Small rack?

rodney69

Ok, so I have a location that has tight quarters, and I already have an 8 selection Uturn and a 3 column sticker machine in there side by side. 

I'ts probably my best location and I want to tidy it up and put a rack in. It will be my first rack using single heads with sticker and so on.

I only have 14-15" deep and 24-30" long.

I would like to put a 2" capsule with a sticker on top, and single 1" machines on the bottom. I've never used a rack like this so I would like some help figure out if it will work.

Sorry maybe I missed something...

Are using the space you are currently using by replacing your existing equipment?

Or are you filling in empty space with a rack and leaving the equipment you currently have in there?

Sorry maybe I missed something...

Are using the space you are currently using by replacing your existing equipment?

Or are you filling in empty space with a rack and leaving the equipment you currently have in there?

I'm wanting to pull the equipment out that's in there because I don't feel that it looks as good with a 8 select next to a sticker machine, both on individual stands, and different colors. I've had this location for over 5 years and no competition, well, there was at first, but they had them remover their machine. Anyways, I want it to look better and more professional, with a rack. I'm concerned about losing revenue when I pull the 8 out and put 3 or 4 single heads in, but according to what I'm hearing, I won't. So I want it to look better, and make it easier to service.

Because you want a 3 column and a 2" on top, I don't know that a 5-way will work.

You may need a 6-way.

But, most 6-way racks will be too big for the space you have at your location.

If you purchase a rack stand for this spot, try buying one without side rails...like this one:

3039.jpg

A rack stand with side rails, like the one pictured below, limits the space on top:

18-inch-Rhino-Bulk-Vending-Rack-150x150.

You may still not be able to fit what you want on that upper even on a 5-way without side rails.

You may wind up having to choose between the following for your upper shelf on a 5-way:

• a 3 column flat
  • two 2" machines on top
  • one 2" and one 1" on top

If limited to these options, I would go with only the 3 column flat.

My least favorite option above is the two 2" machines on top.

Hopefully, others will chime in with other options or with corrections if I'm mistaken.

A 5 way is a 6 way...just depend on the setup

6 I inch makes a6 way

2 two inch and 3 1 inch makes a 5 way

Both can go on the same exact stand

In response to sherlock You could do a 2 col sticker 1 two Inch on top

IMHO, if you are just getting started in toys and racks, you should focus on flat tattoos and 1 inch toys.  And defer (or even avoid) 2 inch toys for now. So a 4-way rack would support a 2-column sticker machine and 3 one inch toys/gumballs/runts machines.

For the money, I think you should go with a 4 way rack. Put the three column sticker machine on top and two 1" heads on the bottom. This will meet your space requirements and you'll get a quick return on investment since you already own the three column sticker machine. You'll just be paying off the rack stand and the two 1" heads. I run this configuration in two locations and it has been very successful. I have plans to put together a few more racks like this in the future. I have four heads already, I just need a couple of three column flat machines and a couple of 4 way rack stands. I can hardly wait to get two more of these racks placed.

My experience has been very spotty with 2" machines. Occasionally I get a location that sells 2" very well and the rest of my 2" locations sell very slowly. You can also occasionally have a killer product that sells like crazy, but that never lasts forever. Usually the good products sell well for a month or two and then drop off. 1" toy heads and flat tattoos are more consistent sellers and tend to generate a lot more of my revenue.

Just my 2 cents, hope you have great success with whatever you choose to put in the location.

I have NEW IN BOX small racks available for sale. These are 4 way racks and do not include machines. They are eagle brand and can be configured in the following setups: 1 2" machine on top, 2 1" machines on bottom, 4 1" machines, or a 3 column flat on top and the 2 1" machines on the bottom. I would take 30 per rack.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to decide on 6 way or 4 way, but staying away from the 2" as suggested in here by a few of you. Thank you for everyone's opinion. I will probably do a .50 toy, .25 sticky, gumball and maybe skittles and a 3 column flat. I already have everything but the rack and will be getting that when I can. 

I'm also going to pick up a couple small racks from Nick so I can get a couple more going as well. I am currently building and refurbing  a 3 column flat with 2 Uturns on the front. I'll post pics in the refurb area tonight and add as I go. These I only use when necessary do to the expense of everything and all the product needed!

Thank you again for all your help!

Ok, I can't seem to get the pics to show here even with uploading to the forum. They are in the gallery though.

I don't think the pics showed up, but these are of the location I want to upgrade. I'm thinking a 3 column and single 1"  on top and 3 singles on the bottom. Will it fit on a 6 way?

Ok, I can't seem to get the pics to show here even with uploading to the forum. They are in the gallery though.

I don't think the pics showed up, but these are of the location I want to upgrade. I'm thinking a 3 column and single 1"  on top and 3 singles on the bottom. Will it fit on a 6 way?

Yes a 6 head rack is wide enough for a 3 column on top and a 1" or a 4 column on top. 

Archived