vending bananas?

matthew0582

i have 2 ams combos in 2 different gyms. how would you suggest to place bananas in there?

I don't know about your local area but you might be subject to health/vending regulations if you put something like that in a machine.  Beyond that, I would venture to say that you may need to use two snack selections together to have adequate room for bananas.  Bananas are pretty cheap but they go brown pretty quick so you need to charge a solid price for them.

Since bananas should be stored at room temperature (they brown faster when cold) the best way to do it would be with a dual spiral selection.  If your machines are Sensit 2s or 3s then there is a dual spiral kit to convert a selection(s) with.  I can't imagine that you would sell many of them so you might not want to offer anything like that. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is being done very successfully here by a very large banana grower, bananavending.com.au, in fact they have expanded the business into another offshoot called fruitbar.com.au. The company places  machines into high volume locations such as hospitals etc, and they are doing extremely well and many of their machines requires restocking several times each week.

They use a vt5000 combo with an elevator door  kit which is a fantastic machine but not cheap. You can buy cheaper chinese machines with an elevator for a lot less and yes some are good but others have a way to go yet to be perfect.

To vend bananas successfully you need a machine with an elevator, anything less is no good in my opinion.

This is being done very successfully here by a very large banana grower, bananavending.com.au, in fact they have expanded the business into another offshoot called fruitbar.com.au. The company places machines into high volume locations such as hospitals etc, and they are doing extremely well and many of their machines requires restocking several times each week.

They use a vt5000 combo with an elevator door kit which is a fantastic machine but not cheap. You can buy cheaper chinese machines with an elevator for a lot less and yes some are good but others have a way to go yet to be perfect.

To vend bananas successfully you need a machine with an elevator, anything less is no good in my opinion.

Cold food machine with doors

I have to say though... a decent turret food machine without working refrigeration is going to cost THOUSANDS less than what the VT5000 is going to cost.  Bananas aren't going to make enough money to pay for a new machine here in the states.  No way.  Convenience stores don't even sell a whole lot of bananas.

The idea is to targe very high volume locations such as train stations and hospitals etc. Chris i think you might be very surprised how well they perform in the type of locations i mentioned.

Here they are selling out up to 3 times each week, many said it wouldnt work here, all the doubters are being proved wrong. 

Archived