Questions About AP 133

CajunCandy

Some are, some aren't.  Mike, is this the same machine as the 931 you had asked me about parts for?  It might be as AP changed model numbers on this machine in mid-stream.  Did I ever send you those parts or did I drop the ball on it?

133 changed to 933

132 changed to 932

131 changed to 931

Same machines just the model numbers changed in October 2006 after the Crane purchase.

Do you mind me asking you how you know so much about vending machine models & manufacturing dates?

Your like an encyclopedia of vending ;D  

AP had just begun building the 130 series of machines at the time that they started negotiations to sell the company to Crane.  Of course, no one knew this was happening and after the sale to Crane, the line model numbers changed to the 930 series to line up closer to the series numbers that Crane was using and, I believe, to show the world that Crane now owned them.  The machines continued production at AP's facility with the AP name on them for a few months until Crane moved all of their manufacturing from St. Louis, MO and all the AP manufacturing in Minnesota to Williston, SC where the Dixie Narco facility was.  The biggest drawback to this transition was that Crane has treated that line of machines as an "ugly stepchild" and done a horrible job of supporting it with parts.  Consequently there are some parts that can't be ordered for those models now, or are on perpetual back order. 

AP had just begun building the 130 series of machines at the time that they started negotiations to sell the company to Crane.  Of course, no one knew this was happening and after the sale to Crane, the line model numbers changed to the 930 series to line up closer to the series numbers that Crane was using and, I believe, to show the world that Crane now owned them.  The machines continued production at AP's facility with the AP name on them for a few months until Crane moved all of their manufacturing from St. Louis, MO and all the AP manufacturing in Minnesota to Williston, SC where the Dixie Narco facility was.  The biggest drawback to this transition was that Crane has treated that line of machines as an "ugly stepchild" and done a horrible job of supporting it with parts.  Consequently there are some parts that can't be ordered for those models now, or are on perpetual back order. 

Production stayed in Minnesota until the end of October 2006, then moved first to St Louis where it stayed until production was moved to Williston, SC in early 2011. 

Do you mind me asking you how you know so much about vending machine models & manufacturing dates?

Your like an encyclopedia of vending ;D  

I have been in the vending business for 30 years and for 6 of them I was and Automatic Products employee

Production stayed in Minnesota until the end of October 2006, then moved first to St Louis where it stayed until production was moved to Williston, SC in early 2011. 

Boy, it doesn't seem like that much time has passed already but it's been such an uphill climb with newer AP parts and older DN parts since then.  I do remember though, that when the sale occurred (not too long after the DN sale) that after knowing what Crane did to DN, I was predicting the poor parts situation we now have with AP.

How long did you work for AP and in what capacity?

Cajun, do you have certain parts you need?  I just pulled one just like this (chiller and all).  The machine has been working beautifully.  Mine was exposed to light water spray for the last several years and has just out in some spots.  I think my chiller needs some attention, it wasn't cooling as well this summer as it had been.  I am still debating trying to do some body work on it and try to make it look presentable again or piecing it out for parts and taking the body for scrap.

Boy, it doesn't seem like that much time has passed already but it's been such an uphill climb with newer AP parts and older DN parts since then.  I do remember though, that when the sale occurred (not too long after the DN sale) that after knowing what Crane did to DN, I was predicting the poor parts situation we now have with AP.

How long did you work for AP and in what capacity?

I was there from 2005 through late 2011 and there is a good chance I spoke to you if you called there as I was in the Technical Support group.

Archived