dixie narco 368 credit limit

temp04

Hello everyone,

I have a dixie narco 368.  I was able to set price for an item over $1.00.  However,  when I try to put money in it, it doesn't accept more than $1.00.  How do I remove the credit limit?

368 only tells us how many can the machine will hold.

We need to know about the controls.

Likey options are

1    Single price.

2    MPC

3     SII

4     SIID

Is the changer full of coins?

Walta

Or you can tell us the suffix to the model number

It could be none

Other options are t e p or r

Is the selectin over 100 sold out?

Weirdest thing... one of my machines is a 501er. It's a single price. I didn't know there was an er

Thank you all for the reply..  let me see if I can answer the questions.  I think it is a  multiprice.  I was able to change one of them to a different price.  My guess for the controller is SIID.  I followed this manual to configure the price and the changer is full of coin.  I am not too sure of the model.  368 was what the mover told me that I have.  I don't remember seeing any model number or serial number.  The selection wasn't sold out because I put some cans in there to test the vend.  I intend to change it to gatorade but not sure how to change it to one deep.  Can someone also help me on that?  Thanks

368 only tells us how many can the machine will hold.

We need to know about the controls. 

Likey options are

1    Single price.

2    MPC

3     SII

4     SIID

Is the changer full of coins?

Walta

You won't be able to do Gatorade 20 oz bottles in the DN 368 because the rotors are too small.  If this is actually three cans deep then it's a DN501 and Gatorade will work with the proper setup.  You do need to know if this is an SII or SIID machine.  The SII is a large box with two buttons on the front of it.  The SIID is a smaller box with the board exposed on the bottom and one mode button.  The programming is somewhat the same between them. 

Are you trying to vend an item that is priced higher than $1?  If so and the machine won't accept more than one bill, you will need to adjust the escrow setting.  Enter the service mode and pressing select buttons one and two together, scroll to ESC for the escrow programming.  Here is a copy of the ESC instructions so you can read them (this is also listed on your inner door):

ESC - ESCROW
This section supports 4 (four) escrow options. To show the current escrow condition, press any select button.

To change the escrow condition:

Press & hold Select Button 1: "Pr" - Escrow to Price
The escrow condition is "escrow to price". All dollar bills will be stacked. No cancel sale is allowed once minimum vend price is met or exceeded.

Press & hold Select Button 2: "E-S4" - Escrow to Select 4
The escrow condition is "escrow to select" with all dollar bills being stacked. Cancel sale will return the deposit from the coin changer (i.e. 4 quarters).

Press & hold Select Button 3: "E-S1" - Escrow to Select 1
The escrow condition is "escrow to select" with the last dollar bill that meets or exceeds maximum vend price being escrowed in the validator. Cancel sale will return the held dollar bill and any amount over $1 will be returned from the coin changer.

Press & hold Select Button 4: "E-P2" - Escrow No Cancel
The escrow condition is “escrow no cancel” with all bills stacked, and no cancel sale allowed unless the vender is in exact change and the maximum vend price is exceeded. Note: Any money entered below the vend price cannot be returned.

Press & hold select buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously to move to the next item on the menu.

You will notice that the first option is considered to be a Force Vend since the customer must buy something once the lowest vend price is met.  The second option is considered the Bill Changer option as the customer can change a bill anytime they want by pressing the coin return.  Option 3 is best for the vending operator because when the coin return is pressed the last bill entered will be returned and then anything over one dollar will be returned, minimizing the amount of change paid out.  Finally, option 4 can be very confusing for the customer because it is basically a Force Vend condition but with a refund of only money over the highest vend price.

One of those options should correct your problem.  By the way, what model of bill validator are you using?  Some validators aren't capable of escrowing a bill or accepting more than one bill.

Thank you for the reply.  I was trying to vend a 12 oz Gatorade.  Is it possible?  I think it can fit one in but I am not sure how to adjust to just one deep for the 12 oz gatorade.  Based on your description of the controller board, it should be SIID machine.

Yes, I set one of them to price above $1 for the 12 oz gatorade and trying to vend it.  But after the credit reaches $1, it just returns the coins.  I think I have either a mag50 or mag30.  I will double check on that.  can a bill validator escrow more than one bill?  thank you

You won't be able to do Gatorade 20 oz bottles in the DN 368 because the rotors are too small.  If this is actually three cans deep then it's a DN501 and Gatorade will work with the proper setup.  You do need to know if this is an SII or SIID machine.  The SII is a large box with two buttons on the front of it.  The SIID is a smaller box with the board exposed on the bottom and one mode button.  The programming is somewhat the same between them. 

Are you trying to vend an item that is priced higher than $1?  If so and the machine won't accept more than one bill, you will need to adjust the escrow setting.  Enter the service mode and pressing select buttons one and two together, scroll to ESC for the escrow programming.  Here is a copy of the ESC instructions so you can read them (this is also listed on your inner door):

ESC - ESCROW
This section supports 4 (four) escrow options. To show the current escrow condition, press any select button.

