Probably been asked a million times....

cdreed06

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I know you all can answer this question. We own a car wash and are looking for a snack machine to set outside to vend car wash products. I know there is specialty machines just for this but they are too expensive for our budget right now. I plan on putting a small roof over it to keep most of the water out but is there a certain model that would work better than others? I am especially interested in one that would also vend soda. I am looking for one less than $2000 with a decent capacity. Thanks in advance.

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I know you all can answer this question. We own a car wash and are looking for a snack machine to set outside to vend car wash products. I know there is specialty machines just for this but they are too expensive for our budget right now. I plan on putting a small roof over it to keep most of the water out but is there a certain model that would work better than others? I am especially interested in one that would also vend soda. I am looking for one less than $2000 with a decent capacity. Thanks in advance.

The AMS Outsider would be the only one - good luck finding one of those with your budget.  Given that this is your car wash and you're not really in the vending biz,  I recommend putting a soda machine there instead as most of them are outdoor rated and you can find good single priced ones (cans only) for less than $500.  Trying to operate one snack machine profitably is near impossible due to the short shelf life of many snack products.  Those of us that do this for a living have many snack machines where we can spread out case lots without relying on just one machine to sell everything prior to expiration.  Note;  most canned soda has a ten month shelf life which makes that a better solution for what you're describing.

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on not vending snacks but vending my armor all, towels, air fresheners etc. in the snack machine. I currently have 8 Laurel drop shelf vendors and would like to replace them with a single more reliable unit. The soda part would just be a bonus and probably more for me :rolleyes:  Is there anything other than the AMS Outsider that would withstand the covered outdoors? Even if I had to help it out with more weatherstripping? I appreciate you guy's time here. Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on not vending snacks but vending my armor all, towels, air fresheners etc. in the snack machine. I currently have 8 Laurel drop shelf vendors and would like to replace them with a single more reliable unit. The soda part would just be a bonus and probably more for me :rolleyes:  Is there anything other than the AMS Outsider that would withstand the covered outdoors? Even if I had to help it out with more weatherstripping? I appreciate you guy's time here. Thanks

The issue here is more liability than functionality.  Many snack machines could be configured with bigger coils to vend what you want to sell but if somebody got shocked yer butt would be grass.  The AMS is the only one I know of that is legally rated for outdoor use - a shed is considered outdoors.

You are asking for too much. You are going to spend some money. The outsider will probably be the cheapest option. For $3500+ for a used model, you won't have to build around it but the roof is a good idea. For anything else, you need an enclosed building.

Good luck preventing vandalism.

You will need to not only protect your machine from the elements but also from vandals.  Do you plan on caging your machine(s), because if you don't you will be repairing major vandalism very quickly?

Here in the Phoenix area I have worked on a couple of machines that are built into the block walls of the laundromats.  They aren't caged or even have expanded metal over them and I'm surprised they don't get pried open.  This is probably due to the fact that these machines and all the wash equipment work on tokens only, so only the token changer must be armored and it too, is built into the wall.  One of the machines they use is from RPD with stainless steel front and a plexiglass window.  This machine was probably purpose-built for and sold by the company that sells the carwash product sold from the machine.  The other style I have seen built into the wall is the AP CS12 snack.  In fact both the RPD and the AP CS12 are the same size. 

The CS12 on it's own would work for you if you didn't need a ton of selections or large capacity in the machine.  If you are operating on tokens you won't need a bill acceptor for the machine.

Archived