Aggravation!

So Friday I walked in to service one of my good soda accounts (usually $130 per week) and looked inside only to find that the machine still had descent levels in all selections. I opened the validator and not even a single bill inside, and only a good amount of change ($40ish). The location manager has my phone number, and my number is directly on the machine. For some reason most of my accounts have such a hard time calling me when there is a problem, and this time it cost me pretty good. I told them that the validator was fixed when leaving and they say something like "yeah its not been working all week". I reminded them to call me and for the most part bit my tongue. Very frustrating to say the least!!!

Sorry just needed to vent!! Anyone else with similar issues?

This kind of thing happens all the time and you just have to get used to it.  You would think this ambivalence is due to the self-centered social media lives people live now, but this kind of thing happened back before cell phones and the internet were around.  I put service number labels on every one of my machines and there was always an account or two that still wouldn't bother to pick up a phone to call when there was a problem.  I could never figure out why some locations couldn't care less whether the machine got fixed.  I think it really comes from the top down and if the management style of the business shows it doesn't care about anything then the employees won't care either.  It's just part of the game.

At least you weren't telling us that you found another machine was put in - I thought that was where you were going.  They are probably too lazy to find another vendor if they wanted to.  All you can do is smile and remind them.

ohh no they love the service, and they have another building very close by and want me to install there as well soon. The last vendors kept one of the imported combos in there, and I know they were running out of about everything in the first day, because this place really uses the machines. That's why I always bite my tongue.

You should always bite your tongue.  Maybe they aren't used to having a number on the machine to call if the last bad vendor didn't provide one.  Old habits, even ones they didn't perform, are hard to break.

This is common. I've had my entire machine broken into, and sitting empty for one week. No calls, no police help, no nothing! This is how vending works for the most part. People don't care lol. If I saw that a machine wasn't working, I wouldn't call either. 

I even tell them that the first one to call me gets a free soda.

awesome!! I'm definitely going to use that one from now on. I just hope someone don't mess something up on purpose just to get a free soda ;D

That's not frustrating.  Frustrating is when the customers don't call for a problem that happened the day after you left... then you get there and they say "Your piece of junk machine doesn't work!"  I don't bite my tongue as well as you might.  I ask them if they called the number and they say something along the lines of "No, I didn't call, but that machine hasn't worked all week!"  So I respond by letting them know that I would have FIXED THE MACHINE if they TOLD ME IT WASN'T WORKING.  Oh, and what might be wrong with the machine?  A bill jam or a dirty/sticky coin stuck in the coin mech might be causing a problem.

The most frustrating service call I ever had was one I talked about on these forums.  The "building manager" was so rude to me.  He called a few times to say that my AP 7000 was not working.  Every time I went there to check the machine out, he said it wasn't working.  The last time he called, he complained about how my company never fixed the machine, it never worked, the products were almost expired and almost sold out, and that I should come more often instead of once every month.  Instead of dealing with a guy who had NO idea what he was talking about (a few items were CLOSE to expiration but not there, the machine was working fine, and I serviced this account every other week), I pulled the machines out a few weeks later.  His attitude wasn't worth having my service.  Either they never got any vending back in that building OR they are dealing with another vendor who is about to pack-up and leave.  Whose fault is that? The building manager's fault.

Archived