Route Insurance

Randy 805

Hey guys, I've recently aquired a location that requires I carry at least $1,000,000 in Liability insurance, this sounds like a lot, it's been a goal of mine to finally aquire insurance for my small route in general, I guess now is the time, but is this amount they are requesting common?  how much can I expect to pay monthly for a policy like that?  What are some good vending specific or general business insurance companies you could reccommend?

Hey guys, I've recently aquired a location that requires I carry at least $1,000,000 in Liability insurance, this sounds like a lot, it's been a goal of mine to finally aquire insurance for my small route in general, I guess now is the time, but is this amount they are requesting common?  how much can I expect to pay monthly for a policy like that?  What are some good vending specific or general business insurance companies you could reccommend?

Farmers is the best here in California - figure on less than $30 a month

• 9 months later...

You need a liability policy, not just a vehicle policy.  You can use your normal car insurance as you'll likely use a personal vehicle for this but you need a liability policy for the business.  Don't waste your time trying to insure your machines as it's a waste of time and money for what they are worth.  The liability coverage is by far the most important.

You need a liability policy, not just a vehicle policy.  You can use your normal car insurance as you'll likely use a personal vehicle for this but you need a liability policy for the business.  Don't waste your time trying to insure your machines as it's a waste of time and money for what they are worth.  The liability coverage is by far the most important.

Liability just covers people getting hurt from the machines/damage to the property they are on right? 

• 2 weeks later...

I see from your profile that, like me, you're operating in California.  This reminds me of a joke:

Why does New Jersey have the most toxic waste dumps in the country and California have the most lawyers? New Jersey had first pick.

Business insurance policies are often offered in large amounts like that.  When I looked at policies a couple of months ago with Hartford, I explained I was just starting out and didn't have ton of machines yet and I was offered policies for $1M, $1.5M, $2M.  I opted for $1M and paid $325 for the year.  Small price for your peace-of-mind and never underestimate the effect that the words "FULLY INSURED" has on risk-averse decision makers.  Of course, your contracts should specify that damage due to negligence on their side is their responsibility.

Archived