To change the escrow condition:

Press & hold Select Button 1: "Pr" - Escrow to Price
The escrow condition is "escrow to price". All dollar bills will be stacked. No cancel sale is allowed once minimum vend price is met or exceeded.

Press & hold Select Button 2: "E-S4" - Escrow to Select 4
The escrow condition is "escrow to select" with all dollar bills being stacked. Cancel sale will return the deposit from the coin changer (i.e. 4 quarters).

Press & hold Select Button 3: "E-S1" - Escrow to Select 1
The escrow condition is "escrow to select" with the last dollar bill that meets or exceeds maximum vend price being escrowed in the validator. Cancel sale will return the held dollar bill and any amount over $1 will be returned from the coin changer.

Press & hold Select Button 4: "E-P2" - Escrow No Cancel
The escrow condition is “escrow no cancel” with all bills stacked, and no cancel sale allowed unless the vender is in exact change and the maximum vend price is exceeded. Note: Any money entered below the vend price cannot be returned.

Press & hold select buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously to move to the next item on the menu.

You will notice that the first option is considered to be a Force Vend since the customer must buy something once the lowest vend price is met.  The second option is considered the Bill Changer option as the customer can change a bill anytime they want by pressing the coin return.  Option 3 is best for the vending operator because when the coin return is pressed the last bill entered will be returned and then anything over one dollar will be returned, minimizing the amount of change paid out.  Finally, option 4 can be very confusing for the customer because it is basically a Force Vend condition but with a refund of only money over the highest vend price.

One of those options should correct your problem.  By the way, what model of bill validator are you using?  Some validators aren't capable of escrowing a bill or accepting more than one bill.

If you are using Gatorade in 12 oz cans then just leave the column set as it was for soda and you'll be fine.  There's no need to make it one deep.  What exact price do you have set for the Gatorade?   Also, what coin mech are you using?  If it's MDB or even if it's not, you should use the Coin Fill Mode within the C-D (Coin Dump) menu item to ensure the machine knows that there is sufficient change in the coin mech.  Sometimes the tube sensors aren't enough to convince the board that it should allow more than one bill.

hmm... I  couldn't fit in two bottles of 12 oz gatorade in there.  Is there different types of  12 oz gatorade bottles?  I am setting the price at $1.25 for the gatorade.  too high?  I think the coin mech is MDB, where is the C-D (Coin Dump) menu?  Thank you for all your help

If you are using Gatorade in 12 oz cans then just leave the column set as it was for soda and you'll be fine.  There's no need to make it one deep.  What exact price do you have set for the Gatorade?   Also, what coin mech are you using?  If it's MDB or even if it's not, you should use the Coin Fill Mode within the C-D (Coin Dump) menu item to ensure the machine knows that there is sufficient change in the coin mech.  Sometimes the tube sensors aren't enough to convince the board that it should allow more than one bill.

Use the programming instructions on your inner door to understand the operation of the programming.  If you have changed a price then you can use the programming with no problems.

I wasn't aware of a 12 oz bottle of Gatorade so you are treading in new waters.  Since this sounds like a long, narrow bottle you will have to set your motor cam to only one notch visible on its outside edge.  This allows the motor to reload after every vend since you will be one product deep.  Put 4-6 bottles in the column and then pull the rear spacer toward the bottles.  Push the bottles against the rear spacer and leave one finger of room between the butt of the bottle and the depressed sold out paddle to correctly set the depth. 

I do believe $1.25 is too high for 12 oz since the 20 oz bottles are usually $1.25 to 1.50, but if you can get that price you should do it.  Don't be ashamed of making a profit on what you sell.

My machine doesn't have any programming instruction inside the machine. I found the SIID manual on the web and tried it on the machine. I have never adjust the motor cam before. Do I just turn it?
This location called me to put in the machine. They asked the previous vending service to leave. I was trying to provide the same type of beverages. according to the location manager, they had gatorade before and it was price at $1.25. I asked the location manager about the size of the gatorade and she told me it was 12 oz.  I was kind of curious about that.

Use the programming instructions on your inner door to understand the operation of the programming.  If you have changed a price then you can use the programming with no problems.

I wasn't aware of a 12 oz bottle of Gatorade so you are treading in new waters.  Since this sounds like a long, narrow bottle you will have to set your motor cam to only one notch visible on its outside edge.  This allows the motor to reload after every vend since you will be one product deep.  Put 4-6 bottles in the column and then pull the rear spacer toward the bottles.  Push the bottles against the rear spacer and leave one finger of room between the butt of the bottle and the depressed sold out paddle to correctly set the depth. 

I do believe $1.25 is too high for 12 oz since the 20 oz bottles are usually $1.25 to 1.50, but if you can get that price you should do it.  Don't be ashamed of making a profit on what you sell.

If you have brown cams then you will flex the face of the front cam away from the rear cam so you can free the front one from the *** that holds the front one in place.  Turn it to the #2 hole. 

The Gatorade the last vendor was using was probably 20 oz bottles and if you try to sell 12 oz bottles for that same price you will have a lot of complaints.  You should really be using at least a DN 501T machine so you can do the Gatorade correctly.

Archived