO

btw -- H&A and others,count me in for any co-op program , i dont see how it matters where we are located at,it would be stupid if ur paying less for product to lower prices or raise commissions u just be cutting ur own throat IMO

I'd also look at a co-op situation.

I buy about 50% of my product from TJ King. If I order Gold Chains from Cardinel @ 18.50 plus shipping from east coast to Chicago. or I buy at TJ for $20 and pay 10% tax. So $22 is less expensive for me, but I can pick up items at TJ. In 2" Icky Sticky, which is very heavy to ship, the numbers are TJ $41.08, CDC is 34 plus shipping.  

Have you ever checked out carousel in Lincolnshire? You need to take a trip over there. I dont think they have the amount of inventory as TJ in toys but they are a Ford owned company and blow everyone away on gum and superball prices.

The co-op idea sounds good, its one of those that has been talked about from time to time. Its something worth discussing at greater length.

It really is a great idea. Definitely would give a group of vendors buying power. How much money needs to be raised amongst the vendors? Logistically what range would the vendors need to be from one another (considering one drop off point)? Agian this is a grand idea guys. This can definitely lower product cost. I'm in.

It really is a great idea. Definitely would give a group of vendors buying power. How much money needs to be raised amongst the vendors? Logistically what range would the vendors need to be from one another (considering one drop off point)? Agian this is a grand idea guys. This can definitely lower product cost. I'm in.

I think with a co-op we would need to buy a container of stuff from china to make it worthwhile.  I think I've heard that some of the suppliers have their stuff capped in china and then sent to USA.  Maybe get a container full of misc capped materials, fronts and bouncing balls.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.  Would the savings be worth doing it? What about plush also?

I think with a co-op we would need to buy a container of stuff from china to make it worthwhile. I think I've heard that some of the suppliers have their stuff capped in china and then sent to USA. Maybe get a container full of misc capped materials, fronts and bouncing balls.

I don't know, just thinking out loud. Would the savings be worth doing it? What about plush also?

This seems like a lot of work and is it really worth the savings? Mr. Bufford, are you gonna put up tens of thousands of your money for this container of stuff? Shipping the container alone has to be $6,000 or more. Plus the product cost. Where will it be shipped? Louisiana? Then are you gonna ship it to us? I would think our time is better spent getting more locations. In the long run, that is gonna make us money for years to come. It's hard to beat RINCO free freight on balls and toys (.03 delivered) during specials. And you know once you do all this, somebody on here is gonna buy just one case of something and benifit as much as you, who invested tens of thousands and did all this work. That's why a co-op will never work. It's not fair for the guy buying one case to get the same price and Benifit as much as the guy buying 100 cases.

Ok Free Baller, What you say does make alot more sense that what I said.  You are right.  Gotta hustle locations.

Can't say I've ever ordered from RINCO.  I must check them out.

This seems like a lot of work and is it really worth the savings? Mr. Bufford, are you gonna put up tens of thousands of your money for this container of stuff? Shipping the container alone has to be $6,000 or more. Plus the product cost. Where will it be shipped? Louisiana? Then are you gonna ship it to us? I would think our time is better spent getting more locations. In the long run, that is gonna make us money for years to come. It's hard to beat RINCO free freight on balls and toys (.03 delivered) during specials. And you know once you do all this, somebody on here is gonna buy just one case of something and benifit as much as you, who invested tens of thousands and did all this work. That's why a co-op will never work. It's not fair for the guy buying one case to get the same price and Benifit as much as the guy buying 100 cases.

Its actually not a lot of work IMO. We have done this with operators who live near each other. A few pull together put in orders with me and we put it all on pallets. They get quantity pricing PLUS they are all sharing the freight cost which is much less than ordering on their own and shipping Fed/Ex or UPS ground. Especially if we are shipping to a persons residence. And, to make it even better, we are offering east coast pallet rates right now for orders of $1500 or more...so shipping per operator will be minimal. The only hard part I can think of is when the pallet arrives, someone has to go through it and break it down to who's boxes belong to who. We clearly mark each box with the company name and provide packing slips for each order if you are sharing a pallet shipment.

On the other hand, we have also ordered containers worth of product/balls for customers (at big savings) and that requires a down payment and the shipment goes directly to them.

The guy ordering "one bag" at a time is going to pay regular price and regular shipping. (speaking for my company only)  It will always save you money to order in quantity.

Have you ever checked out carousel in Lincolnshire? You need to take a trip over there. I dont think they have the amount of inventory as TJ in toys but they are a Ford owned company and blow everyone away on gum and superball prices.

I have not but will check them out next time I'm up that way.

With our east coast pallet freight program...depending on what you ordered (weight wise) for 500 lbs ,$1500 order, it could cost less than $200 (with a liftgate) This is a rough idea...I would need to get the actual weight and any accessorial to quote you exact amount. (residential, etc)

Email me for more details or if you want to put something together.

Rachel@tntvend.com

Archived