Jiffy Lube

lowcountry Dan

I'd like to inform fellow vendors to beware of Jiffy Lube They do not allow candy machines unless you have a corporate contract. They will toss your machine without a second thought.  What's more, you will never get to talk to anyone in the corporate office. They don't take calls and they don't return them. 

I had a candy machine at one for about a year. I actually had that location for 4 years, but it changed over to Jiffy Lube.  They put in a new manager, and just like that, my machine was gone.  The new manager gave me corporate legalese and the brush off.  After numerous calls to corporate,  a local district manager called. He was totally indifferent. He told me I better pull any other machine I had at Jiffy Lube because they'd toss them too. He did not care in the slightest that he lost a customer. I spoke to the local manager at another location where I have a machine.  i'll pick it up tomorrow.  i know I have no rights or recourse, but most people are decent enough not to throw away someone's property. i just want  to alert everyone. It may be OK with the manager, but corporate Jiffy Lube will dispose of your machine. 

I've had some dealings with their corporate side as well. Particularly, their accounts receivables dept.  I could not make them understand that if I paid with a debit card, there was no way I had a several hundred dollar balance.  Turns out after a couple of years arguing with them, They had some manager stealing from them. How he did it with debit cards I dont know.  I was never double charged on any of my visits.  The toughest part was getting it off my credit report.

I do not do business with them anymore.  No way I would stick a machine in there.I get my oil changed at a dealership now, and I do have a machine in there.

• Like 1

I had a local manager okay one a couple years back went back to service and they made me remove it on the spot.

At least i got it back, they are rude though. used them once for an oil change and felt like all they wanted was to upsell every filter and fluid in the car.

i never went back.

Maybe the "slammers" are the blame for this over reaction problem?  A Jiffy Lube may seem like an ideal place to slam a machine (without permission) to some locators or vendors.  So my guess would be that the Jiffy Lube corporate people adopted a zero-tolerance take-no-prisoners policy on any type of bulk machine.  Automotive repair chains are constantly targeted by bulk vendors and I am sure they get sick of dealing with the never ending requests to place machines on their property.  So into the dumpster it goes!

As Ron once pointed out, maybe the vendor has unknowingly been "Gorilla" located on by a low-life locator.  Either the locator slammed it in themselves  or they exploited a naive newbie employee at the front desk that did not know the corporate vending policy, but was sympathetic to the charity cause.  After all, this is all for a charity, right?  Of course the low-life locator knows that this machine will not stay in for long.  And when that high level corporate or district manager arrives, that machine is toast.   But the locator has your cash as is long gone!

Maybe the "slammers" are the blame for this over reaction problem? A Jiffy Lube may seem like an ideal place to slam a machine (without permission) to some locators or vendors. So my guess would be that the Jiffy Lube corporate people adopted a zero-tolerance take-no-prisoners policy on any type of bulk machine. Automotive repair chains are constantly targeted by bulk vendors and I am sure they get sick of dealing with the never ending requests to place machines on their property. So into the dumpster it goes!

As Ron once pointed out, maybe the vendor has unknowingly been "Gorilla" located on by a low-life locator. Either the locator slammed it in themselves or they exploited a naive newbie employee at the front desk that did not know the corporate vending policy, but was sympathetic to the charity cause. After all, this is all for a charity, right? Of course the low-life locator knows that this machine will not stay in for long. And when that high level corporate or district manager arrives, that machine is toast. But the locator has your cash as is long gone!

Good post. And 100% on point

I'd like to inform fellow vendors to beware of Jiffy Lube They do not allow candy machines unless you have a corporate contract. They will toss your machine without a second thought. What's more, you will never get to talk to anyone in the corporate office. They don't take calls and they don't return them.

I had a candy machine at one for about a year. I actually had that location for 4 years, but it changed over to Jiffy Lube. They put in a new manager, and just like that, my machine was gone. The new manager gave me corporate legalese and the brush off. After numerous calls to corporate, a local district manager called. He was totally indifferent. He told me I better pull any other machine I had at Jiffy Lube because they'd toss them too. He did not care in the slightest that he lost a customer. I spoke to the local manager at another location where I have a machine. i'll pick it up tomorrow. i know I have no rights or recourse, but most people are decent enough not to throw away someone's property. i just want to alert everyone. It may be OK with the manager, but corporate Jiffy Lube will dispose of your machine.

As far a a know jiffy lube has no bulk contract programs. These places are wise to the vending game

Thanks for the insight. i just wanted to point out that I thought everything was hunky dory because I was on good terms with both managers.  The manager at the other location was shocked when I told him they threw my machine away.  I have to be more careful with corporate policy.  I was told by corporate that no manager has authority to approve a machine.  It's the same way with Walmart, but they did not dispose of my machine.  I was simply told to remove it. 

