best way to deep clean a narco 5591

matthew0582

It can be wet inside and you don't need bleach.  Soap and water and a dish brush is all you need.  Scrub the product slides and the areas on both sides of each gate.  You will need to put a fan on it for a few days to dry it out afterward.  If there is a lot of syrup under the gates you will need to remove them to clean under them, though one of the members here has used a steamer to force steam under the gates and remove most of what's there.  I remove the gunked up gates and clean them that way, but that's just me.  I often have to replace some gates anyway if they are cracked.

I don't recommend using bleach.  While I am no expert at using bleach to clean things, I do know that it is a strong chemical base and it can "melt" certain types of plastic and that could damage your machine.  Windex (or any normal glass cleaner) does amazing things for many cleaning jobs.

My opinion on the vend sensors is to replace them so that you can take advantage of the guaranteed vend capability, the vend retry upon a mis-vend capability and the anti-theft capabilities.  The sensors are there for a reason and while most vendors will cut the wires and short them to quiet the beeping from an out-of-adjustment sensor, that then defeats the purpose of the sensors.  Not to mention that all it takes to quiet a beeping sensor is to clean and realign it.  I am practically alone in the position about the sensors, but that's because I'm apparently the only one who sees the value in using them, not to mention that I'm apparently the only one on the forum who knows how to adjust one.

Now that your sensors are cut they would need to be replaced and the nice thing about the new sensors is that they have a light beam in them for aiming the sensor.  This is a far superior way to how it was done in the past.  The lower sensor is for the guaranteed vend system and the upper sensor is to prevent someone from trying to pilfer product from the machine or keep them from holding the delivery flap closed so that no product reaches the bottom sensor.  This would then allow another selection or two to be made, effectively stealing from you.  That's why it's important to use the sensors.

Let me know if you want me to send some to you.  I'll be on vacation next week but I can send them when I get back.

Archived