Rowe Five Wide

CajunCandy

Looking for help with a Rowe five wide machine, (it is not mine) for a rookie vendor I'm trying to help.

He bought it used from another vendor, it has a Greenwick board, Mars DBA, Mars 6510 coin mech, also

has a USA CC reader on it.

Problem is the location has been calling him letting him know it is not taking dollar bills, no green light 

flashing on DBA, will take coins and CC reader works, give out product.

He can reboot machine and DBA starts working, takes $, and can run money $50 no problem.

Leave from location and two hours later, they call, DBA not accepting $.

He claims the DBA is new or refurbished, Mars TRC 6510 is a new one, I sold it to him.

Switch on door is new.

I haven't looked at machine, because of the how I work and he stays on road for company he works for.

Any tips as to what to look for?

Thanks 

cajun

It sounds like the Greenwick board is losing track of the coin counts in the coin tubes.  You need you empty the changer and then use whatever tube fill method the board uses to refill the tubes so the board can count the coins into inventory.  When the changer is refilled during normal service it needs to be done using tube fill so the board can always know the coin counts.

Looking for help with a Rowe five wide machine, (it is not mine) for a rookie vendor I'm trying to help.

He bought it used from another vendor, it has a Greenwick board, Mars DBA, Mars 6510 coin mech, also

has a USA CC reader on it.

Problem is the location has been calling him letting him know it is not taking dollar bills, no green light 

flashing on DBA, will take coins and CC reader works, give out product.

He can reboot machine and DBA starts working, takes $, and can run money $50 no problem.

Leave from location and two hours later, they call, DBA not accepting $.

He claims the DBA is new or refurbished, Mars TRC 6510 is a new one, I sold it to him.

Switch on door is new.

I haven't looked at machine, because of the how I work and he stays on road for company he works for.

Any tips as to what to look for?

Thanks 

cajun

I'd say his main problem Mike, is that he's buying his parts from you  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'd say his main problem Mike, is that he's buying his parts from you  ;D  ;D  ;D

I got parts to sell you to moondoggie!

It sounds like the Greenwick board is losing track of the coin counts in the coin tubes.  You need you empty the changer and then use whatever tube fill method the board uses to refill the tubes so the board can count the coins into inventory.  When the changer is refilled during normal service it needs to be done using tube fill so the board can always know the coin counts.

Thanks AZ

I will try to meet up with him this weekend and try what you suggested.

Are you using a MDB bill acceptor? I never could get non MDB BAs to work correctly with Greenwick boards.

Next check with Greenwick and be certain you have the newest software. I have found old software that would display your symptoms.

Are the coin tubes full?

Also if the bin sensor is connected test it very thoroughly as I have yet to find one the works correctly.

If it fails the disconnect it.

Walta

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this back up on top for a new problem with machine.

The machine is located by two of my locations, so I stopped and walked inside to see how it was doing.

1: Display is flashing.

2: Machine will not take money until you push change return button, display will stop flashing.

3: Machine will take money and vend product.

This is what parts counter woman informed me it was doing, I have not messed with machine. I did text the owner if he knew what was going on with his machine, yes he replied. I don't know what to do was his answer.

1: He bought machine from another vendor, I don't know vendor.

2: Machine has done nothing but give him trouble, no help from person he bought it from.

3: I could be a Golpher and steal location from him! lol!

4: Maybe somebody has and idea what is up with machine.

cajun

My first guess would be the coin return button is pressing ever so slightly on the coin mech coin return lever. I had a similar problem with a crane national which, since it was my first machine and I'm about 5 hours from the nearest vending tech, took a fair bit of trial and error to fix. From what i recall it was actually caused by the machine not being completely level and the door being slightly warped when closed.

Falls could be right in that the c/r lever is somehow pressing down on the c/r of the coin mech, but the Rowe c/r lever is not prone to doing that.  You should check that the spring wound around the c/r lever axle is installed correctly or it won't properly pull the lever off the coin mech.  Otherwise I would suspect a coin mech problem or a Greenwick board issue.  Greenwick does recommend that you NOT use a solenoid payout coin mech with their kits because the solenoids pull a lot of current and this can cause payout issues (only) with the board.  The Rowe displays are almost like logic boards themselves with memory and other components on them so the problem with the flashing display (Rowe display is used with the Greenwick kit) could indicate a problem in the display.  The display is different in a 4900 and a 5900.

This could all be caused by an underlying low voltage condition from the power supply but you would need to troubleshoot that with a volt meter.

Thanks falls and AZ!

I have no way to open machine, will try to get vendor there later today to help him if possible with his problem, or at least let him know what to look for.

Thanks Randy on Royal, I pulled the two that was giving me the problem and it now vends the can like it should.

cajun

Archived