I just wish to warn people that some corporations are fine with bulk machines, some are not.  It is up to me to find out their company policy.  i have quite a few corporate locations, Old Navy, Outback Steakhouse, JC Penney, K- Mart.  

There must be something going on with bulk vendors and Jiffy Lube. I was treated with a "go to hell" attitude. Fortunately, the vast majority of people I deal with are polite and professional. Every business has it's bumps in the road.  We learn from them and move on. 

Has anyone ever had a oil change place like this worth a damn for singles and doubles? I use to have big ten tires, express lubes, jiffy lubes ect. When I did singles and doubles. They all were horrible accounts. Most places around here people just sit in there vehicles while there getting serviced, so your basically banking on the workers.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever had a oil change place like this worth a damn for singles and doubles? I use to have big ten tires, express lubes, jiffy lubes ect. When I did singles and doubles. They all were horrible accounts. Most places around here people just sit in there vehicles while there getting serviced, so your basically banking on the workers.

No not really!  In the vast majority of those places, the only product that sold well were Peanut M&M - which are no longer worth vending,

And those places also have a higher tendency for machine tampering, such as lock picking.  Automotive boys will be automotive boys.

I just wish to warn people that some corporations are fine with bulk machines, some are not.  It is up to me to find out their company policy.  i have quite a few corporate locations, Old Navy, Outback Steakhouse, JC Penney, K- Mart.  

Well not always true.  I have been kicked out of Outbacks and K-Marts.  If I remember, another vendor posted a problem with an Old Navy.  It really comes down to enforcement (or lack of) by either the higher-up's or the snack/soda vendors.  In many cases they look the other way since they have "bigger fish to fry" and don't get worked up over a gumball machine in a breakroom.  But sometimes some managers or competing commission vendors will take notice and take action.  Charity vending is an "under-the-radar" type of business.  Just lay low and most of the time no one cares you are in their break room.  But sometimes one individual will care!  Then, POW, you are gone!

But yes, there are some corporate place that are a bit more friendly.  The Gap and Banana Republic are a few more.  

There must be something going on with bulk vendors and Jiffy Lube. I was treated with a "go to hell" attitude. Fortunately, the vast majority of people I deal with are polite and professional. Every business has it's bumps in the road.  We learn from them and move on. 

Well they probably think you are one of those slammers.  And they may also think that you are a cheater who only gives one dollar per month to the charity when the locator said it was all for charity.   I can only imagine the e-mails that float around at corporate.  They probably end with "trash those pieces of st".  Perception is a powerful thing.

Thanks for the insight. i just wanted to point out that I thought everything was hunky dory because I was on good terms with both managers.  The manager at the other location was shocked when I told him they threw my machine away.  I have to be more careful with corporate policy.  I was told by corporate that no manager has authority to approve a machine.  It's the same way with Walmart, but they did not dispose of my machine.  I was simply told to remove it. 

I highly DOUBT they threw it away..Im sure its sitting in some employees or managers house..just saying!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a grease monkey and meineke both are solid bulk accounts, GM sells out of Mike & Ikes & Hot a Tamales monthly

Edited by ska173

• 5 years later...

sorry to bump this thread but i hope this still isn’t the case with jiffy lube. i have gumball machines in a couple of them, and when i went to service one yesterday, the lady told me 2 more locations that wanted them. i guess jiffy lube is a big community lol. would suck to eventually have to pull them all since they are solid locations.

5 hours ago, deee_z said:

Jiffy Lube sucks!  Anyone that gets service there deserves what they get.  They have been screwing people for decades!

I agree but we are talking about them as a vending location, not as a place to get your car (dis)serviced.

Edited by orsd

22 hours ago, jay22 said:

sorry to bump this thread but i hope this still isn’t the case with jiffy lube. i have gumball machines in a couple of them, and when i went to service one yesterday, the lady told me 2 more locations that wanted them. i guess jiffy lube is a big community lol. would suck to eventually have to pull them all since they are solid locations.

All chains like Jiffy Lube tend to be regionally managed so like any other bulk vending location things can change at a moments notice due to management change or a corporate visit. I would keep them there as long as they allow it. Make sure they are well maintained and you address any service calls immediately to reduce the odds of a customer complaint to corporate which is a great way to be shown the door. As far as the stories above I am guessing it was a regional thing and not Jiffy's Lubes corporate position to throw vending machines in the dumpster.