Holiday sales decline

cvending

From the end of November through the middle ls January sales have historically been slow. However, this year they seem worse than normal. Even the number of accounts who closed last Tuesday and are remaining closed until Jan. 5th, is far greater than previous years.mare you all experiencing the same?

I, too have grown (Goan) significantly this year. I have been pleasantly surprised at the numbers I am pulling in so far. Yes, I have had a few locations shut down for an extended period. Others have operated as much as possible(shut down two weeks last year!). I try to plan for a 20% decrease in sales November thru January.

With the way the holidays came in the middle of the week this year sure didn't help me. I have been much slower this time of year than normal. I noticed that a lot of my customers where slow and people just where not out spending any money. Hope with gas price's dropping it gets more money out in my machines in the coming new year.

I have just one location that does shut down for two weeks this time of year.

Like everybody else I have notice a slump in sales, no big overhead here so I should make it!

Wait! I still have my real job in the real world! lol!

The vending does pay it's bills, and let me ride around in a soccer mom van! Cool!

cajun 

We have many this year that have closed from 12/23-1/5 that have not done so previously. We are accustomed to the normal slowdown, it just seems more widespread this yr. even those who did not close( hospital, nursing homes) have fallen well off their normal sales. Hopefully 2015 will be much different since Christmas $ New Year are on Fridays. Best wishes for everyone for a prosperous 2015

Thanksgiving this year we did surprisngly well.   Even the first two weeks of December we were way up as our accounts worked extra to account for the slow holiday time.    Holidays that fall on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday are never too kind to vending operators, especially in consecutive weeks.

We have many this year that have closed from 12/23-1/5 that have not done so previously. We are accustomed to the normal slowdown, it just seems more widespread this yr. even those who did not close( hospital, nursing homes) have fallen well off their normal sales. Hopefully 2015 will be much different since Christmas $ New Year are on Fridays. Best wishes for everyone for a prosperous 2015

Same here CVending.  November sales were probably only 75% of what October's sales were  November's sales are usually way closer to October's sales.

I think this is the first time in 20 years that I took 2 consecutive 4 days off.  The reason being most businesses took Wed-Sunday off.  A few were open but not worth running the routes.

Depending on the type of accounts you have the decline during these type of years in my opinion is normal. In my area from November until the first full week of January nothing is normal. In November you have Veterans Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving and Teacher Conventions. So If you have school accounts your November is shot. Then comes December a few weeks later when the schools have off again along with New Years. Most business then give their staff extended time off or work with a skeleton crew.

Just my thoughts.

Happy New Year to all.

Archived