DNCB 180 / SII

Can't seem to determine if I'm out of freon or not.

Turn thermostat down compressor turns off.

Turn thermostat up compressor kicks in.

Fans are both running and when facing the evaporator, frost is on the last coil and up the tube to the evap.

Pop is cool to the touch but not cold.

I have an electronic wireless thermometer in the machine and I reads 3 degrees cooler then room temp.

Pulled out a Pepsi and although it isn't cold, it is cool.

Am I missing a step here?

Never mind. Pulled the machine out from the wall.

Temp is dropping slowly.

If it was against the wall and not breathing properly then that would cause the compressor to short cycle.  If moving it doesn't fix it then you could be low on freon.  BTW, make sure your thermostat is set to 3 1/2.

If it was against the wall and not breathing properly then that would cause the compressor to short cycle. If moving it doesn't fix it then you could be low on freon. BTW, make sure your thermostat is set to 3 1/2.

The unfortunate thing is, the thermostats knob is gone. It was approx just less then a 1/4 turn from off. I have it at about the same position but the business was closing so I have to go back tomorrow to check again.

Here's hopping I got it right and nothing freezes.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess its no longer a win. Serviced it today and everything is just cool not cold. Fairly certian that the freon is gone.

Is it very difficult to remove the deck to take in for a re-charge, or should I call in someone to do it?

I'm not sure about a 180 but most DN's are pretty easy. The confusing part is figuring out how to properly remove the delivery chute and the plastic pieces that hold the lines in place at the tank. Once you do that and remove a bolt or two, removing the deck is pretty straightforward. . The top and bottom slide out simultaneously as they are both part of the entire deck. The hardest part is probably reinstalling the deck. Removing it and picking up is the next hardest.

Replacing a refrigeration deck isn't that hard... it's just hard on the pocket book.

Archived