Royal Vendors RVV500 or Bevmax4

adam22

What is your opinion about them ?

I own the Royal and it works flawlessly now that I've relubricated the trays with a combination of white lithium grease and CRT food grade silicon.  It's important to keep these machines clean even if they don't look dirty.  That said,  I find loading this type of machine awkward as you have to manually hold the pusher back in order to load drinks in a FIFO manner.  I don;t have any experience with the Bevmax 4 but those that have them love them.  These are the two top choices for robotic vendors.

I own the Royal and it works flawlessly now that I've relubricated the trays with a combination of white lithium grease and CRT food grade silicon.  It's important to keep these machines clean even if they don't look dirty.  That said,  I find loading this type of machine awkward as you have to manually hold the pusher back in order to load drinks in a FIFO manner.  I don;t have any experience with the Bevmax 4 but those that have them love them.  These are the two top choices for robotic vendors.

IMO the Bevmax is the only way to go. ;D

According to DN's documentation the Bev 4 is only available in a large 45 selection version.  The only narrow model I recall from them was the Baby Bev, or the narrow version of the original bottle drop machine.  It was the model DN3500 and was 6 selections wide.  It's pretty rare to find one on the used market.

Does the Bevmax 4 come in any other sizes?  The only ones I've seen are huge

Hi Randy, the Bevmax 4 is available in two different sizes...

Standard Version: 45 selections

Narrow Version: 35 selections

I have a couple of these narrow units along with some of the full size units and they work great, the only difference between the narrow and the wide is two less rows on each shelf.

http://dixienarco.com/comSite/CustomerService/MarketingResources/PDFs_Downloaded/BM4_NarrowFlyer_AQUAFINA_PF4.pdf

What are the going prices for a used version of both the narrow and wide versions?  Where can I get them?

The bevmax machines are so good that few operators are willing to let them go. I have never seen a small one on the secondary market and the large ones are pretty rare. When they do pop up better jump on it fast and be prepared to drop 1500 to2000 or more on it if its in great condition.

The bevmax machines are so good that few operators are willing to let them go. I have never seen a small one on the secondary market and the large ones are pretty rare. When they do pop up better jump on it fast and be prepared to drop 1500 to2000 or more on it if its in great condition.

There are plenty of BevMax 1,2 & 3's available though.. can't even give them away!!  ;D

What are the going prices for a used version of both the narrow and wide versions?  Where can I get them?

Probably if you get lucky to find one or you can go to your local distributor and shell out a ton of money lol.  I am looking for a narrow version so far no luck

vendorstech quoted me Refurbished Dixie Narco BevMax 4 - $3895.00

The problem here is the newness of the machine you're after.  They're simply not old enough to be in ready supply from traditional used machine sources like CL.  The guys that can afford these  machines new just aren't done with them yet.

Before you get too fixated on a glass front machine, let’s at least admit there are down sides.

1 Given their large foot print they will hold very few sodas compared to a stack machine.

2 Often you will need a stack machine set next to the glass front to carry volume products. If not you will likely dedicate 3 full shelves to the 2 best selling products.

3 They are full of expensive parts that can and do fail often.

The main reason you see so few small machines is the cost of manufacturing difference between the 2 models is almost zero.

You should be very careful buying used as they are often plagued with intermittent problems. Be sure you get a good warranty that will cover on site repairs for 90 days.

On the up side they will sell 20% more soda if well stocked.

Walta

Before you get too fixated on a glass front machine, let’s at least admit there are down sides.

1 Given their large foot print they will hold very few sodas compared to a stack machine.

2 Often you will need a stack machine set next to the glass front to carry volume products. If not you will likely dedicate 3 full shelves to the 2 best selling products.

3 They are full of expensive parts that can and do fail often.

The main reason you see so few small machines is the cost of manufacturing difference between the 2 models is almost zero.

You should be very careful buying used as they are often plagued with intermittent problems. Be sure you get a good warranty that will cover on site repairs for 90 days.

On the up side they will sell 20% more soda if well stocked.

Walta

You forgot to mention that the glassfronts are a PITA to load compared to the stackers

Well I have both including a Bevmax 3 and I have had little issues. I just  purchased 4 new 2014 model RVV500 vendors  and I like them they work just fantastic, with a few refinements iin the new model ncluding the coin shute I think they are great plus they don't need as much room as the Bevmax.

let me know how the rvv's hold up.  The place I usually get my machines from will only sell the RVV500's because of reliability but when I check the forums for feedback I hear otherwise.  Im torn between the baby bev and the royal rvv500

Well I have both including a Bevmax 3 and I have had little issues. I just  purchased 4 new 2014 model RVV500 vendors  and I like them they work just fantastic, with a few refinements iin the new model ncluding the coin shute I think they are great plus they don't need as much room as the Bevmax.

Why the hell is space such a big issue down there?  You've got the whole bloody Outback if you need to expand a bit. :blink:

Archived