LCM2 motors

Pdm422

At that point, it's probably either a harness issue or a board issue.  Do ANY of the selections work on that row?  If any of them do work, which ones work?  What exactly is the problem that you are having?

Have you tried the old turn-the-machine-off-and-back-on trick?

I have tried turning it off. It has A3, C3, C5 C7 that don't work, when you push the selection it lights make another selection. I took the C tray put into the B position and the B to C and the problem stayed on the C tray. I didn't try anything with the A problem

Have you tried homing those selections?

Enter Service Mode

Test Vend selection

Press 5 (display will show SLCT)

enter selection number

If that doesn't work check that prices are set for those selections

Still no luck - check the wiring harness and shelf connectors

With any LCM machine, before closing the door you should always go into and out of the service mode several times to ensure that the proper number of motors is being displayed by the control board.  These machines are notorious for having entire shelves taken out of the matrix if an operator were to go into and out of the service mode while a shelf was not pushed in.  This issue can be resolved by powering the machine off for a few seconds while the shelves are all pushed in, then powering up so the board can scan all motors and peripherals.  If it still doesn't show all the motors then follow Falls advice to test all the motors on the affected shelf.  You should also inspect all your shelf rollers to confirm that they are tightly attached as a loose roller can cause a misalignment of the rear shelf pins.  This could also be two different problems such as a bad motor on A3 and damaged shelf pins on the C shelf.

Went into test vend and they all worked, made sure prices were set, and still would not work when money was inserted. Then went into free vend and they worked, took it out of free vend and everything worked fine? I am not sure why that would have done anything?

Went into test vend and they all worked, made sure prices were set, and still would not work when money was inserted. Then went into free vend and they worked, took it out of free vend and everything worked fine? I am not sure why that would have done anything?

Unlike most vendors when the door is closed the operate switch is pressed and it will go through a diagnostic procedure. Any motors that don't operate then are activated.

On the LCM (no service switch)  the only way to get it to run through diagnostics is to power down wait a few seconds and then power up. It may possible other ways but I have found power down works. 

Archived