How to price a single location.

CajunCandy

Some thing new to me, always did find my location on my own.

This person has a spot between my locations, I would like to have it without his machine. I have my own machines ready to go.

Told him let me know what he grosses a month there.

I do know there is over thirty people working there, with a bunch of customers in and out all day long.

Open 6 days a week. He has a CC on it and he showed me some days it has made as much as $30 a day to only $5 a day.

He has't told me what he brings in a month. I know he paid nothing for location, walked in when the machine that was there and it was completely empty, and offered to put a machine there. 

School me.

cajun

Is it an office-type setting or more of a blue-collar factory-like setting where people are working hard?  It always depends on HOW hard they are working and other factors like.. how far away the nearest convenient store or food place is, etc...

If it's a blue-collar place where most of the workers are physically working rather than sitting in an office all day, I would expect 2.00-2.50 per person each week.  So... if it is blue collar, I would figure something in the range of $60-$70/week for snacks AND soda, but blue-collar locations can do much better than this if the conditions are right (hot, humid, long hours, nothing else around to eat or drink, etc..)  I have a location that I got about 3 years ago that currently has 13 employees and grosses almost $100/week.

For white-collar, I figure 1.00-1.50 per person each week... so $30-$45/week but I almost never expect any better than that.

Those are my figures... I hope it helps.

Thanks AngryChris.

It is snack only as location has a fountain type machine in it. Provided by company.

Same thing as my scrap yard, owner provides drinks.

And it is blue collar working people, warehouse in back store/hardware in front.

Store about two blocks away.

cajun 

Thanks AngryChris.

It is snack only as location has a fountain type machine in it. Provided by company.

Same thing as my scrap yard, owner provides drinks.

And it is blue collar working people, warehouse in back store/hardware in front.

Store about two blocks away.

cajun 

Well... if it's snacks only then I would reduce my number by half at least... so lets say around $35/week out of a snack machine.  It might be worth fooling around with if you have the equipment but I don't know if I would.  There's a chance that the workers aren't big snackers but I have some locations that seem similar to yours and the snack sales are actually pretty decent in the winter but not so great in the summer.  I have no knowledge of how snack sales do in a region such as yours though.  For all you know, people might really kill some salty snacks if they are getting fountain drinks for free.

Some thing new to me, always did find my location on my own.

This person has a spot between my locations, I would like to have it without his machine. I have my own machines ready to go.

Told him let me know what he grosses a month there.

I do know there is over thirty people working there, with a bunch of customers in and out all day long.

Open 6 days a week. He has a CC on it and he showed me some days it has made as much as $30 a day to only $5 a day.

He has't told me what he brings in a month. I know he paid nothing for location, walked in when the machine that was there and it was completely empty, and offered to put a machine there. 

School me.

cajun

Smells like a dog Mike.  The first vendor abandoned it and now the second guy wants out.  With no soda sales and only 30 people I'd pass on this one.  I can't believe that the current guy stuck a CC reader there.

Rookie vendor moondog!

He stuck a five wide Rowe with CC reader, because he bought some one else junk. It has not work right from day one, and he is frustrated with it.

The location would work for me, as it is right in middle of my route. It is less than two miles from me.

I have a four wide that would work good there, with no CC reader.

cajun

Rookie vendor moondog!

He stuck a five wide Rowe with CC reader, because he bought some one else junk. It has not work right from day one, and he is frustrated with it.

The location would work for me, as it is right in middle of my route. It is less than two miles from me.

I have a four wide that would work good there, with no CC reader.

cajun

Don't pay too much - you know how I feel about snack only accounts.  No more than 500 and you do not want his old Rowe.

LoL!

No Rowe for me moondog!

The way I see it nothing ventured nothing gained!

If it would be father away, I would pass.

I'm pestering him to sell it to me, for the simply reason he has far to drive to stock machine.

I could try to steal account from him, but that is bad business.

cajun

LoL!

No Rowe for me moondog!

The way I see it nothing ventured nothing gained!

If it would be father away, I would pass.

I'm pestering him to sell it to me, for the simply reason he has far to drive to stock machine.

I could try to steal account from him, but that is bad business.

cajun

Stealing accounts is bad business. We're all in this together. 

If someone is willing to sell for a fair price, I won't try to "steal the account" but business is business.  I can't say that I have "stolen" any accounts.  I have just gotten the other vendor kicked out while I installed my own equipment (I am a smartass, I know).  But seriously, if I KNEW someone was honest with me, and they simply wanted to sell some accounts at a fair price, I would buy them if I were interested.

Just let everybody know, done deal,

Good price and I move his machine out of business, to his rental building.

cajun

It's amazing what you can achieve with all that spare time to pester somebody  ;D  ;D  ;D

Archived