I run the pop machine for my church. We suddenly ran into a problem where the pop machine is no longer dispensing pop. When we insert our money we are able to select which type of pop we want. When we click on a selection it will do one of two things: it will say "vending" and then return our money as it says "try another selection" or, if we have tried this selection before, it will just tell us "try another selection" and return the money. I am not that knowledgable when it comes to these vending machines. I curious what the problem might be.

Thanks!

If this happens on all of your selections then you probably have a blown fuse on your logic board or the board is bad.  If it's only on one selection then it could be a column is jammed or perhaps the motor switch is bad.

If you need to check the fuses then turn power off and remove the cover of the logic board.  In the top right corner you will find 3 short fuses.  I believe the center one is marked 4 amps and is the motor fuse.  If it's blown, replace it with the same type fuse in that position.  If all fuses are good then you may have a bad board. 

If only one selection is the problem then remove your motor cover and inspect the offending column to see if the motor is in the home position.  Home position is when the motor switch arm is resting in a notch on the edge of the plastic timing cam.  If you find the switch on the high side of the cam and not in a notch then empty the column and see if a can is jammed in the vend mechanism.  If one is jammed you can release the motor brake by depressing the brass brake actuator lever that is on the outside edge of the motor magnet.  Pressing this lever will disengage the brake and allow the motor to turn backwards away from the jammed can.  This should allow you to remove the can after which you can turn the machine back on and press your door switch to force the machine to attempt to home that motor.  If the motor now stops in the home position then you have fixed it and can reload your column.

You can PM me if you need any parts for this machine.

I believe it is the center fuse and it should be 6 amp.... You can tell when the cover is taken off the bad one is usually blackened. This happens when there is a power surge and sometimes it will cause several motors to try and run at the same time. After a good lightening storm there will be a few of these.

Radio Shack carries or use to small fuses like these. Do not use a gum wrapper or a larger fuse. Things will go up in flames!!!  

Thanks guys! I did look under the cover where the "motherboard" is and it does look like there is a blown fuse in the F2 position. I will probably be hitting you up for parts, AZvendor. Again, thanks a ton for your help!

I run the pop machine for my church. We suddenly ran into a problem where the pop machine is no longer dispensing pop. When we insert our money we are able to select which type of pop we want. When we click on a selection it will do one of two things: it will say "vending" and then return our money as it says "try another selection" or, if we have tried this selection before, it will just tell us "try another selection" and return the money. I am not that knowledgable when it comes to these vending machines. I curious what the problem might be.

Thanks!

Make sure you have enough cans in each column to depress the sold out lever.  If you do, then I'd look for jammed cans which will clog up the whole column.  If that's not the case, your next step is to check the motors, often you can replace the microswitches fairly cheaply if you can figure out which one is bad.  If you have at least one working column, use that motor to troubleshoot the columns that are not working. This could take as long as two hours to get this thing troubleshot and unplug the machine before removing any connections.

Archived